Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Szuran

Can I add a second type of the same projectile to exist separately?

Question

I'm looking for a way to have two types of plasma rifle with two types of plasma ammo, so I'd need to have plasma ball 1 and 2 to co-exist as separate types of ammo for separate weapons. I don't want to sacrifice any other projectile to make them, so I don't want to take BFG's projectile spot. I don't need two shotguns, though. So, is it possible to, instead having 2 hitscan weapons, take 1 of them and redo it as a projectile weapon, with its own (new, additional to the game) projectile?

6 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Yes they can, inheritance only re-uses properties of an already existing actor, it doesn't affect it unless you want it to.

So if I understand correctly, "actor X : Y" means that I am creating a new actor X taking the basic traits of actor Y and they both can coexist, while "actor X : Y replaces Y" means the same but now Y doesn't exist and X takes its place?

Posted (edited)

Actor X : Y basically means you're creating a copy of the actor Y under a different name without having to copy-paste things, you only need to change what you want to change, you can then replace actor Y if you want.

But can actors X and Y coexist in the same game? For example

Actor BluePistol : Pistol

and I can place both BluePistol and Pistol on the map and treat it as separate weapons?

Thank you, that's what I've been looking for.