Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
polyhistor

Stronghold WAD error loading GZDoom - need help (screenshots attached)

I recently downloaded the Stronghold WAD but it isn't loading correctly using GZDoom. There are several errors when booting up through GZDoom as it scrolls down the list. The animation of the monsters during game play does not load correctly. I have attached screenshots of the issues. Any help would be immensely appreciated. 

Screenshot_Doom_20190424_194018.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20190424_194107.jpg

Loading.jpg

What's wrong with the monsters?

You do not mean that holographic look, do you? That's entirely intentional because the monsters in that map are supposed to be virtual projections.

The warnings and errors are harmless, they just point out things that are wrong but won't break the game.

Something weird is happening with your sky on the other hand. Maybe you have a wrong setting for this to happen? I haven't played Stronghold in years heh.

3 hours ago, Kira said:

Something weird is happening with your sky on the other hand. Maybe you have a wrong setting for this to happen? I haven't played Stronghold in years heh.

Stronghold was designed and tested only for hardware-accelerated; the sky looks like this in software. It looks even worse in softpoly. But it still looks fine in OpenGL.

4 minutes ago, Gez said:

Stronghold was designed and tested only for hardware-accelerated; the sky looks like this in software. It looks even worse in softpoly. But it still looks fine in OpenGL.

Oh yeah I guess these were actual skyboxes in Stronghold? Not a surprise if the game is running in software indeed.