Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
damned

CZECHBOX (final version available!)

screenshots all look kickass. are you planning to replace the default skies?

7 minutes ago, Tango said:

screenshots all look kickass. are you planning to replace the default skies?

We would definitely like to do it. Especially the episode 2 sky doesn't fit.

Great to see cz comunity project here, looking forward. At se daří do zbytku projektu!

Always nice to see another country's Doomers getting together to map! First Russia (Whitemare & Whitemare 2), then Japan (Japanese Community Project) now Czech Republic.

I enjoy Zones of Fear years back so looking forward to another Czech community megawad :)

On 5/20/2019 at 12:50 AM, Marlamir said:

Great to see cz comunity project here, looking forward. At se daří do zbytku projektu!

Thanks!
Díky. Je to prakticky hotové, jen testujeme, odstraňujeme chyby, balancujeme munici, uhlazujeme detaily,...

oi
Where's the release. I'm jonesing over here!

But seriously, this looks great and I'm amped to play it. Much love from a Croatian player in NZ.

On 6/3/2019 at 11:17 PM, damned said:

Je to prakticky hotové, jen testujeme, odstraňujeme chyby, balancujeme munici, uhlazujeme detaily,...

Not sure what your intentions are after you're finished with testing and balancing but it would be great to have a release candidate before the final release.
In my experience it's *never* the case that the first release to public is already without any issues whatsoever no matter how hard-worked or high-profile is the project.

Here at Thursday Night Survival we're already itching to play this wad so we are ready to help with some coop testing if needed.

Ale v každom prípade očakávam, že megawad od Čechov nesklame :)

41 minutes ago, Not Jabba said:

Is there still a map made entirely out of crates? I'm sold.

Holy shit there's a map made entirely of crates!?!?!

I'm now 110% ready to play this!

I would be glad if we finally release the fucking megawad because we've been working on it like since 2012?:D

And it's more like czechoslovakia megawad than czech :)

I made Fucking HeXen and It's Real and It Kills in the meanwhile (

Map 23 is actually made entirely by crates... I have an autism so my head is full of these ideas lol

Currenty it is in beta testing/polishing phase.  All maps are done.  We are now tweaking the maps based on the feedback we got from our beta testers. 

17 hours ago, Suitepee said:

Any progress on this project?

Previous week I made many changes in my maps and sent it to Damned.

I am finalizing few things, do some last corrections, etc.
I would like to prepare public RC1 within this week and it would be great to do the final release on 28.9. (Czech Statehood Day) :)

Please feel free to play and give us feedback, if there are still some major bugs preventing you from finishing the map or something.

Edited by damned : checking of the link.

Great to finally see a release!

After the long waiting we couldn't resist so we are playing the wad for TNS this very evening:

The session starts at 19:00 BST/14:00 EDT and you can expect it to be fairly active for 4+ hours.

In the meantime here's a minor bug I noticed:
MAP22 has two player 3 starts and no player 4 start (the extra P3 start shows up as a voodoo doll in coop).

1 minute ago, Keyboard_Doomer said:

After the long waiting we couldn't resist so we are playing the wad for TNS this very evening:

The session starts at 19:00 BST/14:00 EDT and you can expect it to be fairly active for 4+ hours.

MAP22 has two player 3 starts and no player 4 start (the extra P3 start shows up as a voodoo doll in coop).

And what actually happens when the map loads?

Will it generate some random starts for player 3 and 4

or...?:)

30 minutes ago, Keyboard_Doomer said:

oh BTW I am not sure whether it will be playable in Survival, while I haven't optimized the maps for multi, just set player starts and that's it, so there must be lots of places with one-time-use doors and one-time-use teleporters and so on.

:)

4 hours ago, Matthias said:

And what actually happens when the map loads?

Will it generate some random starts for player 3 and 4

or...?:)

I believe in vanilla this means that a 4th player wouldn't be able to spawn. Someone correct me if that's wrong. In ZDaemon player starts can be reused indefinitely so spawning is not an issue but the voodoo doll can be damaged and then all players will take damage.

4 hours ago, Matthias said:

oh BTW I am not sure whether it will be playable in Survival, while I haven't optimized the maps for multi, just set player starts and that's it, so there must be lots of places with one-time-use doors and one-time-use teleporters and so on.

That's one reason we are playing while the wad doesn't have a final version yet... with the hope that you guys will be willing to fix this stuff for coop/survival compatibility.

I've played 7 maps so far and didn't encounter any coop problems so it doesn't look bad :)

Played the first 3 maps and it's pretty good, I don't get why you can't jump in the water at the north side of MAP02...

4 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Played the first 3 maps and it's pretty good, I don't get why you can't jump in the water at the north side of MAP02...

Well, there is nothing in the water :)