Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
incel

Who came up with the Daisy ending?

Wait, holy shit... those are skyscrapers, haha!

All this time I thought that was a mountain or something, but it was the city. I even see the street now. Damn I feel stupid.

9 hours ago, crazyflyingdonut said:

What if it's the same stick that Romero's head was put on in Doom 2?

Yikes. They tried using Daisy's head as a vehicle for demonic invasion. It was so weak, only a couple of Martian rocks were conquered. Then they put Doom creator's severed head in its place. BAM, Earth gets ravaged. 

Side note, a post Doom 2 Earth story would be interesting. I guess it's shown in Rage.

Or on another note, how about a level where you need to find and destroy animal heads put on sticks in order to stop demonic spawners? 

They may have originally wanted it to be the head of Doomguy's faithful DOG, but then realized that would be too controversial.  

I do interpret that ending of the third episode i a way, that the doomguy/player/you/me, killed that bunny himself, because of all that killing in the events of the game, killing was the only reaction to absolutely anything, that encounters him. Doomguy made the soldiers motto: "If it moves, kill it!", into one of his most importing instincts, because that was necessary, to stay alive.

Well, i never played coop, only single player.

Maybe my interpretation is true and the words that came with episode four and sued somebody else than doomguy have been later added in order to make doomguy not appear weird, but maybe my way to look at it is completely wrong.

Greetings

Funduke

The buildings in the ending crawl use curvilinear perspective, likely to convey their massive height while still fitting into frame. It also gives the city a sort of off-kilter vibe in my opinion, like that vertigo-esque feeling you get when you look directly upwards at a tall structure.

1 hour ago, Maximum Matt said:

They may have originally wanted it to be the head of Doomguy's faithful DOG, but then realized that would be too controversial.  

Doomguy had a dog?!

I agree about the buildings never registering as buildings initially. Also fat Doomguy rubs me the wrong way, it doesn’t look like how he looks elsewhere.

I think part of the city thing is that it kind of looks like a fortress the way it just rises up out of the prairie but now I kind of realize that’s how Texas cities are (Id was based in Texas). I’m from northeast so I associate cities with rivers or coasts. Obviously Texas cities in real life have organic suburban outgrowth, not just prairie and then skyscraper, but it’s still conceptually more reasonable.

13 hours ago, incel said:

Doomguy had a dog?!

I'll bet initially he would have (fits in with the character better), but then the idea of killing it and impaling its head on a spike would've been tooo nasty a way to end the game, so they changed it to something more WTF to go with the shock value.  

Remember, you can depict all sorts of explicit violence in movies and games, just as long as it ain't against a cute little doggy. Apparently the movie Starship Troopers (which is all about giant aliens tearing space marines in half) got the most complaints from a quick shot of a dead dog

On 4/25/2019 at 7:37 AM, incel said:

latest?cb=20090214185901

Whose idea it was to kill a sweet innocent bunny? What do you think?

9189283.jpg

I thought they were just modern/futuristic buildings that were built like that. Though the windowlessness is kind of weird. Maybe the reflective building is see through from the inside. Or do the other buildings just have windows on the sides that are not visible to the viewer, so they only get to see the city from the buildings, not the nicer green nature stuff around.

On 4/25/2019 at 3:39 PM, crazyflyingdonut said:

Personally, I don't believe the buildings or scenery in that particular image were drawn very well at all. There's something about the way some of the taller buildings look. If people actually lived in that city at one point before the demons invaded it, I feel sorry because everyday they had to see that the skyscrapers look so damn ugly.

Plot twist: The demons are actually here to create a more pleasant living environment.

Probably the same person who did the same thing in icon of sin.

When I first saw this... I didn't think nothing of it.

Just another DOOM thing in a ID software game.