Find results in...
Obsidian

MAYhem 2019 - WE HAVE A PUBLIC BETA!

I'll also crosspost my map here!

doom12.png.840ef3e87879bf04b7df7daacd4cff5a.png

Name: Their Daily Bread

Midi: "Soul Shaker Immortal" by @Immorpher

Download: may19_their_daily_bread_v3.zip

Difficulty settings lovingly implemented, would dig feedback for any of them.

I tested your map on UV, @Benjogami. Tough as nails, and a ton of fun until the last room.

Before we get there, though, let me say that the map is well crafted, looks great, and has ominous weirdness (like the Archies in the lava alcoves.) I like how busy the beginning is, with so many monsters chasing you down, and having to find safe cover.

My one gripe is the last room, which itself looks fantastic, and sports one of the most tense battles I've encountered in a Doom map. The thing I do not like is that (save for two flamethrower clips which I could not reach), the only ammo available were two boxes of bullets and a ton of shotgun shells. This presents a problem in that the shotgun and super shotgun are the least useful weapons during this time, being far too slow to cut down the onslaught of enemies. I would have had more fun were some of the shells, perhaps two or three, been replaced with flamethrower ammo, to at least have a way to mow down the satyrs and clear up space.

But even with the ammo issue, this is still a fantastic, well-crafted map. Excellent work!

31 minutes ago, obake said:

I tested your map on UV, @Benjogami. Tough as nails, and a ton of fun until the last room. [...]

Thanks for the feedback!

Hmm, I'm guessing since you had the flamethrower but the ammo wasn't lowered in the last room, that you didn't lower the resources on top of the pillars in the room just before the last room? Did you find the rocketlauncher in the caves? The 2 keys let you access those additional resources for the final fight (or for whatever else you might want to use them for). The idea was to have the final fight be seemingly impossible with no keys, very hard with just one of the keys, and reasonably hard with both keys. I'm wondering how I can make that more clear; perhaps I could lower the resources as soon as the player picks up the keys, or add some switches.

Nicely done getting through it on UV without all of the resources. :)

I am working on a map called Murksville. It will be centered around a small town which fell victim to the cult.

Here are some screenshots:

1) Bath house:

image.png.48980755e83f651a0d91348d2ae23907.png

2) The swimming pool:

image.png.1fbed50e751a797f62ab9a2afe0ba411.png

3) One of the dressing rooms of the swimming pool:

image.png.6bb19188e7a4ecdbdd8e72ea92a1a93e.png

image.png

Looking good, DukeofDoom! It's always interesting to see realistic locations and bath houses utilized in Doom.

I will forget this otherwise,

Map Name: Dull Needle

Music MIDI: mindache.mid by psychedelic eyeball

Editors used: DoomBuilder 2 and Slade to add the music to the wad

Build time: ~2 week of flailing widely.

File: https://www.dropbox.com/home/downloadable by everyone/mayhem2019?preview=nh_mayhem19F.wad

e1-updated link.

e2 second update.

Edited by NeedHealth

1 hour ago, DukeOfDoom said:

Alright, here it is!

Name: Murskville

Midi: "Bat Queen" by zan-zan (track available on the Discord channel of this project).

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_OA03QoBM0IWeDjPa0rl68W5dWfL_E0K

Always a fan of town maps. I'd like to see the outdoor areas made more swampy, though. It'd make them more visually interesting and better fit the map name. Right now the outdoors is pretty plain.

Might could do with a rocket box or two in the town as well so I'm not plinking away at cthulhus with lesser guns.

11 hours ago, Impie said:

Always a fan of town maps. I'd like to see the outdoor areas made more swampy, though. It'd make them more visually interesting and better fit the map name. Right now the outdoors is pretty plain.

Might could do with a rocket box or two in the town as well so I'm not plinking away at cthulhus with lesser guns.

I sadly do not have any time to set up the swampy areas, but I did add two rocket boxes in one of the town houses.

The link is same.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_OA03QoBM0IWeDjPa0rl68W5dWfL_E0K

Collab-map from rdwpa and yours truly:
Naraka.zip
Screenies:

Spoiler

mh1.jpg.9a135934a7b51b9acbc4bd07f208013c.jpg

mh2.jpg.3f9e086a6a4903cee2f47c2b9fca1172.jpg

mh3.jpg.c1f9f1690644cf467644eaf4172299ba.jpg

mh4.jpg.df7d32a9b44f9ab28799397e56f37a5f.jpg

mh5.jpg.ef4f4122d477fc0a0634f90f78c0b247.jpg

-Difficulty settings implemented
-MIDI is "windiwar" (sequenced by Zagro)

Edited by Nine Inch Heels

DubzMay19.zip 

Difficulty settings:

Spoiler

UV- Hard.. there is one fight that probably should be nerfed but I have beaten it many times 
HMP - Recommended difficulty.. the fights are actually exactly the same as UV except you get more/better powerups to make the fights easier
HNTR - Fights are easy (less/different monsters etc.)

The final area might end up being a secret fight or something... I kept it in the main map cause I found it fun but ya it doesn't fit as a final fight compared to the one before it.

Midi: Children of Bodom: lake Bodom

Haven't downloaded none of the maps, gonna patiently wait for release, or beta at the very least, but the map is looking beautiful, NineInchHeels and DMPhobos. Is that the same one posted in Neko Loli's thread? Love the textures for this years MayHem.

Here's my deadline submission. Hasn't been properly playtested (outside of a few fights), no difficulties, incomplete texturing, but hey—at least you can get to the finish! Gonna try and wrap it up fully before the end of the week.

Map name is "Madman's Vault"

Midi is "TaraNTulas" by Bucket

Plz don't play this until I'm done with it.

On 6/11/2019 at 11:28 AM, rdwpa said:

It is that map, and I am the coauthor who is responsible for half the design work / encounters. 

Awesome job on it so far, can't wait to see the finished product:)

30 minutes ago, Beezle said:

Awesome job on it so far, can't wait to see the finished product:)

Unless we receive any sort of feedback that suggests something is broken, or we get so bored that we actually end up engaging in self flagellation and add more detailing, the map is done.

Okay, finally got some time to properly balance monsters and items, and tune in the encounters, difficulty should be moderate nothing too hard, but it shouldn't be easy, difficulty settings haven't been fully implemented atm

Any feedback would be appreciated

ratsv1.zip

Updated my map by balancing the weapon pickups, so that the Flamethrower does not appear too early in the set. Also changed a few of the monsters and added detailing to the secret room.

It is Here