Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unerxai

UNX03: Headquarters (Single vanilla level)

A6459T4l.png

This level continues from when UNX02: Underground ends. Please help me improve it or find bugs or whatever. I've only tested it on ChocoDoom but it should work with every common source port I hope.

Game: Doom II

Level replaced: map03

Format: Vanilla

Difficulty settings: Yes

Only stock resources used.

Tip: Once you make it past the hell knights/barons part, try looking at the automap, you might discover something interesting. :)

Story

You finally arrive to a familiar place, only to find the gibs of the secretary you had a crush on. Dark thoughts plague your mind (could it be demonic influence?):

"She always ignored me anyways. Fuck it, she deserved it."

But you quickly remember you have a task at hand... "Man, what the hell is wrong with me? No time for bullshit. It's time to kill!"

Screenshots

Spoiler

A6459T4l.png

b9jUC19l.png

k4Usd43l.png

4wULEP3l.png

DK9jMk2l.png

7gjlU4il.png

b2ddKZvl.png

DLu9D9xl.png

Download link

Playtrough video

Spoiler

Edited by UNERXAi : Added stuff

Nice map!, some hard but is funny

have some problems, like a archvile without cover or mid tier enemies with only a ssg, or the health is scarse in the beginning

the desing is basic, but not bad, so i dont find problems in this

nice job!

Just now, Gaia74 said:

have some problems, like a archvile without cover or mid tier enemies with only a ssg, or the health is scarse in the beginning

nice job!

I agree with the unknown man.

Just played through the map. I really like the improvements over the other 2. I also like how hit scan enemies are now your CQC threats while revs and manks take up the long distance battles. The last leg of the map, felt cheap, but I got through it. Also, the arch trap did too. But I feel that adds to the old world charm of the wad's design. I do think a 25% drop would of been nice in the baron den, but that just might be me needing to "git gud". Overall, I liked it. As I said in the link description "Short, Sweet and to the point". I can't wait for UNX04. (Video was processing at the time of posting. So it may not play). 

2 hours ago, Gaia74 said:

nice job!

There is cover from the Archvile, you use the switch. In fact, you can have a pillar exactly 1 pixel in width stuff an Archvile spell. The bloody bastard needs a direct line of sight. 

@Gaia74 @DUBIDKFA

Thank you for playing and the feedback guys. :)

@Odorousbag87

Wow, many thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. That video and your comentary is very helpful to make some small adjustments. Something mystifies me about your video though... E1 sky?

Edited by UNERXAi : Grammar

Btw, once you make it past the hell knights/barons part, try looking at the automap, you might discover something interesting. :)

15 hours ago, Suitepee said:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/418174840

Played this FOURTH during the playtest livestream.

After having played this and the previous UNX entry, I have to ask; are you planning to release these maps as part of a bigger episode/wad?

Yeah that's my plan. I don't know yet if I'm gonna keep releasing some of the maps individualy or if I'm gonna wait till it's all done, but I'm definitely not gonna release them all individualy. That'd be insane lol. I'm open to opinions about this subject though.

Btw, that was fun to watch. The comments about the blue water and the "algae" were amusing. Haha! I think I'm gonna start calling it nuclear algae. Also, the automap "easter egg" was supposed to be for fun and not to be offensive/rude in any way. Just in case. Anyway, thanks for playing.

I changed a couple of textures so a couple of lifts look more clearly like lifts. File updated. Also added a playthrough video to the OP.