Find results in...
Cadman

Age of people playing Doom these days!

VolteFace said:

I'm 98 in dog years.

Wouldn't that be only 14?

I'm 31, by the way.

Bill Arnett said:

And Phobos is doomed:[/B] because its orbit is below synchronous altitude tidal forces are lowering its orbit (current rate: about 1.8 meters per century). In about 50 million years it will either crash onto the surface of Mars or (more likely) break up into a ring. (This is the opposite effect to that operating to raise the orbit of the Moon.)

From http://www.nineplanets.org/deimos.html

heh...

At the end of episode 2 Deimos (now we know how to spell it) does look kind of like a chunk of rock, although the id guys exercised some freedom in drawing the shape, of course.

22 and a half.

It seems likely that Phobos and Deimos formed elsewhere and were subsequently captured by Mars

So that's why Phobos and Deimos are hellish places full of hellspawn - they probably originated from Hell, and were later captured by Mars.....

And Phobos is doomed

I wonder if that's why id called it DooM....

Phobos and Deimos may someday be useful as space stations

hmm.....

Finally, it says Phobos means 'fear' and Deimos means 'panic'. Now I wonder what happens when you play DooM....

Sixteen years of age, and I've been in contact with FPS's since Dad bought Wolf3d at a computer expo when I was a pup (I have the emotion scars to prove it - Damn Big Bad Blue Guy scared the shit out of me...)

i'm 18 and i've been playing doom for a while. it's an amazing time, especially when really good megawads and wads come out. it's almost like a brand new game each time. that's what's kept me to it, and i think a lot of other people too.

Well, my mom (!) likes it when I build a PWAD for her with fewer monsters in it and more to 'puzzle'. Maybe not your average doom player, but a doom player none the less! She's close to 55. :-P

I'm 54. Oldest doomer I know is Rich "Pappy" Sham, he's in his mid-60s and in the past earned some of the doom "Honorific" titles...I never knew about them until he mentioned it. Players would submit demos of them playing certain designated wads, and would start the demo with certain signature moves known only to them and to the contest organizer.

scorpion said:

Well, my mom (!) likes it when I build a PWAD for her with fewer monsters in it and more to 'puzzle'. Maybe not your average doom player, but a doom player none the less! She's close to 55. :-P

Hey! When's your mom's birthday..mine is Feb 25. Want to bring your mom to my Doom LAN party this coming Saturday? So. Calif.
:p

Biffy said:

I'm 54. Oldest doomer I know is Rich "Pappy" Sham, he's in his mid-60s and in the past earned some of the doom "Honorific" titles...I never knew about them until he mentioned it. Players would submit demos of them playing certain designated wads, and would start the demo with certain signature moves known only to them and to the contest organizer.

Yep Rich is a great player and an excellent mapper too. I believe he managed no less than 18! DHT titles, impressive to say the least...at any age!

Biffy said:

Hey! When's your mom's birthday..mine is Feb 25. Want to bring your mom to my Doom LAN party this coming Saturday? So. Calif.
:p

Her birthday is November 11th and I don't think I'll get her to come to your LANparty, since A: she and I live in Holland and B: she is definately NO multiplayer!

...but I'll mention it to her ;-)

Another friggin age thread? I doubt anyone would notice if anyone else used a random number generator. End of rant.

Wow, is Fodders really 51?
I'm 34.
I was impressed with Mike Toliver, who is a bit older than me, but Rich Sham's good demo work give no clues as to his age -- certainly the oldest player I know.
Cadman: I get the impression most of TeamTNT is in their late 30's or 40's.
Gosson and Halderman have to be at least as old as me...
lastly, man, some of you guys are young! heh

Opulent said:

...lastly, man, some of you guys are young! heh

You expected something different? :)

Opulent said:

lastly, man, some of you guys are young! heh

Thats a bad thing? ....The short people community frowns upon u if so.

Besides Im 13 and I'm proud of it!.....And not even U can take that away from me.........for under 20 bucks :D