Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crazyflyingdonut

Carmageddon sound problems

Hi, I recently bought Carmageddon Max Pack on Steam. The game seems to run very well, but for some reason, after a specific amount of time, all audio (that includes music and sound) will come to a halt, all of a sudden. It's driving me nuts. I tried Googling about it and I got nothing. So I decided to ask you guys. Why? I don't know, you guys are the only ones that actually talk to me.

I wear Bluetooth headphones because I prefer wireless things over things with wires, because I hate wires because my room is like a jungle of wires. I really don't need any more wires, thank you very much. I'm wondering if the fact that my headphones are Bluetooth is the reason why this is happening, my Bluetooth headphones have caused problems with other games before.

Edited by crazyflyingdonut

On 5/19/2019 at 7:29 AM, crazyflyingdonut said:

I wear Bluetooth headphones because I prefer wireless things over things with wires, because I hate wires because my room is like a jungle of wires. I really don't need any more wires, thank you very much. I'm wondering if the fact that my headphones are Bluetooth is the reason why this is happening, my Bluetooth headphones have caused problems with other games before.

Have you tried using wired headphones or speakers? Just to troubleshoot.

1 minute ago, KVELLER said:

Have you tried using wired headphones or speakers? Just to troubleshoot.

Well, for most games, if they have a problem with Bluetooth headphones, they won't play the audio at all. But Carmageddon plays the audio for a (pre-determined?) amount of time before crashing.

And I don't currently own any wired headphones to troubleshoot with.

Isn't there anyone that can lend you some headphones? Isn't that game running on DOSBox, anyway? I wouldn't be surprised if that was causing issues somehow.

If you can't fix the issue, there's also a pretty damn good official Android port that you can play. It's free on Play Store.

3 minutes ago, crazyflyingdonut said:

Is there a source port that I can use instead?

Not that I know of.

This is very strange. Bluetooth headsets work by simply linking with your device, once the link is made no game, no application etc should have no sound just “because Bluetooth”, it should work just like a regular wired headset assuming it is charged/has fresh batteries. It’s strange that any game is giving you audio issues with a Bluetooth headset as the games shouldn’t “care” (for lack of a better word) what device you’re using as long as your audio drivers are correctly configured.. Weird.

1 minute ago, Doomkid said:

This is very strange. Bluetooth headsets work by simply linking with your device, once the link is made no game, no application etc should have no sound just “because Bluetooth”, it should work just like a regular wired headset assuming it is charged/has fresh batteries. It’s strange that any game is giving you audio issues with a Bluetooth headset as the games shouldn’t “care” (for lack of a better word) what device you’re using as long as your audio drivers are correctly configured.. Strange.

According to Google, I'm not the only one with this problem.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=game+does+not+work+with+bluetooth+headphones

So... use a wired headset? Or don't use headphones at all. That seems to be the troubleshoot fix. And honestly, did you ask this question on the Steam forums? Because a forum dedicated to the game would probably be of more use than a forum dedicated to a completely different game. And check to GOG forums as well. They seem to have more people who are willing to help out.

6 minutes ago, Jello said:

And honestly, did you ask this question on the Steam forums? Because a forum dedicated to the game would probably be of more use than a forum dedicated to a completely different game.

Well, to be honest, you guys are the only people on the Internet that actually talk to me. Everyone else just ignores me, so...