• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quast

Yep, they're blaming games for the DC sniper

OHHH OF COURSE THEY WILL!!

They Will When Any Under Age 18 Shooting Ocur
BUT, They Havent Seen This Guy... He Could Be Fucking 90 !! :D

ALL I CAN SAAY IS THAT THE "SYSTEM" IS GAY SHIT !!
Every One Is Sooo Piliticly Correct It Makes Me Sick

And Even In The US... HA !! Im Not Even Gunna Go There
Dont Want To Offend Anyone :P

If They Ban Any Type Of Shooters... There Gunna Hear From Me Personaly :D

"god-mode" = "I am god"? this guy is reaching. they do this all the time now for excedingly violent crimes in the US. oh well.

I don't really see that "they" are blaming games for producing the likes of the DC sniper. The article lists theories and questions without particular bias. The police are desperate for clues and information which can lead them to identify suspects. Note this second paragraph, "Investigators have released nothing to indicate that any of these theories about the killer's motivation or operating mode is based in fact. But that doesn't stop the chatter."

Gotta' love that sniper rifle in Unreal Tournament, huh? I do.

Biffy said:

I don't really see that "they" are blaming games for producing the likes of the DC sniper. The article lists theories and questions without particular bias. The police are desperate for clues and information which can lead them to identify suspects. Note this second paragraph, "Investigators have released nothing to indicate that any of these theories about the killer's motivation or operating mode is based in fact. But that doesn't stop the chatter."

Gotta' love that sniper rifle in Unreal Tournament, huh? I do.

It says that games with sniper weapons are under close scrutiny, thus they insinuate that games with sniper weapons are teh evil.
Burn "them" :-P

dsm said:

It says that games with sniper weapons are under close scrutiny, thus they insinuate that games with sniper weapons are teh evil.
Burn "them" :-P

That's... all of them, anymore. ;)

this just reminds me of somthing...

Random troll: How can you play that discusting violance after what happed in the US(Columbine shootings)?

Me: How can you still watch football after the Hooliganism in England?

Random troll: Sport is good for you, unlike that shit!

Me: LETS COUNT HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN PARALISED FROM PLAYING VIDEO GAMES!

Random Troll: It's still better then that you fucking nerd.

Resion #398 Why I hate living in this grate sporting nation

What the heck gives people the idea that Doom has a god mode? Such a mode is nowhere to be found in the game.

That is true! That the player is in a state of refusing to degress from his battle, does not imply he is a "god," nor does it ever suggest such. Thank you for pointing that out, AndrewB.

In other news, it's late and I can't type worth shit. :P

AndrewB said:
What the heck gives people the idea that Doom has a god mode? Such a mode is nowhere to be found in the game.

what about mods, and level editing?

hey, this must mean that all games with sniper weapons are evil. And thus the weaponry in those games should be replaced by Doom-like arsenals!

Biffy said:

I don't really see that "they" are blaming games for producing the likes of the DC sniper. The article lists theories and questions without particular bias.

Yes, but the actual problem is that the media presents all this from a supposedly objective standpoint where they jumble together everything, from the relatively reasonable to the retarded, as if it were all at the same level. In this paticular case the very topic is insinuating that the assassinations are taking place due to "popular culture." Or at the very least giving importance to such a stupid relation.

Oh well, this is CNN, after all...

But then again, I don't care for any games with sniper rifles myself. I find games with a realistic or contemporary theme quite unappealing.

Just when I thought human stupidity couldn't get any lower, it crashes to yet new depths.

As I said in another forum when I saw this: if Silent Scope can turn anyone into an instant sniper able to hit a five cent piece several hundred metres away, why isn't the military using it for training?

Oh, so it doesn't create instant snipers then Mr Uninformed Media? :/

Guess this means that I'll have to delete my icd-ddf.wad...

[off-topic]Insomnac: the "Veiwing" in your sig is spelled incorrectly, it's Viewing.

Ct_red_pants said:

what about mods, and level editing?

Thats a CONSTRUCTIVE act, with very obvious POSITIVE psychological influences. But the media never covers *that*

i looked at the first few lines and... WTF do tarot(sp) cards got to do with a sniper. Does he leave the death card laying around? If not WTF, make some god damn sence your CNN for christ sake! Also games are not to blame here, you CANT get better at fireing a weapon in a game. The reverse is true for me cause i have a horrible shot in games, with weapons like the rail gun and sniper rifel, but in real life i am a good shot. Also games dont tech you how to use a gun. Chances are this person has had military training or alot of practice with a REAL gun.
How the hell do they even know if it is a man, has anyone seen the person, it could be anyone. A child/teen, a woman, a old man, a baker hell even a fuck'n dog(with an trigger finger). Oh look that game has a sniper rifel must of inspired the sniper. come on! honestly i am surprised this has not happened before, It would be a good way to rack up a kill count easily and quickly. Hey it could be the person who shot kennedy, its the sniper from the grassy knole.

get use to it, people are stupid. they would rather blame something other than thems selves or their culture. it is alway someone else. like the saying goes: humans fear what they dont understand, they hate what they fear, and they kill what they hate.

Blaming games for that sniper?! I am so pissed, that makes me want to shoot someone in the head!

That article didn't really throw much shit on games, they just acknowledged it as a violent source of media.