Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Y2theJ

Black and White.

Something I just thought about.
When you pick up the invulnerability sphere everything appears black & white.
Do you think they did that coz you are like God and therefore everything appears black & white?
Or they just happened to make the game that way coz they did?
:P

So it would be harder to aim at and kill enemies, so it's not as easy to take advantage of your invulnerability.

It's not just black and white, but it's a negative image (except the sky) as well. I guess it's supposed to be a strange hallucinogenic side effect of a magical artifact with immense power.

On the same topic: If the Demons eyes are gold, but they are mortal, then why are you immortal when you have the gold eyes?

Did you guys actually find it harder to see though? For me personally I usually found it easier, especially in darker sectors. But then I always set the gamma to no higher than 2, or off depending on how old the version was. And I also like to have a duller monitor setting than the standard. But in lighter sectors I can see what you mean. :)
thanx for your replies.

I usually do. The black and white makes it harder to differentiate monsters from flats/walls (if they're significantly detailed, anyways), and the inversion just makes everything all confusing. The one good thing is that it acts as a light amp too.

I agree with Ichor, I've always considered that effect of the invulnerability to be some sort of hallucination thing. Also, for gameplay reasons, it gives you a very clear indicator of when you're invulnerable and when you aren't, so you wouldn't go trying to catch a rocket when you rinvulnerability wore off 2 seconds ago.

And while we're talking about the spheres, did you ever notice that the face on the megasphere is exactly like the face of the mancubus? I wonder why that is.

Do you think they did that coz you are like God and therefore everything appears black & white?

Heh, that is one of the dumbest ideas ever.

Does God have yellow eyes?

Only if He has to pee really bad, I guess :P

Well, if your Invulnerable to everything except telefraggin' than you gotta have something degraded, so they take the most valuable one, your vision.

Coz id though, "Hey, Wouldn't it be cool if we use this nifty prattle thing as an effect when you get the invulnerable spear?" And behold, it was so.

Maybe it's some layer that goes over his body, but is only really visible in his eyes. Yhey say the eyes are the windows to the soul...i guess that could have something to do with it.

Heh, it might actually be possible to create glasses that simulate the (visual) invulnerability effect.

I think they did it because it just looks cool.
Plus they needed an effect like that otherwise you wouldn't notice that the sphere is working.