Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfonzo

The DWIronman League dies to: SIGIL

3 minutes ago, Odorousbag87 said:

Wow you had me so freaking excited.....but alas no wad.

Imagine if Ironman had that sort of pulling power! I'd have made for the hills by now.

By the way, I expect us all to die horribly. Everyone. Blind, dumb and pissing our organs out in puddles of our own misery.

Cool!

1 minute ago, Alfonzo said:

Imagine if Ironman had that sort of pulling power! I'd have made for the hills by now.

By the way, I expect us all to die horribly. Everyone. Blind, dumb and pissing our organs out in puddles of our own misery.

Cool!

If I decide to iron man it, I am going to iron man level 3. I just want to enjoy the game the first time through, then I will Iron man it. 

I'll take the odds, Ancalagon!

As a backup plan come the middle of the month, we can all die to Dark Tartarus instead.

13 minutes ago, Ancalagon said:

Is it cat2 if we watched the trailer?

It would be nice to be able to say that everyone's going in blind on an occasion like this. This sort of thing doesn't happen very often. Probably there are parts of the trailer that do offer an advantage (I haven't actually seen it myself, maybe it's not the case?), but I'm tempted to say that a Cat 2 wouldn't be very informative on reflection when the leaderboard is filled out for posterity. Everyone's basically blind, right (unless they choose not to be)?

Also, has Romero done in-depth plays of some of the levels on-stream? That'd definitely be Cat 2 material, and readers would want to know about it.

1 minute ago, Alfonzo said:

I'll take the odds, Ancalagon!

As a backup plan come the middle of the month, we can all die to Dark Tartarus instead.

So we all twiddle our thumbs until the middle of the month? Or through the first week for those who paid for Sigil? And that's all assuming it ships this month.

I like your optimism, but if it were up to me, I would've picked Dark Tartarus for this month and saved Sigil for the month after it was released (to allow for a full month for anyone who wanted to Ironman it).

2 minutes ago, Alfonzo said:

has Romero done in-depth plays of some of the levels on-stream? That'd definitely be Cat 2 material, and readers would want to know about it.

Romero has played through Sigil on Twitch. He even describes where various secrets are and some of the development. Wouldn't those streams be Category 3? 

4 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

So we all twiddle our thumbs until the middle of the month? Or through the first week for those who paid for Sigil? And that's all assuming it ships this month.

I like your optimism, but if it were up to me, I would've picked Dark Tartarus for this month and saved Sigil for the month after it was released (to allow for a full month for anyone who wanted to Ironman it).

Twiddle those thumbs! Twiddle them for England! Have a cold shower, maybe. Run up a tree!

We have a great opportunity to die holding hands, here: each poor sap as blind as the other. How many players would hold out after release until the following month, assuming I make an early announcement for June? Probably a few. Maybe the majority, even! But we can cop a small break in the meantime, build a bit of hype and then guarantee a kumbaya death pact.

I think it's glorious :)

4 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

Wouldn't those streams be Category 3?

Cat 2. 3s only happen if that material is watched after the announcement.

And I thought my hubris was bad.

1 hour ago, Alfonzo said:

But we can cop a small break in the meantime, build a bit of hype and then guarantee a kumbaya death pact.

I think it's glorious :)

Alfonzo steps up as the Jim Jones of Doomworld. ;)

Edited by Steve D

i want play sigil!, looks so good!

but i can only download the wad... because I could not buy the box...............

:c

1 minute ago, SamuelNMEvander said:

What is this thread?

The clue is in the title and the OP, who would have thought it?

2 minutes ago, SamuelNMEvander said:

What is this thread?

This is for an ironman, which is a monthly competition to see who can survive certain wads.

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

The clue is in the title and the OP, who would have thought it?

They may have no clue, *shrug*

1 minute ago, Bob9001 said:

This is for an ironman, which is a monthly competition to see who can survive certain wads.

They may have no clue, *shrug*

I still don't understand what that is supposed to be? Some kind of a tournament or what?

1 minute ago, SamuelNMEvander said:

I still don't understand what that is supposed to be? Some kind of a tournament or what?

It's a monthly competition to see who can survive a wad the longest or who's the best "Ironman". I'm sorry you don't understand.

Yes kinda like a tournment.