Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crazyflyingdonut

Sonic Movie.

Dr. Robotnik at least looks okay in the trailer but where is he on this scene? Looks like a place with a ton of mushrooms growing everywhere.

sth01-02-49-18r-1500x844.jpg

The thing that bothers me the most is how awful that made Sonic look in the movie.

Otherwise, don't really give a damn about it. Jim Carrey is good as always though.

12 hours ago, crazyflyingdonut said:

I like the fact that Sonic has blue arms is because I know that Sonic having blue arms pisses off Chris-chan. When Chris-chan gets angry, it makes me feel good.

Dude, you are like a couple of internet trolls away from Chris.

Thoughts on the movie: its not a sony movie, so i probs can expect something average.

also mk movie was fucking sick im fourthing(?) that

Since PIXELS, video game movies have started to change my mind. They're actually starting to get good now. If this came out in the 90's when sonic did it would have sucked like the first Mario movie and of course doom in 2005 when doom 3 came out. I think they changed the way he looked to make it more realistic but I could be wrong. I'm sure there's a reason behind it otherwise something that drastically changed wouldn't exist.

Did someone say a super Mario movie in 2020?!?!?!? SHIT YEAH!

My girlfriend and I spent the afternoon making fun of this obvious train wreck. This is going to suck.

13 hours ago, crazyflyingdonut said:

The only thing I like about the movie is that Sonic has blue arms, and the reason why I like the fact that Sonic has blue arms is because I know that Sonic having blue arms pisses off Chris-chan. When Chris-chan gets angry, it makes me feel good.

Yeah, angry Chris-chan amuses me greatly.

13 hours ago, crazyflyingdonut said:

SEGA has made so many mistakes with their character, but this could possibly be the BIGGEST. ONE. YET.

Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) still exists.

b27.png

This is Vinesauce's redesign of Sonic the Hedgehog.

Expectations vs Reality designs and reactions.

In regards to Vinesauce's suggestion the original design of Sonic doesn't work well at all with the more realistic look.

Edited by Avoozl

I guess Super Mario Bros. 1993 live-action movie was a disaster that Nintendo wanted to forget about.

10 hours ago, BrassKnight said:

Dr. Robotnik at least looks okay in the trailer but where is he on this scene? Looks like a place with a ton of mushrooms growing everywhere.

sth01-02-49-18r-1500x844.jpg

it's the mushroom kingdom

He's so thin and slim just like Doctor Eggman from Sonic '06. I guess Shigeru Miyamoto and Yuji Naka were disappointed about live-action movies of Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog. Who is doctor Ivo Robotnik's sidekick I mean assistant is it Snively Robotnik from Sonic Saturday At Morning and old Archie Sonic Comic books cannon early 90's pre-IDW Sonic Comic books new cannon?

Edited by luke11685

1 hour ago, tempdecal.wad said:

Detective Pikachu looks fine, I'm sure they could have done better than this.

This.

Not into Pokemon either but seriously, Pikachu looked amazing in the trailers.

Poor Sonic. It seems like the franchise has become the New York Knicks of video games recently, and not in a good way.

This movie probably won't do anywhere near as well as Detective Pikachu.

In regards to Sonic's appearance, I think what puts a lot of people off are the eyes. They give a different look altogether for the character here. The eyes were a stylistic design choice by the original creators, and when you deviate from that, it kills the original look of the character.

Thing is, the classic conjoined eyes look of the character REALLY wouldn't translate well into a photorealistic cinema model. Seriously, try having full anatomical details on your model, like eyelids, lashes, etc. and see how well that works on a model that has some freaky football eyeball with two eyes set on it, all encased in a single giant eyesocket.

A 1:1 translation of the original character to photorealistic cinema would give the kids nightmares.

11 minutes ago, Caffeine Freak said:

In regards to Sonic's appearance, I think what puts a lot of people off are the eyes. They give a different look altogether for the character here. The eyes were a stylistic design choice by the original creators, and when you deviate from that, it kills the original look of the character.

Thing is, the classic conjoined eyes look of the character REALLY wouldn't translate well into a photorealistic cinema model. Seriously, try having full anatomical details on your model, like eyelids, lashes, etc. and see how well that works on a model that has some freaky football eyeball with two eyes set on it, all encased in a single giant eyesocket.

A 1:1 translation of the original character to photorealistic cinema would give the kids nightmares.

The eyes especially, but not just them. The mouth is weird as well but I can't exactly put my finger on what is wrong there.

Also, no white gloves, his hands are white instead.

A videogame/cartoon character can work in a movie. Think about it, Mickey Mouse has a good and characteristic design, if you were to put it in a movie, would you turn it into a human rat? With human proportions and teeth? No! The design has to be respected, Disney would make sure of that. If you were to do a Mickey Movie, you should do a Mickey, the cartoon character, movie.

If you MUST do a "person from the real world meets fantastic character" kind of movie, you do what Who Framed Roger Rabbit did, exactly that, real world meeting the fantastic character as expected: a fantasy character with a fantastic look, be it 2D or cgi enhanced. If that's too "unreal", you can apply some realer textures to better blend it with the actors, like in Detective Pikachu or Christopher Robin, but keeping the design guidelines.

There is no need or reason to change the design of the characters, specially if when the movies are announced, the public is already expecting the widely known shape. Also, the "Wooah, real people meeting a cartoon?" scenario is unnecessary too, most VG franchises have their own characters, plot and world, but of course, you can't put Coca Cola or Nike ads in a movie like that...

Edited by DANZA

2 hours ago, HavoX said:

Poor Sonic. It seems like the franchise has become the New York Knicks of video games recently, and not in a good way.

I'm now picturing Hajime Satomi strumming on a guitar to an uninterested crowd and throwing out people with giant signs that read "SELL SONIC TO NINTENDO". 

On 4/30/2019 at 12:53 PM, seed said:

So, why so angry?

It's kinda "his thing".

New information: Sonic's render in the movie was done by the same guys who did this:

They fucking degraded in just 11 years.

I guess Thomas the Tank Engine and Inspector Gadget ended up also as failure. Alvin and the Chipmunks live-action movies were way better than Sonic the Hedgehog. Shame Odie was looking so realistic in Garfield two live-action movies.

3 hours ago, Cacodemon345 said:

New information: Sonic's render in the movie was done by the same guys who did this:

They fucking degraded in just 11 years.

"You either die a hero or live to become the villain"