Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom64Marine

Shadows of the Empire (GZDoom, DM Maps)

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...I started up a project that involved converting some of the Dark Forces maps over to GZDoom. This must have been nearly nine years in the past, and I haven't visited the forums since. Many things changed in my life, to make a long story short, I had to drop all of my projects and focus on reality. This meant all of my old hard drives, computers, anything I had that contained those maps and resources is gone. 

I remember playing around with some ideas about making my own versions of SOTE maps as well. Gall spaceport was one that I had been particularly excited about, and recently that got me craving some map making again. I have many ideas but I figured I would start off with something easier than the long, treacherous cliffs of Gall. There are plenty of tweaks, geometry fixes and resources that I have to fix in order to make things work...But here are some screen shots of a single map I'll be making called 'Return to Echo Base'. I was surprised to find many of the same textures from Dark Forces are already in the N64 Classic. 

Obviously there are some things I'd love to get some help with. I started off this project thinking it would be pretty amazing to have a modified Echo Base as a death match level, with the DF guns and items, but now I'm considering making it something more. Let me know your thoughts and opinions on this!

Untitled.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190428_171252.png

Untitled2.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190428_172105.png

Untitled4.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190428_172803.png

Edited by Doom64Marine

15 hours ago, Doom64Marine said:

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...I started up a project that involved converting some of the Dark Forces maps over to GZDoom. This must have been nearly nine years in the past, and I haven't visited the forums since. Many things changed in my life, to make a long story short, I had to drop all of my projects and focus on reality. This meant all of my old hard drives, computers, anything I had that contained those maps and resources is gone. 

I remember playing around with some ideas about making my own versions of SOTE maps as well. Gall spaceport was one that I had been particularly excited about, and recently that got me craving some map making again. I have many ideas but I figured I would start off with something easier than the long, treacherous cliffs of Gall. There are plenty of tweaks, geometry fixes and resources that I have to fix in order to make things work...But here are some screen shots of a single map I'll be making called 'Return to Echo Base'. I was surprised to find many of the same textures from Dark Forces are already in the N64 Classic. 

Obviously there are some things I'd love to get some help with. I started off this project thinking it would be pretty amazing to have a modified Echo Base as a death match level, with the DF guns and items, but now I'm considering making it something more. Let me know your thoughts and opinions on this!

Untitled.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190428_171252.png

Untitled2.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190428_172105.png

Untitled4.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190428_172803.png

WOAH! exactly how far away is that galaxy this happened in & is it possible for any Earthlings to make it there within a 50 year span? You aliens make some pretty awesome lookin stuff or should I say "out of this world!"

Made a few changes and additions, playing around with the HUD and weapons. Worked on some new areas, matched all the textures as closely as I could. Started importing and experimenting with 3D models, just to have them. I tracked down a model of the Outrider and Falcon, which will be added at some point as well. :)

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_7.png

Screenshot_8.png

Screenshot_9.png

Screenshot_10.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_11.png

Screenshot_12.png