Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mewse

Nananananananana DOOMSDAY!

There's a new version of the Doomsday engine available over at Doomsday HQ, here are the details of this release:

This is a maintenance release.
You might like to try the -nopsf option in case you prefer that Doomsday's choice of primary sound buffer format doesn't override that of FMOD and other audio applications (when using DirectSound).
The model loader will automatically check for the existence of DMD models. If a DMD version of an MD2 model exists, the DMD version is loaded instead. I've added a batch file to the jHeretic model pack that converts most of the monsters to DMD.
The memory zone is no longer used in texture processing. This should be helpful with the large high-resolution texture packs since you don't have to have a huge 90 MB zone any more.
Some hope for those suffering from infinitely repeating sounds: now the sound code doesn't rely on buffer cursor positions when detecting when a sound has finished playing.
Bug fixes: clients didn't play sounds without an origin (e.g. item pickup), -noeax caused a crash at startup, game window is hidden in dedicated mode and a few minor fixes.There are also some bugfixes for jDoom and jHexen, and updates to the jHexen and jHeretic model packs. Go look!!

Use kicks.exe to start it and it will work everytime. If you have XP installed, and you haven't updated your video card drivers, you'll only have D3D support. Update the video card drivers for OpenGL support.

mewse said:
introducing a new feature here at doomworld: secret news messages!! they can be discovered by tampering with the "top story" script!!

Didn't I express my opinion on retarded shit on our main page sufficiently enough already?

Hah. Drama! Online terrorism and reactionary retaliation!

At least the kitten is cute, no?

Mordeth said:

Didn't I express my opinion on retarded shit on our main page sufficiently enough already?

It's not on the main page

Mordeth said:

Mordeth strikes again!