Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Please support your favorite content creators.

Recommended Posts

That nasty feeling ... when you get paid in cash and live in the middle of the taiga, without the possibility of somehow manipulating the means online ...


Sorry, at the moment I can not help, but I think I can solve this problem in the coming months (if I can catch a good moment for ride to the nearest big city) and support you.
You give a lot of creative energy to the community and make wonderful stuff. In a sense, it is very difficult to imagine community without your creativity, how much it permeates all. I hope many people will support you.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Want money?  Get out and earn it and don't beg for it DSP style.  I been working blue collar jobs since I was 12 and would have to ditch school to work on farms. 

Edited by Maser

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Maser said:

I contributed my piece.

What juicy is saying is that your piece is not helpful to Jimmy.

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, SirJuicyLemon said:

So if you please, if you are not going to contribute to the cause, then just pass by this topic and don't say anything.

 

With this logic there should be no discussion ever, only "jawohl".

 

When mappers monetise their hobby it's always a touchy subject, just remember the great evilution debate or skyrim mods fiasko.

 

I think that patreon and other forms of donation are vaible options, but I always feel uneasy about it. Like with the musician playing for tip — this mixed feeling of pity and shame. I'm rather buy a record or a ticket and get a feeling of "pride and accomplishment".

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, incel said:

 

With this logic there should be no discussion ever, only "jawohl".

 

When mappers monetise their hobby it's always a touchy subject, just remember the great evilution debate or skyrim mods fiasko.

 

I think that patreon and other forms of donation are vaible options, but I always feel uneasy about it. Like with the musician playing for tip — this mixed feeling of pity and shame. I'm rather buy a record or a ticket and get a feeling of "pride and accomplishment".

There should be discussion on topics where there should be discussion. Or at least, there's no need to create a discussion out of this topic (in particular).

 

If Jimmy post a topic about him launching his Patreon (or whatever content creator site), the best would be that people comment things related to that. Whether is an opinion about it, a suggestion, showing him support, etc. If you are going to enter the topic just to tell him that he is "begging" for money, what contribution are you making to the topic? That's a general discussion about Patreon and content creation sites. You could very well do the same creating your own discussion topic refering to Jimmy.

 

I know that Patreon and all those sites is a touchy subject. That's not the part that bothered me.

The part that bothered me is when he said that he was "begging" while the correct term is still "earning". Patreon (at least, Kofi I'm not sure) works with people paying in order to be suscribers and they get his own exclusive creations as rewards. I may not be an economist, but you can already tell that it follows the law of supply and demand, and if that doesn't represent how market works for Maser then I don't know in what world he lives in.

 

And the addition of complaining/bragging how was his life working compared to nowadays' ways to earn income just makes it worse. He, more than anybody, with his working experience, should know that no work is unworthy nor should be minimized. That's a total act of thoughtlessness and apathy knowing that creations like Jimmy's, with such great quality, take hard work to accomplish.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Rhebiz said:

What juicy is saying is that your piece is not helpful to Jimmy.

 

28 minutes ago, SirJuicyLemon said:

There should be discussion on topics where there should be discussion. Or at least, there's no need to create a discussion out of this topic (in particular).

 

If Jimmy post a topic about him launching his Patreon (or whatever content creator site), the best would be that people comment things related to that. Whether is an opinion about it, a suggestion, showing him support, etc. If you are going to enter the topic just to tell him that he is "begging" for money, what contribution are you making to the topic? That's a general discussion about Patreon and content creation sites. You could very well do the same creating your own discussion topic refering to Jimmy.

 

13 minutes ago, Marcaek said:

 

You didn't even bother reading the post before pulling yourself up by your bootstraps getting on your high horse, but I'll echo what marn said god forbid anyone give money to a guy who has contributed more free music to the doom community than probably anyone else

 

3 minutes ago, Eris Falling said:

 

"I have no idea what I'm talking about and therefore have no response when called out on my ignorance and apparent inability to  read the OP"

Reading your guy's responses is awesome.

Share this post


Link to post

wew clickbaited us there a bit...

I mean best of luck, but a more appropriate title would be 'please support me' :p

i thought this was gonna be in response to some of the sentiment in the sigil thread and maybe somewhere to highlight doomers with patreons or whatever...

 

(also as someone else jobless I realised pretty quick I wasn't gonna find 'decent' employment lol settling for worse now. wishing better for you mate)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

well.... going back to the topic

 

Nice you make a patreon jimmy!, i cant donate but i still support you

Share this post


Link to post

I'm a student currently, so I don't really have money to throw your way or time to watch your streams, and I don't use Twitter or Facebook, but I'll send you some love and good vibes :3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, KVELLER said:

I'll send you some love and good vibes :3

That's all very well, but he needs something useful, like thoughts and prayers.

Share this post


Link to post

wew spicy

 

Heres an opinion noone asked for:

Spoiler

While supporting creators is always nice, i think hobbies should be self-funded, otherwise people are going to expect content you made for yourself, which can create some unrest once you decide to move on or do something else, or just kinda dissapear.

Tho patreon is great for careers.

 

I'll work for a can of cat food

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Pooh said:

While supporting creators is always nice, i think hobbies should be self-funded, otherwise people are going to expect content you made for yourself, which can create some unrest once you decide to move on or do something else, or just kinda dissapear.

These threads sure do bring weird galaxy-brain ideas out of the woodwork.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

wood

 

Good argument, ill see myself out

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, yakfak said:

imo lots of people prefer to buy a tangible object to a "subscription" but they gotta keep in mind that those endeavours rarely actually make money what with the cash needed to start up and the supply chain you need to establish, plus the planet doesn't precisely have unlimited material to be turned into vanity items anyway. subs in certain ways are the more ethical option.

 

My feeling is if I'm supporting someone on Patreon/however whatever they release feels more 'premium' to me. I get a cozy satisfaction knowing that I helped support them in creating it. It's similar to pirating games and buying them. I can pirate GOG games easily but buying them just feels nice. Even though they play exactly the same I don't get that little hit of contentment knowing I've gotten it legally. It makes me appreciate it all the more.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2019 at 8:18 AM, StormCatcher.77 said:

That nasty feeling ... when you get paid in cash and live in the middle of the taiga, without the possibility of somehow manipulating the means online ...


Sorry, at the moment I can not help, but I think I can solve this problem in the coming months (if I can catch a good moment for ride to the nearest big city) and support you.
You give a lot of creative energy to the community and make wonderful stuff. In a sense, it is very difficult to imagine community without your creativity, how much it permeates all. I hope many people will support you.

 

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you are as i usually have no way to buy things online or donate money due to not having a debit or credit card. The way my bank account was set up was really weird so i never did get my own. It was never changed either and now that i use my computer pretty much everyday, it really sucks not having one. I can usually only take out cash and since i don't drive and i'm not working either, i usually don't go to the bank. I have my parents do that for me due to my disability and they take care of the bills/food and what not with my money. Then if i have a little extra at the end of the month, then i can usually buy a few things.

 

This is one of the things i would donate to though, just a nice sincere person who's trying to make a living by doing something that he loves (which we all would love to do, let's be honest).

 

Ignore all of the haters Jimmy. I don't know you personally, but from your reputation within the community as well as the few interactions i've had with you on your Twitch streams, you seem like a great guy and i think i speak for most of the Doom community in saying that your musical talent (not to mention everything else you do) is very much appreciated. I hope you do end up making a great living by doing something that you love to do. I'll definitely be buying you a few cups of coffee when i get the chance ;) 

Edited by CyberDreams : adding more

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×