Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rolo

FRAG: a Doom-themed Miniatures Game

Posted (edited)

Hello Doomworld

A couple of years ago I started making a tabletop game based on Doom (and similar games). I wrote a few army lists and converted some figures to play games with my friends. Since then I've continued working on it and the whole project has grown into a full blown miniatures game. I thought I'd share it with you, since you were (sort-of) the inspiration for it.

965554988_FRAGPreview0519.png.eb3dbfb0bbddddfc424509485d1b04f8.png

You can download a copy of the rules here

FRAG is a 28mm wargame for mass battles set in a 90s FPS inspired universe. There are a lot of references to the Doom modding scene.

The five main factions:

- The Legion of the Lost: Doomed space marines who vanished in a catastrophic accident, but who have returned to wreck vengeance on Hell... (I use Maelstrom's Edge Epirian Contractor kits with Pig Iron heads, but any generic sci-fi infantry will do) [Doom / Quake]

- Hell: Demons. By using their wargear options, they can be adapted for a lot of different miniatures despite being portrayed as Doom monsters. (any demon figures will do, but I use a mixture of Mantic Abyssals and 3D printed models) [Doom]

- Earth Defence Force: The Earth Council is attempting to repel the demons using hordes of conventional soldiers and a handful of elite operators. (any sci-fi infantry models will do; I have some Mantic GCPS infantry, Wargames Atlantic just released some nice not-Steel Legion that would work) [Duke Nukem / Deus Ex / Call of Duty]

- The New Order: Evil humans from an alternate Earth where Spain, Italy and Germany won World War 2 after making a pact with an eldritch abomination. (I use Bolt Action / Konflikt 47 Germans for these] [Wolfenstein / Rise of the Triad]

- SHAMAN: an evil AI that wants to forcibly convert humanity into machine-hybrids and become an Elder God. (I use Warzone Resurrection Cybertronic, but Warlord's Gates of Antares could work) [Strogg / System Shock]

There's an expansion book in the works called The New Technology. It will introduce vehicles, expand the existing army lists, add new four new factions (evil cultists, fantasy adventurers, high-tech humans, and a Japanese megacorp), and introduce a LOT of special characters based on well-known Doom mods and retro-FPS heroes.

Disclaimer: To illustrate the book I used pictures found on image boards and booru's. I apologize if I have upset anyone by doing this - I have tried to credit artists where I can and I'd be happy to add credit or remove any pictures if asked.

You can download the FRAG Rulebook here

I blog about FRAG, video games and tabletop games here

Pics of the Models I Use:

20190116_191840.jpg.8838632df65e083a478dcad9c956f43a.jpg20190322_191520.jpg.9d981b0a17f742bce27fad7cf6d90153.jpgtumblr_inline_pbrproK33l1umheze_540.jpg.a11948009fd965e513dd7f3bef89f6cc.jpgIMAG0155.jpg.bcbc4a66d84ae746c45a1887d9174beb.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg.084406b841b0a573655f414172caa396.jpgaod6.jpg.2ae88c7b6cf2d07a9da390a4bb82da9f.jpgIMAG0047.jpg.2f9cb27d6e5fa5025db2fe85155057dc.jpg

Above (clockwise): Cyberdemon (28mm marine to scale); Pinky demon test print; x4 Imps and keycard objective markers; x2 Mancubi; Quake (unique character for the Sidhe faction) and heavy weapon marine; Soldat, Angel of Death, marine; three unique characters (Caleb, Doomguy, Corzo White) and two Elite Guard officers.

[Update 05.12.19: Accidentally linked to the wrong version, sorry! Latest version is now linked.]

Edited by Rolo