Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

MAYhem 2019 - WE HAVE A PUBLIC BETA!

I'll join the discord this weekend, but for now, here's an early shot of my map, set on a hellish cruise ship:

1859270224_MAYhem1.PNG.246607a53acb0aad2edb28d16bfe16af.PNG

I hope I can finish it by the deadline. If I don't, I'll just make it bigger and release it on its own later.

Hell, these textures are almost more fun to work with than OTEX

So, I've heard some weird things about what's going on with this, I don't know if they're true (I'm inclined to believe it is, the person who told me has always been reliable), but between this and having another large scale project I'm working on, I'm going to have to bail out. It's halfway through the month already and I have nothing to show, so this is probably for the best.

Wow nice stir of the pot Aquil maybe if you cared enough you could back up these vague claims I mean I may as well bite because clearly someone will so let's air out the drama now n be done with it. Disappointed.

16 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

So, I've heard some weird things about what's going on with this, I don't know if they're true (I'm inclined to believe it is, the person who told me has always been reliable),

I'd be very interested in hearing what exactly you mean by this.

What I'm told is monster balance has been changed in the resources, and I wasn't inclined to have to rebalance a map because something might have been changed last minute. I wasn't told what, specifically had been changed or how much.

rd has already asked me what I meant, and kindly told me that only the chainsaw zombie had been nerfed to 160 health and there were no plans to change the balance again so as to avoid invalidating submitted maps, which was my primary concern.

Edited by Aquila Chrysaetos

Not gonna lie, the way this discussion started I expected office politics and backstabbing between doomers.

I'm going to try an attempt at making a map since I've never participate in a Mayhem session before. 

8 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

What I'm told is monster balance has been changed in the resources, and I wasn't inclined to have to rebalance a map because something might have been changed last minute. I wasn't told what, specifically had been changed or how much.

rd has already asked me what I meant, and kindly told me that only the chainsaw zombie had been nerfed to 160 health and there were no plans to change the balance again so as to avoid invalidating submitted maps, which was my primary concern.

Why get your news on this stuff through the grapevine? The monster balance stuff was openly discussed on the project's discord.

On 5/18/2019 at 12:10 PM, xdarkmasterx said:

hey i started a level for this but i won't finish it in time, may i please use resource pack for a standalone level? :)

I'd recommend consulting Floatrand if you want to use the DeHackEd work, but the textures are fair game.

Whats up with this post not being index on my profile?? 

On 5/17/2019 at 10:48 PM, NeedHealth said:

@ObsidianI may attempt to make a map for this. 

Anyway I got like half of my map done.

I finally started something that I feel its going to be worth making on my end :)

Spoiler

Screenshot_255.png.416182f6f436f3cc22eaf29101b975a7.png

You know what? I'd like to join too. I need more speedmapping practice.

Alright, two announcements!

1. We have an update to the resources here: mostly just fixing bugs and adding a DECALDEF.
  2. The deadline has been extended by a week due to difficulties with the resources over the past month: the countdown in the OP has been updated to match.

Halfway there, but still not sure if this is finished in time. :P

NflRxmJ.png

H8whqT2.png

C9zo8Qh.png

TBztMfS.png

dxmXcor.png

On 5/29/2019 at 6:32 PM, complexDoomer said:

Okay

Screenshot_Doom_20190530_022904.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190530_022909.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190530_022921.png

Broken, all of 'em.