Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deleted User

D4RKP1G Stuff (Sprites, Edits, Etc...)

This post here is for my stuff apart from FreeDoom Skulltag Pack™, pretty much just stuff for normal freedoom

I've made a new shotgun using a nerf gun and edit it, does it look good?, or do I change something?

image.png

Ps: this looks like dogshit...

Edited by D4RKP1G

The current shotgun that exists in actual version is good enough already. 

You'd better take better images for edit next time. imho

1 hour ago, Wereknight said:

The current shotgun that exists in actual version is good enough

i disagree, the current shotgun looks more like a machine gun than a shotgun, and isn't sci-if enough 

1 hour ago, D4RKP1G said:

i disagree, the current shotgun looks more like a machine gun than a shotgun, and isn't sci-if enough 

the shotgun you made looks like a grenade launcher

@D4RKP1G I don't think the shotgun is up to snuff, unfortunately. However, your machine gun guy looks pretty good, definitely an improvement on the original. I think you should submit that.

3 hours ago, Doctor Nick said:

@D4RKP1G I don't think the shotgun is up to snuff, unfortunately. However, your machine gun guy looks pretty good, definitely an improvement on the original. I think you should submit that.

Thx for the support, do you know where could I submit it? (appart from doomworld) maybe where Raymoohawk or fraggle could see it? Or any other freedoom staff??

And here is another attempt of the shotgun using a automatic shotgun I found on my weapon folder

image.png

Edited by D4RKP1G

4 hours ago, D4RKP1G said:

And here is another attempt of the shotgun using a automatic shotgun I found on my weapon folder

image.png

This looks great. Would like to see it in game.

Also: Submitting is quickest via pull request on github. Raymoohawk IIRC is active on the GZdoom forums.

55 minutes ago, luckypunk said:

This looks great. Would like to see it in game.

Also: Submitting is quickest via pull request on github. Raymoohawk IIRC is active on the GZdoom forums.

Thx, can you please tell me where could I submit via github?

Just now, D4RKP1G said:

Thx, can you please tell me where could I submit via github?

Take a look at my instructions here:

8 minutes ago, Doctor Nick said:

Take a look at my instructions here:

ok thx, ;)

EDIT:

just read them, and can those apply for iPad's?? that is for computer... if I could, please tell

Well, you'll have to upload the individual files for the sprites. I can't use the spritesheet you've uploaded.

...How are you able to play doom on an iPad?

8 minutes ago, Doctor Nick said:

Well, you'll have to upload the individual files for the sprites. I can't use the spritesheet you've uploaded.

...How are you able to play doom on an iPad?

1. fine, plus I'll add the pickup Sprite I forgot to add :/

2. Gameception~

I was talking about the chaingunner guy sprite that you did?
image.png

The shotgun does look good, but I'm not sure from what it was based on. It looks similar to the shotgun in Brutal Doom, and if that's the case, it can't be used.

Please remember that submissions to freedoom need to either be 100% original, or derived from other BSD-licensed media (like your chaingunner guy, which is based on the already existing chaingunner guy)

using a automatic shotgun I found on my weapon folder

The shotgun looks great, but what's exactly the origin of the sprite?

The sprites submitted to Freedoom need to be licensed under BSD so if this is an edit of another sprite we need to make sure the other sprite has a license that's also BSD or BSD-compatible.

EDIT: ow.. Sorry I hadn't refreshed the page for an hour and I didn't see the last message from Doctor Nick. He said the same thing.

10 hours ago, D4RKP1G said:

Have you asked Eriance (Amuscaria) from ZDoom forum for using it?

If the page only says "Free-to-use" chances are the author of the compilation doesn't understand how things work or the sprite author meant "Free-to-use as long as it's a doom project and no one profits from it".

10 minutes ago, YukiHerz said:

If the page only says "Free-to-use" chances are the author of the compilation doesn't understand how things work or the sprite author meant "Free-to-use as long as it's a doom project and no one profits from it".

Shiiaaaaaaagh!...

freak, then I'll tweak it a ton more so it looks way different, perhaps using a cardboard roll or something

7 hours ago, YukiHerz said:

Tweaking it isn't enough to change its license, either make a completely new graphic or bust.

Fine, i made this completely different and new shotgun using:

- a Lever-Action Shotgun 

- parts of a Assault Rifle

- and a Lazer Gun

- oh, and also the hand from the Shotgun I made

image.png

There is very obvious signs of frankenspriting here. The quality and style of different parts of the sprite are wildly variant. It also feels like the end of the weapon is pointing at a slightly different angle to the rest of the weapon in some frames:

U7GTelz.png

The glow looks like it was slapped on using a glow filter with no care to represent how the light would actually look on the surface of the gun.

The muzzle flash is insanely small compared to those used in most doom weapons and would make this feel like it should be shooting confetti instead of a spray of buckshot.

When you compare these sprites to your first attempt they are a lot better, but based on that I feel like very little of this sprite was actually drawn by you, and instead uses other people's art:

1 hour ago, D4RKP1G said:

- a Lever-Action Shotgun 

- parts of a Assault Rifle

- and a Lazer Gun

So what lever-action shotgun, assault rifle and laser gun sprites did you rip from? These people should be credited for their hard work rather than left in obscurity - they should also be contacted to obtain consent for their sprite usage in a project like FreeDoom, which is why it's better that everything is hand made specifically for FreeDoom.

59 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

These people should be credited for their hard work rather than left in obscurity - they should also be contacted to obtain consent for their sprite usage in a project like FreeDoom, which is why it's better that everything is hand made specifically for FreeDoom.

Now I start thinking should I credid Capstone TekWar game designers or not.

U8Y4hon.png

Not that I care honestly, it doesn't even seem to be same things, like, at all. BUT... what if... ?

Especially knowing personas of some public underground asylum know what I'm doing...