Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
plynthus

VDP-MonsterRandomizer - UPDATED September 1, 2022

Weeabooscumbags

I kind of answered also to what you said in my previous post for cjmax1.

I'm sorry, if it's not for you. I know there are a lot people who only play with those mods.

I made this the kind of mod I would like to play. And released it hoping that people who also prefer more vanilla type gameplay would enjoy it.

Making it compatible for those mods is not going to be my first priority. Any extra mods with this might or might not work.

But like I said in the previous post. I am definitely open to it. As long as I don't have to sacrifice anything. And would still play the same without extra mods.

And I'll look into it in the future.

Not in the next version though. As soon as I finish those menus I want to update the mod, because it's going to be a big change.

Thank you!

Edited by plynthus

I spoke too soon again...

The Ambush flag issue is fixed now. But +BossDeath doesn't seem to transfer.

Meaning after you kill the Barons/Baron replacers in E1M8 for example. Nothing happens.

Or after killing Cyberdemon or it's replacer in E2M8. At least I think +BossDeath does that.

Adding +BossDeath and A_BossDeath manually to each Baron or Cyberdemon replacer didn't help either.

Worked fine when it was just RandomSpawner. But to have the spawn options the way I have. Now it's SpawnItemEx, which spawns the RandomSpawner, which spawns the monster.

Here's a short video demonstrating the problem in E1M8 and E2M8.

If you want to mess around with the broken version. Download here. (right-click and “save as”, if the link doesn't work)

All these settings are working for all the monsters in it:

Spoiler

292749495_menuinfo.jpg.9dea2ffb08b4487e46cc61c994fb4bbb.jpgmenu.jpg.5852da0293cf566b5a1c1a218bc5cbd6.jpg

Only the boss levels are a problem right now. As well as  Dead Simple with Mancubus and Arachnotron triggers. 

I'll update the main download link as soon as this is fixed.

Help would be very welcome, as I currently don't know how to fix it.

Also no need for alternate versions after this has been fixed.

Edit:

I think the +BossDeath transfers fine after all. Problem is because GZDOOM probably doesn’t count the replacers as Barons or Cyberdemons anymore. Because the “replaces baronofhell” is not on the randomspawners themselves anymore. 

I'm working on a temporary solution. Hopefully it's only temporary.

Baron of Hell, Mancubus, Arachnotron, Cyberdemon and Spidermastermind aren't going to have any extra settings unfortunately.

Two different ways I've tried to include the settings for them so far.

1. - caused them not to trigger their special triggers at all.(the video shows this one)

2. - caused their special triggers happen immediately.(for example e2m8 ended as soon as you entered the map)

The second would be a small-ish price to pay to include more settings for Baron, mancubus and arachnotron. because those don't end the level immidiately.

But with the second option I would have only been able to add "Default", "Replacers Only" and "Off" settings.

And it's a lot more work to do than the first way.

So I'm putting the options for those enemies on hold right now... It's really annoying though, because the problem only affects few maps. But it does break them.

I'll upload that version tomorrow July 5th, unless I encounter more bigger problems while testing.

Edited by plynthus

UPDATED JULY 5TH:
REPLACER SETTINGS now has A LOT of different spawn chance options!

replacersettings.jpg.bf1330ec3e525ce880e4810887fa5d54.jpg

1768645403_menuinfo.jpg.86c3ebef2837cda88d63995e025fd07f.jpg

A missing options is included as an extra .pk3 file. This one comes with a problem:

Spoiler

replacersettingsfull.jpg.1c063853407b5d74f8201c40fa64d4ab.jpg

(BY ONLY USING VDP-MONSTERRANDOMIZER.PK3 THIS PROBLEM SHOULDN'T HAPPEN AT ALL)

The "VDP-MissingOptions.pk3" adds options for these monsters into the "REPLACER SETTINGS" -menu:

-Baron Of Hell
-Mancubus
-Arachnotron
-Cyberdemon
-Spider Mastermind
(all the other monsters already have options available without having to load vdp-missingoptions.pk3)

BUT THERE'S A BIG PROBLEM with having these options for those monsters.

In the original games, these maps will be broken:

in ULTIMATE DOOM:

-E1M8 - "BaronSpecial" won't be triggered. Nothing happens after killing the Barons/Replacers.

-E2M8 - "CyberdemonSpecial" won't be triggered. Nothing happens after killing the Cyberdemon/Replacer.

