• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
memes4lyfe

the baron in doom eternal is called a "fire baron"

1 minute ago, tempdecal.wad said:

Could be just a variant.

My assumption as well.

I hope it is a variant.  My guess is that we will see the normal Barons as well as the Doom 64 versions (Fire Red and Toxic Green).

If they bring back the normal Barons, i hope they bleed green again.

I also hope the fire Baron is a bit more distinct from the normal one, like what if every time he was hit, he bleed lava blood that could damage the player if he was close enough?

Edit: distinct in terms of gameplay of course.

Well since the Cacos (and for some reason arachnotrons) bleed blue now it would be safe to bet that the normal barons will bleed green.

It would be amazing if the Fire Baron is a new type of Demon, a variant of the Baron of Hell, it also reminds me a bit of the Baalgar demon, due to the hell energy blades it projects out of its arms.

I’d like to take this opportunity  to point out this excerpt from the Baron’s codex entry:

Tablets, retrieved from the Great Steppe in the UAC Automated Survey of 2143, suggest that the Barons of Hell are the current Royal Guard of the unknown dark lord of the fourth age. While the nature of this entity is unknown, it must be presumed that as the Royal Guard's power has significantly increased, so too has the power of their master.

Guessing the new look/powers have something to do with this. Whatever it is, it’s getting more powerful.

On 5/16/2019 at 10:12 PM, Zemini said:

I hope it is a variant.  My guess is that we will see the normal Barons as well as the Doom 64 versions (Fire Red and Toxic Green).

My guess is that the Fire Baron essentially is a reimagining of the one from Doom 64, with the regular pink/green Baron from Doom 1/2 and the Hellknight from Doom 3 also making a reappearance.

I wouldn't like to see so many variants though, it's like artificially inflating the number of enemies/enemy types.

Sure, Fire Baron and the regular one + Doom 3's HK is alright, but also a green variant? That would be too much.

As long as they contribute mechanically speaking, that should be fine. Baron variants in classic Doom can be good too, like the ones that throw off your usual SSG juggling with their double fire.

On 5/19/2019 at 5:17 AM, Doom64hunter said:

My guess is that the Fire Baron essentially is a reimagining of the one from Doom 64

If there is any inspiration, I think it comes from this guy:
image.png.3e0619e44a53e667ceb0b44052d4f4c8.png
I know, not an official source. Still, they share the same concept.