Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nrofl

Monster Teleportation Problems

Question

Never hurts to ask, right?

Anyway I'm trying to get a Baron to teleport into a map via a scroll thing action activated through walking on a certain linedef, and I've done that right, but when it comes to the actual monster teleporting is the problem. I have a linedef with the teleport action with respective Target Teleport Destination and Target Sector tags correctly defined with the same tag (And its activated through the "Monster Walks Over" activation type), yet the baron inst spawning.

Can anyone help?

4 answers to this question

What Dark Pulse said.  But also, it sounds like you may be overcomplicating things a little.

Where your Baron is moved to/walks over the teleport line, just use line-special 70.  The baron is the only thing which is going to be teleported by the line, isn't it?  So just use 70.  Then set the special to activate when a monster moves/walks over it.  I took a screenshot of the appropriate settings.

mtexam.png.77a4e3453de6e0f2d4fa64f1c901f04e.png

Also, it is import to ensure the sector you're having the baron teleport into, is wide and tall enough for it.  Also, if there is any other thing in the target sector, it will prevent teleport, too.  This includes any players who might be in the sector at the time of teleport.

Hope this is helpful!

You sure you've got the front end of the line pointed towards the Baron? IIRC teleport lines only work from the front, so if the Baron passes it on the back side, it won't activate.

Hmmm. Ive checked all of the conditions youve said, and I have them all down. Do I need to set a tag on the baron?

EDIT: Wellllllllll I'm retarded. The sector is too small for the baron to spawn in. Thank you @Barefootstallion & @Dark Pulse

Edited by Rhebiz