Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfonzo

The DWIronman League dies to: SIGIL

TNT2 will probably come out faster than Sigil. Maybe that was Alfonzo's master plan after all.

29 minutes ago, Pooh said:

Guys why aren't you, like, rioting, it's been a week of no sigil and no signs of life by romero on his twitter

There's no shortage of Doom content to play. (also, fishing)

3 hours ago, Alfonzo said:

gonefishing-sign.jpg

I guess that's the official word that we're packing it in for the month. Hopefully we'll be back in June and DWIL isn't held hostage by Sigil (and fishing) for too long.

3 hours ago, Pooh said:

Guys why aren't you, like, rioting, it's been a week of no sigil and no signs of life by romero on his twitter

What good would rioting do? Besides, to paraphrase Suitepee, there's plenty of Doom to play.

Unless you mean why aren't we rioting about Alfonzo's decision to just go fishing instead of hosting the league this month with an alternate selection?

Alfonzo is gone fishing for more Dopefish if rumors are to be believed.

I'm sure Alfonzo is still hoping for a release early enough this month to play. There's still 2/3 of May left.

I think Alfonzo deserves a vacation. Satellite imagery has shown Alfonzo grinning over a swordfish he caught in the South Pacific. Rumor has it that he's now pursuing marlin. Good hunting, Alfonzo!

18 minutes ago, Pooh said:

People paid money for that, tho.

SIGIL, as playable Doom content, is completely free unless you wanted the optional goodies, tho.

besides paying for the sigil package, people who bought it get to play it a tiny bit before the thing releases for everyone? although, I suppose paying customers could just upload it them selves to id archives :p

Edit: To those wondering, Romero just made an update on his website about the delay, apparently the wad has been finished for some time now but The production of goods are taking longer than expected for 'paying' customers, as usual they stated paying customers get first dibs on playing the megawad before everyone else gets it.

Edited by Fiendzy : Romero response stuff

I propose that, if Sigil doesn't release by the 20th, we should play Fava Beans. :P

20 minutes ago, NaZa said:

I propose that, if Sigil doesn't release by the 20th, we should play Fava Beans. :P

Good Idea. Its a single episode and people should be able to finish it quickly.

18 hours ago, NaZa said:

I would support Fava Beans.

Or fishing.

Either way, I'll be happy this month.

Okay im not getting the fishing reference here. is it an actual wad? or... am I over thinking it. 

I might just do Fava beans and post it here. because that way in case if Sigil doesn't come out untill June I'll be free to do what ever until that happens xD

28 minutes ago, Fiendzy said:

Okay im not getting the fishing reference here. is it an actual wad? or... am I over thinking it. 

It just means "nothing to report, still waiting" in this instance.

Ah I see. also fava beans was really... easy? I was skeptical at first (blind run btw) but if I can beat it of all people Im sure anyone can [UV]

15 hours ago, Fiendzy said:

Okay im not getting the fishing reference here.

To elaborate on what Capellan said, Alfonzo, back on May 3rd, wrote, "If Romero coughs up three weeks too late then we can laugh it off and go fishing until June and that's okay. Kick back!"

So that's where all the fishing references came from.

On 5/2/2019 at 8:42 PM, Alfonzo said:

As a backup plan come the middle of the month, we can all die to Dark Tartarus instead.

Quick reminder :)

3 hours ago, Ancalagon said:

Please no. I'd look out the spawn door and instantly combust and die 3 seconds in xD

@AncalagonI prefer to die waiting for Sigil patiently......................................................................................unless that there's official word from the man himself :D

Decided to run Fava Beans in the meantime. Category 2, 19:05, survived +1. Overall a surprisingly easy set and I had a lot of luck on E1M7 I had not recollected much of. E1M6 can be trivially skipped and E1M9 lasts for 8 seconds so you don't lose time at all going for the secret level. Also went for a few optional routes to ensure survival. (see - E1M5's one minute sidetrack)

dwironman_unoff_fava_naza.zip

I see that Fava Beans is getting its part.......guess that I'll kill some time trying it soon.

On 5/17/2019 at 4:39 PM, Ancalagon said:

Quick response ...

On 5/3/2019 at 3:00 AM, Alfonzo said:

I'm not sure I laced enough funny on that Tar Tar sauce: it's a death basket advanced port megawad that would hang everyone out to dry before they even had a chance to get their feet wet (except Anca, who would probably still win even if he phoned it in).

Although, I suppose with CC1 rules in effect, that have helped the rest of us.

Per the thread in General, the latest word from Romero Games is apparently that Sigil boxes will start shipping next week.  So I think I know what you will be ironpersoning next month :)