Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AJOgames

GZDoomBuilder Bugfix R3058 Rseource Issues

Question

For some reason, GZDoom Builder occasionally has issues handling resources, and I'm taking about the resource files you see when you open up Map options, for some reason, when I opened up GZDoom Builder, the resource files weren't being read, and all the custom monsters, Items, weapons and textures were all missing in the main editor window, the resource files themselves were still in the map options menu, so the resource files themselves weren't being read, and displayed on the map in the main window,

Capture.PNG.67049e44c7dff638ba9cdf5c19c19fd1.PNG

You can see here that the resource files listed are all greyed-out, they would normally be black,

(strangely though, you can still open up there decorate files)

I know that GZDoom builder has always been notoriously picky about resources and how they're loaded, but this can be pretty annoying, especially when everthing seems fine until you start inserting more resources and reload the map, only to see every custom content turn into question marks, (with the exception of custom textures, which are still shown regardless,)

Is there any way to fix this?

Also am I the only one annoyed with the fact that sometimes when all the custom monsters/items/weapons are displayed on maps as question marks, but when you actually load the map in GZDoom, the content is loaded in just fine?

2 answers to this question

It looks like as if you loaded just about every actor pwad from REALM667.

What happens when you load only a few of them and gradually add more?

On 5/3/2019 at 9:30 AM, Kappes Buur said:

It looks like as if you loaded just about every actor pwad from REALM667.

What happens when you load only a few of them and gradually add more?

I should have posted this earlier, but what happened here was I unintentionally set the resources as "read-only," in the Map Options menu, deselecting this option fixed the issue.