Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Redfive11

Best map ever made

Please check the following thread and amend the OP to include some of the missing information (IWAD, screenshots, etc.).

Okay I give up. I ran Doom 1 and Doom 2 through Prboom+ and GZDoom and couldn't load your map. I tried map list to see if there were any changes. Nothing. What map did you replace?

That's because the map's lump name is OMY1. This certainly doesn't live up to the thread title.

LVLociC.png

1 hour ago, Dragonfly said:

This certainly doesn't live up to the thread title.

The non-square things in the video thumbnail could have told you that ;D

F**k this. I thought this was a thread where we would discuss which was the best map ever from all of the wads ever made. Instead it turned out to be a thread about a joke map.

Meh. Everybody knows that best map ever made is 

Spoiler

*name of your favorite map*

47 minutes ago, boris said:

This is not the greatest map in the world, no. This is just a tribute.

And the peculiar thing is this, my friends: The map we made on that fateful night - It didn't actually play anything like this map!

This just looks like, like others said, an obvious tribute to another map. Specifically Dis (E3M8 if you ask me). And the map header isn't MAP## or E#M# either.

"Best map ever made"

16 hours ago, Redfive11 said:

hi guys im bored and i made this bad map pls download and then throw it in the garbage.

My opinion might insult you, so i won't say it. I won't download that mapthing either.

Let‘s hijack this thread and make it actually useful: 

I liked Stormcatcher‘s Map in Eviternity very much. Map 19, iirc? Yes, the long one. It had just the perfect progression (for me at least), was visually very well designed and not even too hard. Personally I think it was the standout of Eviternity. 

13 minutes ago, elend said:

Let‘s hijack this thread and make it actually useful: 

Agreed.

14 minutes ago, elend said:

I liked Stormcatcher‘s Map in Eviternity very much. Map 19, iirc? Yes, the long one. It had just the perfect progression (for me at least), was visually very well designed and not even too hard. Personally I think it was the standout of Eviternity. 

I too liked map 19. Its not everyones cup of tea but it is certainly not a bad map or even an okay-ish map. Its a really good map

However, in Eviternity, it was Mechadon's map (map 24) that I liked the most. The map had a very good balance of adventure, action and pacing. The asthetics are really good too. The layout is complex and yet it is not difficult at all to remember the map and navigate through it. 

I like how combat starts really humble and gradually gets more intense and ultimately leading to the cyberdemon arena fight towards the end. That map also encourages exploration and finding secrets (which prove really life saving in this level). 

Back on subject I think it's nice, Redfive11, that you're playing with the doom editors, but please put more effort and pride into your work ;)

1 hour ago, Fonze said:

Back on subject

plz dont

Dunno dudes Map 19 pretty much overstays its welcome really.
Like visually it's stunning, creative use of textures, midtextures, fake floors, pressing plates, all nice, progression is also pretty much something i can get behind because it was pretty nice. For like 20-30 minutes. The map is like 90 minutes long, it stops being charming and nice not even halfway there. It runs out of things to show you and destroys the flow with FOUR ANNIHILATORS ON HMP WITH THAT SECTION HAVING THE MOST OF THE ANNIHILATORS IN ONE PLACE, and it all goes downhill from there, as the you kill like a second dozen of archviles, 10th annihilator, 30th surprise monster closet with monsters teleporting behind you, press a 20th pressing plate, and pretty much memorize not one of the prettiest locations in not only this map, not only this mod, but in pretty much any game - sewers. It's draining and stops being fun. Makes you feel all like "When will this over?". And it's not even a standalone, i'm supposed to play other maps after that one.

Very cool map, but i really don't like it that much.

Evi in general is kinda overrated

Edited by Pooh