-E3M8 - "SpiderMastermindSpecial" won't be triggered. Nothing happens after killing the SpiderMastermind/Replacer.

-E4M8 - Nothing happens after killing the SpiderMastermind/Replacer.

in DOOM II/FINAL DOOM:

-MAP07 - "Map07Special" won't be triggered. Nothing happens after killing the Mancubus/Arachnotrons/Replacers.

(no matter which settings are on)

VIDEO EXAMPLE OF THE PROBLEM

I included this "patch", because it only affects 5 maps. And it's a lot of missing options.

Based on my testings, so far. You can use the same save file, whether you play with or without the patch.

So if you know what you're playing..
You can play with the patch, and save before entering one of those maps.
Load your save file without the patch.
Save again after finishing the map.

Or just use IDCLIP or something, because it's still a lot of trouble for one map here and there.

HOPEFULLY this is only a temporary solution.
And I will be able to fix the problem in the future.

Thanks again whatup876!

If you hadn't asked about adding menus to this. I wouldn't have done this, at least for a while.

It was a fun challenge for sure! I just hope I can fix the "missing options" problem at some point.

EDIT: NEW UPDATE JULY 7TH

-Basically the same things, but done better. And I added an option to turn ON/OFF Demon/Spectre/Lost Soul replacers with long range attacks.

(check the original post)

Edited by plynthus

On 5/22/2019 at 11:34 AM, plynthus said:

Download "Vanilla Doom Plus" -monster randomizer

(UPDATED AUGUST 12TH) 

Reveal hidden contents

-fixed a dynamic lighting related issue. thanks to ZDoom forum user Sgt. Ham for pointing it out to me!
-added a few new monsters.

-nerfed a CyberDemon replacer that was way too strong.
-all the replacer options are available. no more missing options. everything is now in a single file.

Hello,

This is a mod I originally made for myself. I was desperately looking for a monster randomizer like this, and I couldn't find one.

So I started editing "DoomKrakken's Monster Randomizer"... and really liked what it started to shape into.

So I decided to start from scratch. So that I can also share this with everyone, in case there's anyone else out there also looking for a mod like this.

The name "Vanilla Doom Plus" might be a little misleading.

To me "vanilla doom" just means doom without any extra mods. Playing vanilla style(no jumping etc.), but still using a source port.

I use GZDOOM and it's the only source port I have tested this mod with.

Works with Doom, Ultimate Doom, Doom 2 and Final Doom. And should work with any mod that only adds maps.

My goal was to make a monster randomizer that only adds monsters. And still would be well balanced, if you're playing maps that have been designed for vanilla gameplay. I've mainly been testing with Ultimate Doom and Doom II.

Every monster that replaces a certain enemy has the same(or smaller) radius and height settings, so they shouldn't get stuck anywhere.

Every monster has a specific set of monsters that can replace them.

When killed, every monster that replaces shotgunguy will either drop a shotgun or shotgun shells... Same idea with chaingunners and zombieman. This is to maintain ammo balance closer to the original.

I also wanted that each "group" of monsters wouldn't infight other monsters from the same group. For example the monsters that replace imps wouldn't infight with each other at all.

I didn't know how I could have done that at first. Thanks to user Tango for pointing me to the right direction on how to do it!! It was an easy fix and works very well now.

Some enemies do have attacks that can still cause infighting, but I think it's rare enough.

And also monsters that replace monsters that normally would infight with each other(like zombies and lost souls) are untouched.

BY DEFAULT SETTINGS:

This is a more "subtle" monster randomizer.

You'll see a lot of regular monsters(over 50%). It's very much Doom, but there's a lot more variety.

There is about 220 added monsters. Some of them just are very rare.

More common monsters like imps and zombieman have a higher chance to be just regular versions of themselves.

There is a "REPLACER SETTINGS" menu with A LOT of options for Spawn chances etc.

Reveal hidden contents

rs1.jpg.b5cca5fb3ecf48659a92f4670d12b3ed.jpgsci1.jpg.7c51a630d0fea2b952ba1d4cf023b616.jpgeo1.jpg.dafcbdb894b2bd85a1dd2d6d43e6dbd5.jpg

Thanks to whatup876 for suggesting for me to do these option menus!

Some power-ups have about 1 out of 30 chance to be replaced by another one. For example SoulSphere can be replaced with LifeSphere which gives you 300 health.
And some decoration objects can be replaced by stationary monsters and mimics.
These are very rare, and those can be turned ON/OFF from the options menu.

