Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doominator2

Largest Maps?

What are some of the largest and most massive maps in any WAD?

I mean a map that pushes the engine to the limit with the sheer insane size of the map?

38 minutes ago, Doominator2 said:

What are some of the largest and most massive maps in any WAD?

I mean a map that pushes the engine to the limit with the sheer insane size of the map?

MartianDoomer11339's Oreo Cake Massacre and Carrot Cake Massacre are definitely up there with the largest, it takes 6 - 8 hours to beat either one of em lol. Of course there's the legendary Okuplok Slaughtermap with 23k monsters. And Benjogami has just came out with his largest map yet, Long Road, No Turns 21k. As far as one that's not a slaughtermap, the one that comes to mind is Bury My Heart Knee Deep.

Planisphere 2 is one of them.

It's literally New York. The whole city.

On 5/11/2019 at 4:45 PM, Beezle said:

MartianDoomer11339's Oreo Cake Massacre and Carrot Cake Massacre are definitely up there with the largest, it takes 6 - 8 hours to beat either one of em lol. Of course there's the legendary Okuplok Slaughtermap with 23k monsters. And Benjogami has just came out with his largest map yet, Long Road, No Turns 21k. As far as one that's not a slaughtermap, the one that comes to mind is Bury My Heart Knee Deep.

I know that this thread is old but my Peanut Butter Cake Massacre map also falls into the category.

a good bit of sunder maps reach the linedef limit. they're also really detailed though, so theres larger ones out there definitely

it's probably not one of the absolute hugest but uac invasion supply depot is one hell of a sprawling map, if my memory serves me right.

ZDCMP2 was designed to be larger than what the old map formats (Doom or Hexen) could support.

Hurt is gigantic, too.

There's an edit of Vrack 3 that's basically the map copy-pasted and rotated so you play through all of it twice that was used as a benchmark tool for largest Doom-format map for a while.

Planisphere 2 is certainly up there with the various colossi.

Eviternity MAP32 is really huge, too.

I have done this thing here, it went overlooked by many people but it is there: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/93391-uac-vinur-prime-research-base/

It basically pickups from -32640 to 21824 in the X axis of mapping area in GZDB, the total sheer size of the map is 54464x23616.

Because of course i'm a sane guy and had to put a fricken city as a physical landscape in the map.

Nostril Caverns by TimeOfDeath.

I litterally spent 5 hours of BFG spamming to complete it.

Also Sunder's map 16 "Whispers of the gnarled king" is outrageously long too.

offtopic: @Zanieon oooh, i hate you! and your map too! i mean, each time i am starting it to check some rendering in my engine, i just cannot stop playing.

I think this is quite big?

upaIbWn.png

Map20 from my project. Map04 is also quite big.