Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andrei

BrutalDoom package [download ready]

Hi all,

I've created a chocolatey package with Brutal Doom v21 RC10 pre-release May 08 2019

To install run: 

choco install brutaldoom --version 0.1.3

Basically a compiled version of:

• Zandronum
  • FreeDoom
  • BrutalDoom

All rights go to the developers of those projects

Any feedback is appreciated.

I haven't tried the package (I'm on Linux right now), but Brutal Doom doesn't generally play well with Freedoom, it's designed to use Doom original graphics and it even rips a lot of them (which I'm not sure it's even legal...). The way it's made to be compatible is by including a lot of Doom original graphics bundled so you don't even see Freedoom monsters. It's a pity there isn't a "Brutal Freedoom" that uses Freedoom graphics.

You got my hopes up when I saw the thread.

Edited by Ferk

On 14 de mayo de 2019 at 4:54 PM, Ferk said:

It's a pity there isn't a "Brutal Freedoom" that uses Freedoom graphics.

Im interesed... I'll be more than happy to contribute to some kind of Brutal Freedoom. You mind helping me?

It would be better to first fully complete Freedoom, there are still monsters that might be replaced.

If the Freedoom monsters and graphics change, any work done in extending them in Brutal Freedoom would have to be redone. Better have a stable Freedoom first.

On 25 de mayo de 2019 at 7:06 AM, Ferk said:

It would be better to first fully complete Freedoom, there are still monsters that might be replaced.

well, Freedoom is an open source wad, right?... does this means Freedoom will never be fully completed?

On 25 de mayo de 2019 at 7:06 AM, Ferk said:

If the Freedoom monsters and graphics change, any work done in extending them in Brutal Freedoom would have to be redone.

I wouldn't mind redoing all sprites?, well maybe