Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
damned

CZECHBOX (final version available!)

During the ZDaemon Thursday Night Survival we found out, that one map is in fact not original, but has been used by the author already in other projects. We are now thinking about the change of this one, which could delay the release :D
I was thinking about release date 28.9. (Czech statehood day and my name day), but maybe we will aim to 28.10. (Czech Independendence Day). :)

On 11/17/2019 at 10:14 PM, Suitepee said:

I'll be nominating this megawad for a 2019 Cacoward!

Thanks! I am glad you like it. There are still few things we need to change (one map is not original, there are several typos here and there, some small graphic and GP adjustments, etc.) Also I am working on TXT file with details about the background music, some comments about maps etc.

On 11/18/2019 at 11:29 AM, Matthias said:

I didn't know you're such a patriot.

I wouldn't call myself a patriot, but I do like our country so attended the demonstration on 16th of November and also the march on 17th. :)
And since it was originally planned as Czech project, I've decided to put there some Czech symbols (Flag, lion, beer,...).

I played through the first 10 or so maps. Really really really digging the low monster numbers / decent placement on show here.

The progression is also very unique - with 'Kafkaesque World' and the helipad level being particularly interesting.

Decent take on Dead Simple, too.

Really hope to see more from you guys, as these are the exact variety of maps that I enjoy playing. Keep it up!

14 hours ago, Arrowhead12 said:

I played through the first 10 or so maps. Really really really digging the low monster numbers / decent placement on show here.

The progression is also very unique - with 'Kafkaesque World' and the helipad level being particularly interesting.

Decent take on Dead Simple, too.

Really hope to see more from you guys, as these are the exact variety of maps that I enjoy playing. Keep it up!

Thanks!

I am not sure about the other mappers, but our first project Zones of Fear was so slaughterfest-y that I grew tired of it and this time I use rather small numbers :)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/508842867 = part 2 (maps 14-22 plus both secret maps)

I have just watched you play the MAP22 - Breadcrumbs. There are hints (breadcrumbs) all around the place but somehow you managed to ignore them and were just running all around the place like headless chicken, touching all the walls like me on the way home from pub. :D
I suppose the audience on stream is too distracting so you cannot focus enough on the map.

Ok. I finished the part 3 of your stream.
I am glad you like it and in fact I am not surprised you hate the map30 :D 80% of Doomers hate IoS and another 80% hates swarns of lost souls and you can enjoy both these in map30 :D. I just haven't ever done real IoS map before, as every Doom mapper I wanted to release at least one in my career so I spoiled this community project with it. You are welcome guys! :D And of course I have small penis, so I have to compensate it with 4-headed Icon of sin (damn... my penis has to be 4times smaller then Romero's).
In map30, you could safe some time on Keens. You could use just one rocket per hole and go next and then less monsters would be spawned. If I am right, there is different amount of monster spawners and lost souls for each difficulty, so UV is pretty hard due to it, but still manageable.
The place where you stucked in map29 is in fact not that difficult if you go from the other side of the pillar. From the inner part of the pillar is sector you can use to move around. When I think about it I will add it also from the outside and make the progress through this climbing part more clear and easy.

Anyways, thank you for all the feedback. I am not going to change the map30 (sorry), but there were several ideas I will probably incorporate to final version.

Today is the last day of my paternity leave so I've found some time to put the final version together and upload it to /IDgames. Link will follow shortly. The main change is entirly new map14.
Since I need to split my time between job and my new born daughter, don't expect much activity from me now on.

Just blasted through the first map and gave the second map a quick go, all good in the hood. Will give it a good thrashing later.

Woah, just taking a look at those screenshots, I've gotta try this wad, it looks great!

I was playing on UV and got up to map 5 and then shit got real, I managed to scrap through and then quickly noped out on map 6. HMP onwards for me, I like to relax whilst playing. So far I'm really enjoying this megawad, good stuff.

On 1/27/2020 at 3:38 AM, 6DB said:

I was playing on UV and got up to map 5 and then shit got real, I managed to scrap through and then quickly noped out on map 6. HMP onwards for me, I like to relax whilst playing. So far I'm really enjoying this megawad, good stuff.

Yeah... UV in my maps are for players who know the layout already and could be challenging in some fights. For regular first walkthrough I would suggest HMP. (I personally play mostly on HMP as well).

Hey, i just wanted to say that i love this wad, too bad that it wasn't even mentioned in 2019 Cacowards, there is one little bug that i found in map05

Spoiler

doom01.png.b268b20e5ae0823bb004eb0a64ae2c56.png

After stepping on the edge of the elevator at the beginning of the map when the elevator goes back down because doomguy is standing in between the elevator and ceiling the middle part of the elevator still goes up creating this graphic bug

Spoiler

doom02.png.c66532f025e35bd643d612e9d3f67b01.png

I played it with glboom plus

Also sorry for bad English, but apart from that i loved the map and im very happy too see projects like that

Greetings from Poland Czech bros!

Gonna replay Zones of Fear and then go through this and see how the two compare! Glad to see Pipicz is doing well, been a while since he visited Doomworld. His megawad was epic af

7 hours ago, piesunisko said:

After stepping on the edge of the elevator at the beginning of the map when the elevator goes back down because doomguy is standing in between the elevator and ceiling the middle part of the elevator still goes up creating this graphic bug

Thanks for pointing this out. This is caused by my aversion to simple one sector elevators. So when you standing on the edge of it, you stop part of the elevator and other part is still moving. To tell the truth, I don't know how to get rid of this and still keep the same functionality. Any tips? :)

Just now, damned said:

Thanks for pointing this out. This is caused by my aversion to simple one sector elevators. So when you standing on the edge of it, you stop part of the elevator and other part is still moving. To tell the truth, I don't know how to get rid of this and still keep the same functionality. Any tips? :)

Well, you can give the middle elevator a texture so when elevator splits in two the middle one won't create this bug

Hello there. You likely already forgot about us but we haven't forgot about this wad and have been patiently waiting for the update. After 4 months it's finally time to play part 2 on Thursday Night Survival including the all-new MAP14.

As usually, the session starts at 19:00 GMT/14:00 EST and you can expect it to be fairly active for 4+ hours .

Edited by Keyboard_Doomer

2 hours ago, Keyboard_Doomer said:

Hello there. You likely already forgot about us but we haven't forgot about this wad and have been patiently waiting for the update. After 4 months it's finally time to play part 2 on Thursday Night Survival including the all-new MAP14.

As usually, the session starts at 19:00 GMT/14:00 EDT and you can expect it to be fairly active for 4+ hours .

You mean today?

It's bad, because my computer is broken now and I am working on fixing it, so I can't participate tonight :/

4 hours ago, Keyboard_Doomer said:

As usually, the session starts at 19:00 GMT/14:00 EDT and you can expect it to be fairly active for 4+ hours .

Sounds good, I will be there. 

Going to download and play this later..thank you for putting in the effort and 7yrs  to make this \_/ ._. \_/

Heya, guys. I have a question. On map 22, how are you supposed to get out once you grab the secret mega armor?

8 minutes ago, Firedust said:

Heya, guys. I have a question. On map 22, how are you supposed to get out once you grab the secret mega armor?

You can just push use on one of the poles. The one with different Support texture.