I also have changed a lot of properties of the monsters... Health, painchance, attacks etc.

For example if something replaces Baron of Hell. I want it to have ABOUT the same amount of health.

And if something is replaced by an enemy that could kill you a lot faster than the original monster. They probably have less health than the monster they replaced. But these are not very common.

VIDEOS(using earlier versions of this mod):

Reveal hidden contents

40 added monsters on June 25th update

Full Doom II Playthrough on Ultra Violence I think maps 08, 09, 10, 16, 17, 18 and 27 are the best for showcasing the monster variety with the mod.

Includes "No Rest For The Living" Episode!

Full Ultimate Doom Playthrough on Ultra-Violence (couple more videos before it's completed. SIGIL included.) I did use a Super Shotgun(using another mod) simply to make it more fun. There's a lot of monsters you won't see in Ultimate Doom, because all the added monsters will replace a specific monster. So no Doom II monsters means a lot less new monsters... Nevertheless, I enjoyed doing this one a lot!

And I also updated this mod between each episode.

Final Doom: The Plutonia Experiment MAP29 Odyssey of Noises

Doom II: MAP10 Refueling Base Different playthrough from the full Doom II videos. A lot of different monsters appeared.

(there's been multiple updates since I recorded these videos)

SCREENSHOTS:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_Doom_20190522_201523.png.d9ffff98cd57492db38c08222d0423cb.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190522_201948.png.ec746dff237c0902d6e2cbe0223360e5.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190522_202131.png.cda16dfc0d30072245533ee491a65089.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190522_203006.png.0ba674fa563d046cab08ab30ee1ba11c.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190522_203626.png.e282aa5abcb95ddfcfc9755df6ff73db.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190522_203719.png.97e08afa7bb820a4db5587647e5a467c.png

This is FAR from perfect. That was never the goal. I just had a lot of fun making this.

I originally stopped working on this about 8 months ago. This week I decided to do couple minor tweaks to it, and finally share it.

EDIT: I have done a lot of changes since the release!

I made this the way I liked it.

Obviously thanks to every cool monster made by various people!!

I hope you'll have fun with it too!

ALL THE CREDIT GOES TO:

ID Software (obviously)

Raven Software

Everyone who have worked on any of these monsters.

Realm667

DoomKrakken and DoomKrakken's Monster Randomizer. I used it a lot to see how these things are done in Slade.

And huge thanks to Doomworld users: Tango, Bryan T and whatup876!! For helping me to fix couple issues with the mod. And great suggestions.

I am new here, really liked your word. I was wondering how to download it and install it. Thanks a lot

2 hours ago, mataviejas97 said:

I am new here, really liked your word. I was wondering how to download it and install it. Thanks a lot

Click and drag the file and drop it on gzdoom.exe.

UPDATE INFO:

JANUARY 20TH(big update):

VIDEO UPDATE

-25 Added monsters(total is about 250 now)

All the new ones are in the video update.

-Added GLDEFS:
They we're all missing before because i never added them.
Now all the GLDEFS that came with the monsters have been added.
I also added them for some monsters that didn't come with them(by using already existing lights from other monsters). I'm planning to add more in future updates.

-New/improved settings and features:
 -Disable shooting by Demon/Spectre/Lost Soul replacers

Instead of stopping those replacers from spawning completely.
Now you can disable just those attacks from them.
When shooting is disabled some of them might get little faster, or do a new attack instead.
It's disabled by default now for better balance.
 -Monster Mixer
Intended for DOOM/ULTIMATE DOOM.
These will be added on top of their original replacers.
You can have Chaingunguy replacers(reduced health, will drop a shotgun on death) for Shotgunguy.
Pain Elemental replacers(reduced health, most should not infight with Cacodemon or it's replacers) for Cacodemon.
And Hell Knight replacers(double health) for Baron of Hell.
Turn them ON for better monster variety(over 40 more in total)!
Keep them OFF for better balance.
Not recommended in DOOM II/FINAL DOOM.
 -Choose what Pain Elementals spawn
Lost Souls ONLY
Lost Souls + Replacers
 -Alternate blood colors
Lost Soul = no blood
Cacodemon = blue
Hell Knight/Baron of Hell = green
Nothing new... But if you want them you would need a mod anyway.
So why not.

-A lot of nerfs/buffs for so many monsters:
For example Revenant replacers should be a lot more dangerous now.
Some Archvile replacers that couldn't resurrect enemies before, now can.
Few examples in the video update.

