Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Ken's Labyrinth II Patreon Reveal

Welcome to Ken's Labyrinth!

Set 25 years after the original game, Ken's Labyrinth 2 is a story about shattered pride, vengeance, and red jelly. After their humiliating defeat at the hands of the Earthling Ken on intergalactic television, the shadowy supreme leader of the planet Zogar stepped out of the darkness and swore revenge. It took many years, but after countless unsuspecting abductees were driven mad testing the numerous redesigned revamps to the set, Ken's Labyrinth was finally ready to go on the air again. Once again, Ken of Earth has been put on display for an entertainment starved galaxy, and armed with nothing but his wits and a scratched up old Zapper, he must either escape from the labyrinth or die trying.

That's right: Ken Silverman's first foray into the world of first person shooters is finally receiving a futuristic follow-up!  Built on the modern, open source GZDoom Engine, Ken's Labyrinth 2 aims to recapture the colorful, surrealistic and ultimately nostalgic feel of the original game while simultaneously creating a more fun and exciting experience with loads more variety across the board.  Our goal is to create a game that's a true successor to the 90s FPS--fun, fast paced gameplay with non-linear layouts--but also utilizes some nice new tricks of the trade, such as room over room, dynamic lighting, and particle effects.

Our team is a small, tight-knit group of Doom community regulars and lifelong Ken's Labyrinth fans.  The project director, Ian M. Burton (Zero X. Diamond) is probably best known as the voice actor for the Brutal Doomguy, our artist Aleksander Kowalczyk (Cage) is also the artist for Ion Maiden, our latest programmer is Pillowblaster, the mind behind Russian Overkill and Guncaster, just to name a few.  (Not to "and the rest" the rest of you guys!)  We're passionate about this project and want very much to deliver on our promises of making a great game; I want something that I'll want to be playing in 30 years' time.

The goal of this Patreon is to help us out financially while we advance towards being able to do a proper large scale crowdfunding campaign, likely on Kickstarter.  This project has no producers nor publishers; all the money comes out of my pocket, and frankly, things have been better for me financially.  As such, any donations that you can afford would be greatly appreciated!  If we can reach just $320 a month, that'll literally pay for all art design for that entire period.  Even if we can't, every little bit helps!

Rewards for donation will include exclusive access to the Ken's Labyrinth II Discord channel, giving you direct access to the developers any time, as well as exclusive dev streams where you'll be able to watch as the magic happens, from sprites and textures to map design!  All this and more are yours for just a little donation.  Thank you to everyone who's followed us up until this point, and we hope to be hearing from you all soon!

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=17853987

KL is one Wolf3D clone I could never get into, and I'm the type of person who can even enjoy S3DNA if I feel nerdy enough. The tunes I remember liking though.

Still kinda looking forward to this.

Is this real? I can't find any video, screenshot, or anything related to the project yet. I'm also surprised they are not using a modern version of the Build engine, like the one from Ion Maiden. 

Interestingly enough, some Build prototypes showed what could have been Ken's Labyrinth 2:

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Noiser said:

Is this real? I can't find any video, screenshot, or anything related to the project yet. I'm also surprised they are not using a modern version of the Build engine, like the one from Ion Maiden. 

Interestingly enough, some Build prototypes showed what could have been Ken's Labyrinth 2:

Reveal hidden contents

I follow this on Twitter: https://twitter.com/KensLabyrinthII?lang=es 

Sometimes they post stuff but I havens seen so much lately 

9 hours ago, Van Daemon said:

I follow this on Twitter: https://twitter.com/KensLabyrinthII?lang=es 

Sometimes they post stuff but I havens seen so much lately 

They're asking for a pretty low sum, but still... Why ask for money when they can't be bothered to show off what they've made so far? Even if I was interested, I'm not paying money just so someone can START making resources.

WOW. I'm a huge idiot. I couldn't be bothered to read who was actually on the team! Apologies for my rather blunt response!

Edited by R4L