Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Roofi

Doom 2 maps where the chaingun is your main weapon

Hello , sorry if my title is unclear.

I'm looking for Doom 2 maps (No maps using Ultimate Doom) where the player massively uses a chaingun instead of the traditionnal shotgun/SSG to fight monsters or where gimmicks are built around this weapon. To make it simpler, I'm looking for maps that would have these criteria (No problem if a proposed map does not include all the mentioned criteria) :

- No shotgun/SSG preferably , other non hitscan weapons are okay.

- I don't mind if the chaingun is custom (ex : Disturbia). I just want to have maps where the chaingun is the primary weapon.

- I don't mind if the map is big or if it's just a little speedmap.

- I would like to see maps where the player if forced to kill some mid-tiers monsters with the chaingun , so avoid UD-like maps with only imps , zombies and demons.

There are two examples of maps which more of less fit with what I'm looking for.

Base Ganymede's E1M3.

Spoiler

Yeah, I know you said 'No Doom1 maps", but hey, this one is good. And it's made for the original Doom 1993 version.

4 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Base Ganymede's E1M3.

Hide contents

Yeah, I know you said 'No Doom1 maps", but hey, this one is good. And it's made for the original Doom 1993 version.

No problem if you have no Doom 2 to propose , you can still propose good UD maps.

Thanks for your propositions.

54 minutes ago, Roofi said:

No problem if you have no Doom 2 to propose , you can still propose good UD maps.

Thanks for your propositions.

I own both Doom and Doom 2 on Steam, it's just because Base Ganymede is my first custom wad I have ever played, so that map immediately comes to my mind when I saw your thread.

Map 5 of Japanese Community Project is very chaingun focused.  Believe the map name is Woodaxiel but I'm guessing from memory without looking it up.  Seem to recall a shotgun and rocket launcher become available but the masses of low HP enemies along with the map's particular ammo placement encourage blazing through with the chaingun.