Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Smight

Memento Mori 1 Map 28 aka Beast Wad

This is the hardest level in the whole megawad and the most complex....you love it or hate it. Terrible enemy placement

Always thought Memento Mori MAP28 was a really fun map with and the Arch Viles and Pain Elementals certainly up the challenge. Monster infighting is crucial here.

The problem is not so much the Cyberdemons but the Archviles becoming awake or teleporting into areas on the other side of map resurrecting and the vital ammo all in the secrets and that includes health also

13 hours ago, Maximum Matt said:

Why yes, I remember that one was a bastard.  Pretty cool for an old-school city map, though

I seen Onemandoom say that it is harder than the last level in Scythe

I remember playing that map.  It certainly is a beast, but a great map.  Took me about half an hour to complete it on UV my first time through it.

7 hours ago, General Rainbow Bacon said:

I remember playing that map.  It certainly is a beast, but a great map.  Took me about half an hour to complete it on UV my first time through it.

It's a map for me to know where the secrets are and get familiar with the layout, I will be a better Doomer after getting through it, do you play it saveless?

I just looked up the stats of this level to refresh my memory, and holy shit there's three cyberdemons and fourteen arch-viles.  

I may have blocked this one out of my mind

Yeah, that map is really hard, especially for the time it was released. It gave quite the sense of accomplishment when I beat it the first time though. Definitely one of the best and most memorable maps in the WAD.

15 hours ago, Spie812 said:

Yeah, that map is really hard, especially for the time it was released. It gave quite the sense of accomplishment when I beat it the first time though. Definitely one of the best and most memorable maps in the WAD.

If I get 100 % secrets and kills by saving I will still feel fulfilled on my accomplishment

On 5/23/2019 at 11:17 PM, Maximum Matt said:

I just looked up the stats of this level to refresh my memory, and holy shit there's three cyberdemons and fourteen arch-viles.  

I may have blocked this one out of my mind

Howdy I did in over 2 hrs in UV ....100% across the board and not from pistol start. Needed a YT playthough to get me through

I don't remember if I played it saveless.  I probably played it with saves as it was the first time I played it from pistol-start.  Maybe I'll go try to record a demo doing without saves sometime soon.