Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Akenore

Looking for a map with too many barrels.

So, Complex Doom Clusterfuck has many addons with lots of barrel variants. Is there an existing map somewhere with an unfathomly large amount of barrels? I'd like to blow things up.

18 minutes ago, Xymph said:

This is skewed by the fact that God Machine uses masses of barrels to kill enemies before you reach the playable sections of the map. I'm not sure you actually encounter a barrel while playing it. This is probably true for some of the other Boom/vanilla maps that appear on the list as well (Edit: definitely The Mancubian Candidate, which uses them to kill the Arch-Viles).

BTSX E2 map 02 is the one with all the barrels. Tricyclic Looper from BTSX E1 has a ton as well. Supercupcaketactics's map in Coffin Curse is also full of barrels.

4 minutes ago, Not Jabba said:

This is skewed by the fact that God Machine uses masses of barrels to kill enemies before you reach the playable sections of the map. I'm not sure you actually encounter a barrel while playing it. This is probably true for some of the other Boom/vanilla maps that appear on the list as well

Oh right, I was aware of that for some entries, thanks for reminder.

I think all the barrels in the D2INO map on that list appear in the map. In fact I'm pretty sure the visible sprite limit is exceeded at some points.

m3.wad from Maximum Doom. Also m4.wad!

I recommend watching this whole thing.

You could edit an existing map to have lots of barrels. Might be worth going through Hell Revealed and just placing barrels all over the show.

I was thinking of making a heretic esqe barrel variant for complex doom a barrel replaced with a spawner barrel  spawning varients of barrels in complex clusterfuck