Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crazyflyingdonut

What are some of the weirdest DeHackEd (DEH) files you've come across?

DeHackEd was a serious thing for the Doom community because it allowed you to edit how Doom worked. You could make custom quit messages, change the amount of health of enemies, rename the cheat codes, and so on and so forth. It was a revolutionary software, at the time.

But by the time the Doom source code was released to the public, DeHackEd was pretty much DeHackDead. Once DECORATE became a thing, most people moved on from DeHackEd.

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I think I remember hearing that there is a small amount of people who still make patches with DeHackEd because they want to make something that would be compatible with vanilla Doom.

Of course, when you let people have any sort of creative freedom, there's most certainly going to be at least one that is, at the very least, bizarre.

What's the weirdest DeHackEd file you have ever seen?

As for myself, I once saw a video from @NiTROACTiVE showing @antares031's "Icon of Sin" DeHackEd file.

22 hours ago, crazyflyingdonut said:

You could make custom quit messages

No, not at all. Neither with the newer version for Dehacked works, Whacked2, you can't do that! You can do that only with mapinfo lump, I guess...

Back on topic, I think the craziest Dehacked file i've seen so far is the one used for The Sky May be... Also another file I remember i've seen on a showelware disk i have is this one that make shots imps rockets and other crazy things back from 1994 / 1995 and personally I made a thing that used the icon of sin explosion for the rocket explosion, creating an awesome explosion of Michael Bay proportions lol