Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quasar

Heretic Progress

There's a new shot of some of my work over last week on the Eternity page. Heretic mapthings are starting to go in slowly but surely. Mostly just some decorative items are in, but I've also added those cool teleport glitter spawners, and since, remember, I'm writing my own code and not using Heretic's, I made the the SpawnGlitter codepointer parameterized. You can provide the thing type to use as glitter and the amount of upward momentum it should be given at spawn. As a test of concept, I made a health potion fountain BEX patch. Pretty silly and slows the game down eventually, but it was fun. 'Twould be best to use with items which are removed when they hit the roof or another surface, especially projectiles with the LOGRAV flag ;)

I've also been busy adding some more of the new Heretic mapthing flags. So far I've added the FOOTCLIP flag, which lets things wade 10 pixels deep in liquid flats. This feature is tied to TerrainTypes and is switched on and off along with them (for now at least).

I started work on the SPAWNFLOAT flag, which makes things spawn at a random z between 40 units off the floor and the ceiling z minus their height, but since I cannot use Heretic's code to do it, I've been trying to come up with my own formula to achieve a similar effect. I had something going last night but realized after yacking on about it on IRC that it wasn't going to work and so I stripped it out :P

k, sound fine... :)
i replyed :P
(not all this hard code taking :P)

Quasar said:

So far I've added the FOOTCLIP flag, which lets things wade 10 pixels deep in liquid flats. This feature is tied to TerrainTypes and is switched on and off along with them (for now at least

Sounds cool. In Zdoom the footclip value is adjustable for each one of the terrains you set up, so it doesn't always have to be 10 pixels. Will you be doing that too?

Enjay said:

Sounds cool. In Zdoom the footclip value is adjustable for each one of the terrains you set up, so it doesn't always have to be 10 pixels. Will you be doing that too?

Not right now, at least. Unfortunately I used a format for the TERTYPES lump that is not easily expanded. I could change that format now since apparently its never been used externally, but I'm reluctant to do so even then.