Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

Who are your favorite Super Heroes?

4 hours ago, Impie said:

The Punisher, but specifically 80s and early 90s Punisher. As in, before Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon turned him into a moronic cartoon character.

Not a fan of MAX I take it?

@Impie I don't know jack about the Punisher besides him having the super power to know how to use guns so can i jump into any one of those issues or do i need to read some origin story beforehand :O?

22 hours ago, SOSU said:

@Impie I don't know jack about the Punisher besides him having the super power to know how to use guns so can i jump into any one of those issues or do i need to read some origin story beforehand :O?

Old school comics always had a blurb summarizing the character's premise. I don't think they ever had an origin story issue, and the stories often allude to what happened to him somehow anyway, so you can jump in to any of them.

Fortress Miami is my personal favorite, art and story wise.

@Impie Okie dokie :) 

Was his first appereance in tales of angst #13? xD (I know that he originates from Spoderman) 

Also what's your opinion on the time he was black?

I'm gonna put a word for Fantomah, mystery woman of the jungle, the first super-heroine and also the first environmentally-conscious super-hero. Also she's completely insane and her creator was even more so, tragically ending his life as a hobo despised (for good reasons, alas) by his family.

Not exactly a superhero, but Rip Kirby is one of my favourites. It was published in the daily newspaper when I was a child. Didn't know how to read, so I just looked at the pictures wanting to know more. One day I noticed I could read it and it was awesome! I knew what was going on in it. I never ever asked anyone to read it for me.

Bloodshot, Hama-era Wolverine, Rogue, and - as a double act - Laura and Gabby Kinney.

The greatest comic stories are the ones where the writers take lots of drugs and then cram a superhero into their hallucinations. Remember when the Punisher was black? 

image.png.87ee9e45513e01cb2ea87d8f30ce8d99.png

Or when silver-age Superman was a dickhead for no reason at all?

image.png.5aa29adaa41f9bc2c30b2e83b5d85090.png

10 hours ago, SOSU said:

@Mr. Freeze Already mentioned the time the Punisher was black :)

I have the story arc where that happened! I never read the follow-up issues though so I dunno where it went from there.

21 hours ago, Gez said:

I'm gonna put a word for Fantomah, mystery woman of the jungle, the first super-heroine and also the first environmentally-conscious super-hero. Also she's completely insane and her creator was even more so, tragically ending his life as a hobo despised (for good reasons, alas) by his family.

That guy made two other identical characters to Fantomah didn't he? Essentially gods who only showed up at the end of each issue to dish out ridiculous punishments to the villains?

Also, she's not a super hero, but I'm in love with Archie's Cricket O'Dell and her money-detecting superpowers.

image.png.eb9105935434db8538dff872f2096bcf.png

Edited by Impie