Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bridgeburner56

The Slaughter Spectrum - RC1 Release

King Dime is halfway through a play through of this and once he's done I'll post an update to this.

Here's his VOD of the first 2 maps

3 minutes ago, Manbou said:

Hello, I can't find TSS.pk3 in the TSSv1.0 file. Is that really included in the zip file?

You will probably find the zip you downloaded is the Pk3, just drag and drop it onto GZD, no need to open it.

3 minutes ago, Liberation said:

You will probably find the zip you downloaded is the Pk3, just drag and drop it onto GZD, no need to open it.

Thank you very much! I can play the wad now.

Map03 bugs.

I could activate that secret by crouching but it's not the way is it.

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20200110_165537.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200110_165902.png

6 hours ago, Archi said:

I could activate that secret by crouching but it's not the way is it.

I'm assuming you mean the switch to reach the megasphere in the yellow key area?

Managed to go through all of MAP01 with GZDoom 3.5.0 on a linux box. Was a bit sluggish, but playable. Though I did also notice a few glitches here and there, like that floating box of rockets in the screenshot below.

I couldn't find a single secret :(

I did notice a switch that made another one appear for a brief moment, but I was not able to run to it. I tried shooting it too, but that didn't seem to help. Hmm.

One thing I found frustrating is that previous locations become blocked after you perform some actions. I think I know where one secret was but I couldn't go back to it after a certain point :(

Anyway, the visuals are AMAZING. Loved it.

Screenshot_Doom_20200301_014132.png

@Andreas glad you enjoyed the map. Interesting that it actually worked on 3.5 as the earliest build it was initially being made for was 3.7 iirc. I'd definitely recommend playing with the latest gzdoom version.

Regarding that switch

Spoiler

That switch secret requires running very quickly to hit them in sequence. It's tight but definitely possible

I will be adding in some return teleporters to maps that need them so completionists can 100% the maps of they've missed something (POTBS definitely needs this). 

@Firedust once mapwich 2 is under control (just received the final submission) I've got a couple of things to fix and then a hopefully final release will pop out. I've been steadily fixing/changing things based on feedback from the likes of King dime so I don't have a heap to do. The final fight in POTBS is now quicker and the fps in the last area of Void Noir has almost doubled.

Cheers @phoo :D

Also with the rumours of improved gzdoom netcode I'm quite interested in making these all coop compatible as well which would include adding additional spiciness to the encounters. Watch this space

Hey sorry to necrobump this thread but this wad doesn't work on gzdoom 4.4.2.

nvm fixed it by changing the download from a .zip to a .pk3

Edited by terrcraftguy695 : issue fixed