-A lot of fixes:
Few examples in the video update.

JANUARY 22ND(small update):

-I tweaked some spawn chances of different Imp replacers
Something I already did for January 20th update.
But after I released it, I did little more testing and wasn't completely happy with it.
Small change, but it feels a lot better now.

-Baron replacer: ShadowBeast(at 3:55 in the january 20th video update)
I limited that fake death thing(the one that spawns the ghosts) which it does sometimes when taking damage, so it can only happen 2 times max.
It rarely happened 3 times anyway. But when it did happen, it felt like it was too much for such a short encounter. I actually really like that attack!

-Added a power-up replacer for MegaSphere that gives you 300 health and 300 armor.
Only 2% spawn chance for every MegaSphere(power-up replacers can be turned OFF in the menu).

-Imp  replacer: Catharsi(the one that spawns a bomb on death that shoots out fireballs after few beep sounds)
I added a faster and slower versions of the bomb. Original bomb still spawns 75% of the time.

-2 Hellknight replacers that wields a shield: Hellwarrior and ImpWarlord
I decreased the chance for them to block after taking damage.
So I could raise their health a little bit to be better as hellknight replacers(or baron when using monster mixer).

-Couple other little changes/fixes

Edited by plynthus

This sounds great and should work perfectly with a weapon mod I am working on. I'll give it a go later, it does get quite boring killing the same old line up of monsters all the time.

36 minutes ago, Turin Turambar said:

Cool, a new update. But, can we have an option to disable the more uh... out-of-theme stuff? Laser shark, Liquidator and Maephisto, specifically.

Laser shark is in the video because I wanted to show everything I added. But it's very rare 'cause it's more of a joke monster. There's more like that one and they all have very low spawning chance.

I agree those 3 you mentioned don't fit well theme-wise. But gameplay-wise I think they all fit great!

I'm open in adding an option like that. But I would have to choose very carefully which ones are "out-of-theme". I'm sure there's a lot of opinions on that.

Is heretic/hexen-ish stuff out of theme etc.

Also the more I add options like that the more complicated the mod becomes. Making it harder/slower for me to add more stuff. But that's definitely not out of the question. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edited by plynthus

hi. hope you are alive and well during this coronavirus pandemic.

i may found a bug in vdp monster randomizer. i found that when using the mod (i removed all other mods), the console command "summonfriend" in gzdoom would be broken (eg. "summonfriend archvile"). i'm using gzdoom version 4.3.3. i also set in the mod's replacer settings so archviles were not to be replaced. but the archviles summoned were no longer friendly. is this possible to be fixed?

also as a small request if possible, could you provide a list of monsters that can be "summonfriend"? tqvm in advance. love your awesome work on this monster randomizer, and again, hope all is well in your part of the world.

regards from kuala lumpur, malaysia.

On 5/30/2020 at 1:14 PM, saibog said:

hi. hope you are alive and well during this coronavirus pandemic.

i may found a bug in vdp monster randomizer. i found that when using the mod (i removed all other mods), the console command "summonfriend" in gzdoom would be broken (eg. "summonfriend archvile"). i'm using gzdoom version 4.3.3. i also set in the mod's replacer settings so archviles were not to be replaced. but the archviles summoned were no longer friendly. is this possible to be fixed?

also as a small request if possible, could you provide a list of monsters that can be "summonfriend"? tqvm in advance. love your awesome work on this monster randomizer, and again, hope all is well in your part of the world.

regards from kuala lumpur, malaysia.

I'm doing fine thanks. Luckily here in Finland it isn't very bad at the moment. Hope you and everyone here are doing well too.

The summonfriend command is not broken. It's just that every regular monster has been replaced in this mod. Even normal ones are a copy of the original monsters.

Here's a list of names so you can summon any regular monsters when using this mod:

Spoiler

Zombieman2
ShotgunGuy2
DoomImp2
Chaingunguy2
PinkyDemon
Spectre2
LostSoul2
Cacodemon2
Painelemental2
Hellknight2
Baronofhell2
Fatso2
Revenant2
Archvile2
Arachnotron2
SpiderMastermind2
Cyberdemon2
WolfensteinSS2

And here's a list with all the current replacer names(I hope I didn't miss any):

