Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bridgeburner56

The Slaughter Spectrum - RC1 Release

@Decay I was given permission to use all of the resources in refracted reality by @killerkouhaiif I've some how misinterpreted that then she can get in contact with me and I can remove the offending resources. Yes the pk3 needs a clean up which is explained as on the to do list for the next release and that will be left are the assets used in these maps. There's no ulterior motives here, time to calm the fuck down. 

Edited by Bridgeburner56

Relax dude. Maybe you'd like some feedback instead? I managed to skip the entire first half of map01 without having to fire a single shot, guess you should find out how I managed that.

If you wanted him to be relaxed, then your original post was not the way to go about it as it comes off like you have an agenda of your own, and your above post is also passive-aggressive.

l o l

only up to halfway through map02 so far, but really enjoying this. I think it would be cool if a few more of the fights in map01 used pre-set monster placements (even if in pop-up form) instead of tele swarms just for the sake of variety, but otherwise this is absolutely fantastic. the visuals are incredible - I'm still kind of shocked how seemingly quickly you came out of nowhere and started making some truly insane, beautiful maps that are very uniquely your own style. enjoying the music a lot so far too. can't wait to play the rest mate :D

19 minutes ago, Decay said:

Relax dude. Maybe you'd like some feedback instead? I managed to skip the entire first half of map01 without having to fire a single shot, guess you should find out how I managed that.

If you are going there, I suggest you give a more detailed report because it isn't helpful as is... Maybe calm your tits too, how I see it @Bridgeburner56 just wasn't aware how to just take what was necessary. It needs fixing for sure but no need to be a shit head about it. 

I didn't realize BB needed acolytes to defend him :( All I did was point out that mutilating the existing pk3 was bad practice and he got mad for being called out on it.

Also I was wrong, I skipped everything right up to the vile encounter and from there it was a relatively easy exit.

7 minutes ago, Decay said:

All I did was point out that mutilating the existing pk3 was bad practice

No you didn't. Your post was riddled with accusations and what you thought his motives were. Basically facts not in evidence. Even your last post starts off with an offensive sentence about those people that think your approach was heavy handed and non productive. We could use a lot less of these kind of posts in the forum.

1 hour ago, Decay said:

This means assets used specifically in your maps. It doesn't mean menu graphics/pointer, text files, the boss ACS, etc. Anything else would require direct permission and attribution. You should also consider replacing any shader textures used or get permission from serious_mood for this project, since that permission is not RR's to extend.

This is true.

I'm sorry you misunderstood me @Bridgeburner56, I thought you and I understood each other on that.

I also would have thought that you'd build your own pk3 for it, rather than copying the latest build of RR with all of the file-enlarging stuff that isn't required to run your maps. While "bastardized" isn't the word I would have used, I suppose that's what it is. My main gripe is that you originally released using the custom graphics I made for RR, even the ones naming it RR. This seems rather unprofessional, especially coming from someone who was always giving me a hard time regarding rushed releases. I see that other than the M_SKULL you have already removed or replaced them, so thank you for that. I would, however, ask that you remove or replace the M_SKULL graphic. It's not a big deal, but it is courteous. The intermission screens you can keep since they were made specifically for each map.

Again, congratulations on the release.

36 minutes ago, Decay said:

Also I was wrong, I skipped everything right up to the vile encounter and from there it was a relatively easy exit.

Again, give more details. Looks like you don't know what being helpful is like though, so that's as far it goes I guess. Also calling me an "acolyte" for pointing out your accusatory behavior is hilarious. Is the idea of etiquette this alien to you? Or are you so down the conflictual mindset you think people are all backstab politics as soon as they show disagreement?

Bridgeburner messed up here, no matter how he'd slice it, but there were other ways to go about it. Asking him what's up with this instead of what I'm guessing is your trademark aggressive behavior for starters. I think it's all down to his own ignorance (and likely laziness). Maybe he'd have realized his mistake right off the bat if you were, you know, helpful.

Eagerly awaiting your well thought out answer. But you can ignore me too, that works.

47 minutes ago, killerkouhai said:

I would, however, ask that you remove or replace the M_SKULL graphic. It's not a big deal, but it is courteous. 

Done 

44 minutes ago, tmorrow said:

No you didn't. Your post was riddled with accusations and what you thought his motives were. Basically facts not in evidence. Even your last post starts off with an offensive sentence about those people that think your approach was heavy handed and non productive. We could use a lot less of these kind of posts in the forum.

I'm not sure what your definition of "riddled" is but literally everything in my post was fact except the speculation of vindictiveness which was based on various quotes and contexts I've seen as part of RR's development.

1 minute ago, Kira said:

Again, give more details. Looks like you don't know what being helpful is like though, so that's as far it goes I guess. Also calling me an "acolyte" for pointing out your accusatory behavior is hilarious. Is the idea of etiquette this alien to you? Or are you so down the conflictual mindset you think people are all backstab politics as soon as they show disagreement?

Bridgeburner messed up here, no matter how he'd slice it, but there were other ways to go about it. Asking him what's up with this instead of what I'm guessing is your trademark aggressive behavior for starters. I think it's all down to his own ignorance (and likely laziness). Maybe he'd have realized his mistake right off the bat if you were, you know, helpful.

Eagerly awaiting your well thought out answer. But you can ignore me too, that works.

