Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Catpho

Lilywhite Lilith (a limit removing project from Doomer Boards)

Here's the full music list!

Title: Harlequin | Genesis | VJ Miele

Intermission: Story | Arc The Lad II | Matze
Text: Safe Room | Resident Evil | James Flynn

MAP01: Amusement Park | Nier Automata | seq. by SusiKette

MAP02: Rusty Ruin Act 1 | Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn) | King Meteor

MAP03: Time's Scar | Chrono Cross | Jaroban

MAP04: The Battle of Epping Forest | Genesis | seq. by Giorgio Gabriel & Jim Kleban

MAP05: Easy Lover | Phil Collins | seq. by unknown

MAP06: Oceans | Pearl Jam | seq. by unknown

MAP07: Secret of the Forest | Chrono Trigger

MAP08: The Musical Box | Genesis | seq. by Simon Goodwin

MAP09: Los Endos | Genesis | seq. by Andy Hyam & S. Goodwin

MAP10: Never Forget | Halo | Jason S.

Edited by Big Ol Billy

It's just the project development section of the boards. There's been some discussion about the lockdown. I think the idea is to keep DBP development out of the public view until the monthly project release so that each one is a little more of a surprise. You'll have to take it up with 40oz though :P

aren't the people on these boards kinda less then good from what i understand?

like aren't the doomer boards the place where people who were banned for being shitty on here go?

You know not the nature of what you speak of @ETPC but I will whisper to you what I can of the boards. The Doomer Boards is an ancient mythical forum of mystery and legend. I know that it is a place where people who like Doom gather and that it is host to the chaotic nature of The Dark Lords of Doom who reside there. That name bears a significant power and weight that is not to be taken lightly. Even just thinking of that place grows the power of the spirits who roam its atmosphere and the dominion of its interstice between this world and the next. It is unknown of what just experience it takes to be attuned to its gates. 

3 hours ago, ETPC said:

like aren't the doomer boards the place where people who were banned for being shitty on here go?

Yeah, we are terrible people. Looking at Billy's Cyber Hitler avatar, I'd have to assume he's a neo-neo-Nazi or something. As you can see above, cupcake regularly assaults logic like it ain't no thing - truly the mark of somebody evil. I could go on, but I'm so less-than-good that I'd rather leave you in the dark and not enlighten you about the other rotten people who use both forums!

Also, I think blocking the two mapping forums in the boards was a silly idea. I've not bothered logging in yet to let 40 know, so I suppose I don't feel that strongly, but it's definitely an inconvenience to somebody like me who does work on the projects.

12 hours ago, ETPC said:

Doomworld tolerates DBP members who aren't banned here and I don't think we've had any trouble with any of them. But yes, this is true. It's an alt right forum that was created when Doomworld started banning racists and transphobes.

I'm pretty sure people are not allowed to post links directly to the Doomer Boards forum in Doomworld, also -- Catpho was asked to post download links only when they started running DBP release threads here -- so everybody please don't do that.

oh gross. shame, this looks like a cool wad but i don't want anything to do with that

there are literally millions of wads to choose from, i can skip one

10 minutes ago, ETPC said:

there are literally millions of wads to choose from, i can skip one

Pss... Nobody cares. Welcome to real world. If you won't play in some wad than just leave from it's topic.

Here will be no more tips from me, ciao.

54 minutes ago, ETPC said:

oh gross. shame, this looks like a cool wad but i don't want anything to do with that

If this will let you sleep at night you have to know that noone of the undesirable posters ever contributed to a single DBP. And this is reminder also other people here that apparently don't want to understand this and are still hang up on this petty drama.

2 hours ago, Not Jabba said:

But yes, this is true. It's an alt right forum

Not Jabba please, I can concede you this when that site was created but it's froma good while that the racists and transphobes rarely even visit the place (around when the DBPs started I would say), and the forums it's a ghost town where 90% of the activity are the DBPs. I'm all for not revising the history but let's not spread this kind of lies too.

Sad to see a thread for an excellent wad devolve into whiny political speculation/virtue signalling, mods should let the thread remain but just delete the offtopic posts (including this one if they do).

4 hours ago, ETPC said:

Good call. Never know what nazi subliminal messages they've slipped into their WAD. Why, it's been weeks since I played it and my right leg has only just stopped uncontrollably goose-stepping >_>

On 3/26/2020 at 9:48 PM, Big Ol Billy said:

Here's the full music list!

Title: Harlequin | Genesis | VJ Miele

Intermission: Story | Arc The Lad II | Matze
Text: Safe Room | Resident Evil | James Flynn

MAP01: Amusement Park | Nier Automata | seq. by SusiKette

MAP02: Rusty Ruin Act 1 | Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn) | King Meteor

MAP03: Time's Scar | Chrono Cross | Jaroban

MAP04: The Battle of Epping Forest | Genesis | seq. by Giorgio Gabriel & Jim Kleban

MAP05: Easy Lover | Phil Collins | seq. by unknown

MAP06: Oceans | Pearl Jam | seq. by unknown

MAP07: Secret of the Forest | Chrono Trigger

MAP08: The Musical Box | Genesis | seq. by Simon Goodwin

MAP09: Los Endos | Genesis | seq. by Andy Hyam & S. Goodwin

MAP10: Never Forget | Halo | Jason S.

I adore the soundtrack to this WAD!

I'm surprised this thread is still active, I only just started playing it again today and it's cool to see there are fairly recently posted replies here.

Check out the brand-spanking-new DBP22, too, which reuses a number of the groovy natural/classical textures Scrangus first introduced in this set. Glad you're enjoying!

1 hour ago, Big Ol Billy said:

Check out the brand-spanking-new DBP22, too, which reuses a number of the groovy natural/classical textures Scrangus first introduced in this set. Glad you're enjoying!

Will do, looks quality :)

I just went throught this mapset and I really liked it. Really liked the old palace garden feeling in it. Which texture set and sprite did you use?

@Angry Saint I'm afraid @Jaxxoon R (Scrangus McBrickdad - the project lead for this DBP) has forgotten his password, so he's asked us to pass this along instead:

JaOn503.png

Quite a varied resource set, in the end!

Well, I just finished, and now I'm really interested in listening to Genesis. Wonderful work! I feel like it'd work well with Heretic's monsters, but I don't suppose there's a way to do that. I just feel like the doom sprites stand out a little odd with the gorgeous world, but really I can't think of a part of this set I didn't love, though five minutes afloat hurt a lot. Cynthia and Henry was a masterpiece!