Spoiler

Zombieman Replacers:
FemaleZombie
FemalePlasma
ChainsawZombie
Machinegunguy
SmallRat
KamikaziGuy
BeamGuy
FemaleScientist
FemaleScientist4
ZombieScientist
ZombieScientist2
T667TWO_Zombie
HazmatZombie
SegwayZombie
ZombieScientistPlasma
ZombieScientistHeadless
FemaleScientist2
FemaleScientist3
ZombieScientist3
ZombieScientist4
StealthFighter
JetpackZombie

ShotgunGuy Replacers:
ASGGuy
SuicideBomber
PlasmaZombie
QuadShotgunZombie
femalerail
FemaleSergeant
RapidFireTrooper
RifleGuy
ZombieMarine
ZombieRailgunner
FormerRanger
FormerRanger2
ShadowTrooper
UndeadHunter
HornedImp

DoomImp Replacers:
Beast2
Snake2
Shadow
Catharsi
Ghoul
Hellion
Vulgar
Nightshade
SoulHarvester
QuakeFodder
Squire
Roach
Agaures
GhostlyAgaures
Devil
cyberImp
STImp
VoidImp
ImpAbomination
PyroImp
SlimeImp
SnakeImp
FlyingImp
SuperFlyingImp
LesserMutant
SpiritImp
SuperImp
Illus
RocketImp
NamiDarkImp
NetherDarkImp
STDarkImp
VoidDarkImp
PhaseImp
DarkDevil

ChaingunGuy Replacers:
DoubleChaingunGuy
SSGZombie
BFGGuy
FreezeRifleGuy
Minigunner
ChaingunDemon
RifleCommando
SniperRifleGuy
UndeadPriest
ChaingunMajor
HeavyCarbineGuy
SMGGuy
PNZombie
SonicRailgunZombie
SawedOffShotgunGuy
RocketGuy
HansGrosse
TentacledCommando
Uberchain
UnmakerGuy

Demon Replacers:
Mummy2
Satyr
Centaur2
Clink2
Ettin2
MaulerDemon
PlasmaDemon
BloodDemonClone
SlimeWorm
BlindPinky
Butcher
CyberFiend
DemonDog
StoneDemon
Juggernaut
ChainmailEttin
NetherworldDrone
StoneImp
Skeleton
IceGolem
TeenWorm

Spectre Replacers:
NightmareDemon
MummyGhost2
NightmareSpectre
Juggernaut2
Satyr2
BloodDemonClone2
BlindPinky2
Butcher2
NetherworldDrone2
Centaur3
Clink3
Ettin3
StoneImp2
skeleton2
SlimeWorm2
IceGolem2
StoneDemon2
CyberFiend2

LostSoul Replacers:
HiddenSoul
HS
PsychicSoul
HereticImp2
FireDemons
Bad
Blot
ESoul
PoisonSoul
Fleshspawn
ForgottenOne
Phantasm
Terror
Rictus

Cacodemon Replacers:
EnhancedCacodemon
Aracnorb
Infernal
Agathodemon
Watcher
MeleeWizard
Wicked
Bishop2
BabyCaco
BloodSkull
CacolanternClone
CacoLich1
HereticDarkImp
Fallen
PlaugeImp
DemonWizard
PyroSuccubusFly
LaserShark
FlyingFatso
FFPlasma
FFSlime

PainElemental Replacers:
DESentinel
Helemental
Afrit
Wraith2
CrackoDemon
ChaosWyvern
Defiler
PlasmaElemental
Inferno
RotWraith
TorturedSoul
Weakener
Hierophant
Disciple
Nosferati

Hellknight Replacers:
HellWarrior
HellsFury
HellGuard
ImpWarlord
Medusa
invwar

Baronofhell Replacers:
Cybruiser
LordOfHeresy
HellstormArchon
BelphegorClone
Cyberbaron
WarlordOfHell
DeepOne
ProfaneOne
Queen
Phantom
ShadowBeast
CyberWeaponsDude

Fatso Replacers:
Corpulent
HectebusClone
IronLich2
Infested
Haedexebus
IceLich
Incubus
GreaterIncubus

Revenant Replacers:
ArcherKnight
MeleeRevenant
GhostRevenant
IceGuy2
RevGhoul
LavaDemon
BeamRevenant
Incarnate
Demon11
Demon22
RedDemon

Archvile Replacers:
Diabloist
XWizard
TornadoDemon
ArchieJr
DivineShadow

Arachnotron Replacers:
Arachnophyte
Arachnobaron
CGunSpider
Aracknight
FusionSpider
RailArachnotron

SpiderMastermind Replacers:
AracnorbQueen
Demolisher
CyberMastermind
ArachnotronMK2
DeathKnight
Overlord