I have no intention of stating how I did this. I did plenty of map breaking for these maps when they were part of RR, and clearly what I said was ignored so I really don't see much incentive to point out how to skip 3/4 of map01 or half of map02.

"Trademark aggressive behaviour" yea, that seems about right.

1 minute ago, Decay said:

I have no intention of stating how I did this. I did plenty of map breaking for these maps when they were part of RR, and clearly what I said was ignored so I really don't see much incentive to point out how to skip 3/4 of map01 or half of map02.

Don't expect people to have the whole context when you start a conflict in another thread. But if you did tell him how you did it earlier, then yeah I take back the bit about being helpful.

Don't expect me to be friendly when you call me an "acolyte" either way.

OK that's enough thread derailment I think. With KK's input the important information has been garnederd and will be actioned. If anyone has anything project related to bring up please carry on but shit slinging can go somewhere else 

1 hour ago, killerkouhai said:

I see that other than the M_SKULL you have already removed or replaced them, so thank you for that. I would, however, ask that you remove or replace the M_SKULL graphic. It's not a big deal, but it is courteous.

@killerkouhai Clearly it's the other escalating discussion that justified this reaction :D. If anything the thread wouldn't have heated like that if you were the first one to point out the problem.

To come back to the thread, I realize all I did was send soulspheres here and there until this real deal drama, but I'm waiting for temperature to drop around here before I get serious with it and my GPU overheats :P.

28 minutes ago, Eris Falling said:

all this over a fucking m_skull graphic

12 minutes ago, Ancalagon said:

You used a m_skull graphic, how could you!.

It's easy to make it seem like that's all this is about really, but it's not, and it's kind of disingenuous to dismiss everything I pointed out in my first post by just saying that. If BB was some random nobody who did this nonsense with the pk3, half the forum would jump down his throat. The only reason you guys aren't is because he makes pretty maps and established himself with streaming.

It kinda sucks that this is partly just a private drama that's being dragged out of the shadows, but the reality of things is that it's easy for BB to seem like he's done little/no wrong when all the public facing posts indicate so, but a series of shitty pms, waving the threat of separating these maps from RR before they were kicked, blatant disrespect to other mappers on the project, utter disdain for people not fortunate enough to have decent computers, and borderline bi-polar attitude towards help tell me that BB is not the saint you guys think he is. He doesn't need you defending him, he can defend himself.

I wasn't planning on calling BB out on anything- specifically to avoid this. Once I was brought into this by BB himself however, it forced my hand. All in all, I think that I've been far more civil than I could have been, but I'm not going to air my grievances publicly.

16 minutes ago, Decay said:

BB is not the saint you guys think he is

For the record I never said he was one. I had troubles with your attitude, is all. Now it seems you feel pretty justified at this and I can take your word for it, but did you seriously think it wouldn't elicit the kind of reaction you got when you crashed like a meteor on this thread, if your frustration came from behind the doors exchanges? From here it looked like gratuitous shit flinging, so you can imagine how me and a few others reacted the way we did. A more diplomatic stance helps there, as hard as it can be.

Anyway not like I'm Doomworld's sheriff :D and I'm overstaying my part in this discussion, but hopefully we understand each other a little more. I agree with @killerkouhai that it's better to move on at this point and I'll just discuss the wad shown here now.

13 minutes ago, killerkouhai said:

Can't we just enjoy the maps instead of arguing on a forum?

Thanks KK

This has gone way too far off topic at this point and if anyone has anything else they wish to discuss there are more suitable forums for this. That's more than enough thread derailment for one day

6 hours ago, Decay said:

I didn't realize BB needed acolytes to defend him :( All I did was point out that mutilating the existing pk3 was bad practice and he got mad for being called out on it.

*hits blunt* cool man *hits blunt*

The maps are beautiful and game play is not too bad, though not my taste. With your talent, you could make nice looking maps with half the sectors. Please do this;) Then I could enjoy them with a solid 60 or more. js

Still, great job.

6 minutes ago, Payload4367 said:

With your talent, you could make nice looking maps with half the sectors.

He's the new Tormentor667

Well, his maps are superb visually and can be hard to progress...so, props to him.

I like the way the maps look but I'm quite surprised at how you handled what looks like the official post of your project pk3-wise. I don't understand really how it seemed like a good idea to release almost the entire resource of another project while at the same time bloating your own. I see that you do plan on cleaning it up but that's not really something you do at the back end on situations like this - that's really what you do before you show the world your piece of work (unless it is an rc you have been showing and building from the beginning to the rc stage). I know this isn't really a built from ground up type of project resource-wise so I don't see why it had to be hastily sent out in this state when you aren't racing to a particular deadline.

In any case I look forward to seeing the final release of this in a pristine shape.

finally got back to playing this some more, and continuing to have a grand time. can't understate how visually incredible these maps are, really in a tier of their own when it comes to this visual style. greatly enjoying the gameplay too :D just finished map02, and a bit into map03. my favorite fight in map02 was the one with the HK horde in the middle, the ~5 rev turrets on the side, and the 2 AVs in the front. not sure how better to describe the fight, but I loved that one. looking forward to playing more :D

I completely forgot to post it here when it was happening but I was on Mapper's Mark with Jehar last weekend talking about The Slaughter Spectrum. Here's the VOD. Heaps of fun and Jehar was super nice despite getting his ass toasted by multiple archviles :D Big thanks for letting me come on the show with him