Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jason

Say which of the two songs above you like. Then, post two songs you like.

Just being nice, but my least favorite form of rock is black metal. I like even djent more and I'll never play that music even. That being said, I'm OK with death metal as long as the vocalist is good (like Chuck Schulinder and the vocalist of Carcass) and I can understand the singing. First song makes me puke my guts, second song gives me nightmares of evil stuff surrounding me. What's better? I vote for the second, because of the creepy vocals. But will never listen to anything like that ever again. I don't even understand the point of Black Metal. Why? 

This is the answer - you can do technical, doomy and heavy stuff even about death, disbelief, suicide and utter depression with a clean high pitched operatic voice. If you think this is impossible, then how did Warrel Dane do it? 

But if you still love growling, then I'll show you somebody who can do every voice in heavy metal. 

Well, personally I have Warrel Dane and Stu Block as very big inspirations to my vocal style, so it's no surprise I like posting lots of their stuff. Otherwise, I don't know if this topic is necessary. 

20 hours ago, spd7693 said:

I don't even understand the point of Black Metal. Why? 

Because they can and we like that? Perhaps you shouldn't listen to this at all if it makes you feel all sorts of awkward and disgusted.

Finally new page, damn that took way too long lol.

The Immolation song is actually pretty good. It reminds me of Therion's 2nd album a fair bit. But its up against a song from one of the main bands I am into now, so it never had a shot. Insomnium all the way. 

Speaking of Therion...

I really like Deggial, think its very underrated. 

Definitely The Silent Winter Sky here. Like I said earlier, I'm OK with death metal, I even like some of it. 

Still I prefer the clean vocals. Does someone still listen to bands with clean vocals? Symphony X anyone? 

Or Blind Guardian? 

Knowing my tastes, you'll guess I liked Epica's song more. Man, this is the first time I listen to them and I may have a new influence to my musical style. For Paradise Lost, I don't think growl vocals suit slow riffs. 

Now, let's jump into clean vocals again and take a trip to Bulgaria, where I am from. These two songs come from Bulgarian heavy metal bands. First is the female fronted symphonic band Bendida who were chosen by Nightwish to warm up their show in Varna, Bulgaria in 2018. Unfortunately, I couldn't go to the show, because I was in Germany. 

The second one is created by another Bulgarian band, Yuvigi. And yes, I'm personally familiar with the vocalists of both bands. Past as an active musician helps and I still consider myself a musician. Here I'm posting the original recording of this song from the EP Come What May, but the song was remastered for the subsequent album From Black in 2017. 

The much I like Genesis, the Van Der Graaf Generator songs had vocals, while the Genesis one didn't. Personally, I listen to instrumentals only only in a long playlist, like 16 songs. Or on a concert of course. On the flip side, I liked both. Progressive is my weakness. 

The next two songs I'm going to post are in Bulgarian, that's why I'm going to support you with translation of the lyrics in English. Both have given names to the secret maps in the wad I'm about to make. https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/110478-let-the-maps-speak-for-themselves/ First one is the one that gave the name to map 32, which is finished and is called The Black Sheep. In Bulgarian it's Chernata Ovca. (Черната овца.) Translation is here (not really perfect): https://lyricstranslate.com/bg/черната-овца-black-sheep.html 

Second one gives name to my map 31, which unfortunately I haven't started yet. It's called Diamonds and Glass and the map is called The Ruby Tower, which is the place where the events in the song happen. I support you with a translation (not very accurate again): https://lyricstranslate.com/bg/elmaz-i-staklo-елмаз-и-стъкло-diamond-and-glass.html 

In my defense, nobody said we have to strictly post songs in English, right? 

I liked In Grief by God Macabre of the two, particularly as it went on where the composition started going interesting places. 

Who's the vocalist of Virgin Steele? That voice sounds familiar to me. Has he sung with a band like Helloween or Blind Guardian at some point? 

Anyways, Virgin Steele - Token Of My Hatred. Personal Preference. The other song questions religion and I'm Greek Orthodox. 

Time for some action on my end. First is by Into Eternity: 

And the second one doesn't need introduction. 

OK, I've had enough! I'm planning to post this for a week and every time I look at this topic, the last post is by @seed ! Since he seems to listen to nothing but black metal, I'm gonna break the rules and not react to his post. I wanted to say I liked the Iced Earth song more from what @hybridial posted since Matt Barlow is one of my main influences as a vocalist. But of course, I had to skip class to see the post in time? I can't breathe black metal! Simply can't! 

Here is what I waited for. Without looking at the comments or the video description guess where this band is from: 

It was hard to place an opponent for this symphonic band with a choir doing the lead vocals. But as we mentioned Iced Earth earlier, I would like to share something by John Schaffer as well: 

I respect your tastes, but sometimes patience has an end. Respect mine please too. 

Uh, not to be an asshole, but you've just been one y'know, so... don't you think you're entitled and childish right now, reaction that violently to someone else's preferences? No one said you should like what you're hearing, but you could've simply waited for someone else to post if you hate my songs that fucking much, rather than raging in the topic and acting so spoiled. Grow up. And no I'm not going to suddenly post something else just so you can better digest it. There's been many songs I didn't like posted here in this topic, but you're not seeing me (or anyone else, for that matter) having a childish aversion. You're literally the only one acting like this.

And what the fuck is "patience has an end" supposed to mean? Ugh, you know what, fuck it, I don't even care, I am done wasting my time on you, don't even know why I did in the first place.

Demons & Wizards.

I'm gonna go with Imperial Age, my guess is they're either from Germany (or somwhere around there) or Spain/Mexico judging by the last names in the credits, or maybe even Australia since the style of the video kinda reminds me of Gloryhammer.

I did like the white haired guy's beard in the second vid.

Both were good, I would go with Nyctophelia though just because I generally prefer songs to ambient tracks, outside of soundtracks. Hau Hra! would be pretty cool to play Quake or Doom to. 

I'm not really much of a Metal Head but Pilgrim sounds like a song you'd just lay down and stare at the ceiling too, and just listen do it over and over again

Death Grips seem fine as musicians. I go for the first one. The second song sounds stupid. And @Rince-wind - Imperial Age come from... (drum roll) Russia! Surprised? Russia actually has some more nice rock bands. 

Ah, feels like though since we're on the topic of electronic music... That we have a classic in the electronic music here. This is a rare song by a familiar composer. 

But what if elctronic meets metal? Then some Rammstein appears!