Cyberdemon Replacers:
Sorcerer1a
Minotaur2
Terminator
Superdemon
Liquidator
Maephisto
Annihilator
MegaSegwayZombie
ArchonOfHell
BruiserDemon
PyroDemon

WolfensteinSS Replacers:
WolfGuard
WolfSS
WolfOfficer
WolfMutant
FakeHitler
HansGrosse

Miscellaneous Replacers:
Swarm
EyeEx
EyePoison
EyeSpider
EyeBat
SpiderImpHead
Trite
Tentacle1
Tentacle2
SentientGlowingMushroom
StoneImpHidden1
StoneImpHidden2
StoneImpHidden3
StoneImpHidden4
TeslaCoil
GemTurret
SentientMushroom
Hornet

Also I've thought about adding options to summon any monster from the menu.

It's just going to take a lot of work to add everything. Especially if I also add summonfriend.

Spoiler

Here's an example how it would work spawnanymonster.wad

If you load this with the monster randomizer there should be "Spawn Any Monster" in the Replacer settings menu.

This is only a test, so currently it only has the regular monsters.

If I'll do it, it won't happen right now.

I'm currently not really working on this. This requires too much time. But I will jump back in to this at some point for sure!

Edited by plynthus

On 5/31/2020 at 10:47 PM, plynthus said:

Also I've thought about adding options to summon any monster from the menu.

It's just going to take a lot of work to add everything. Especially if I also add summonfriend.

hi again. thanks for the previous post. yes, "summonfriend" worked flawlessly with regular monsters. many many thanks for it and the list of monsters that could be "summonfriend". regarding the work, i thank you in advance for it.

i don't know any programming at all, nor do i know the complexity of the decoration programming in your mod. i am only an amateur using jedit text editor, but perhaps the following steps may give ideas to make the work easier by adding "summonfriend" coding to many monsters at once.

---------- before ----------

in the same directory:

file1.txt:
mary.
lucy.
john.

file2.txt:
brindaban.
mary.
laura.

---------- steps ----------

using jedit text editor
go to search > find:
search for = ry.
replace with = ry.\nrichard.
text=[select]
search in = directory
regular expressions = [tick]
filter = *.txt
directory = (file1.txt and file2.txt directory)
click button "replace all"

---------- result ----------

file1.txt:
mary.
richard.
lucy.
john.

file2.txt:
brindaban.
mary.
richard.
laura.

saibog

Thank you for your example. I'm actually new at this kind of stuff. I've been learning as I go.

So what you just wrote, is all new to me as well. And I really can't tell if would it work that way.

But I don't think my way is going to be that bad after all. It's just a lot of text. But mostly copying and pasting.

I did this another test today, and it didn't take long at all.

monsterspawnmenu.wad(better to use this without the monster randomizer)

It adds a menu in which you can spawn any of the original monsters("summon" and "summonfriend").

This could work in the randomizer as well.

For example:

1. choose a submenu for "spawn a monster" or "spawn a friendly monster"

2. choose a submenu for "regular monsters", "zombieman replacers", "shotgunguy replacers" etc.

3. choose the monster you want to spawn.

I'd also add an optional shortcut to open the menu directly by press of a button. The same way I already have for "Replacer Settings". So it'd be little more convenient.

Edited by plynthus

I forgot the Miscellaneous Replacers from the list of monsters.

Here they are:

Swarm
EyeEx
EyePoison
EyeSpider
EyeBat
SpiderImpHead
Trite
Tentacle1
Tentacle2
SentientGlowingMushroom
StoneImpHidden1
StoneImpHidden2
StoneImpHidden3
StoneImpHidden4
TeslaCoil
GemTurret
SentientMushroom
Hornet

I'll also update the earlier post. I hope that's everything now. I'm pretty sure EyeSpider, EyeBat and Tentacle2 are unused normally. But they came with the other ones so they can still be spawned.

for some reason, the .pk3 file turns into a .zip file, and idk how to resolve this.

Edited by DawnFall

A new update with the added monsters and some fixing/tweaking/balancing is now available.
The main download link is now updated.

VIDEO UPDATE

Also I didn't add the "spawn any monster" menus on this update.
I just randomly got inspired to add more monsters, and editing them ended up taking so much time.

But hopefully next time.

On 1/19/2021 at 7:02 PM, DawnFall said:

for some reason, the .pk3 file turns into a .zip file, and idk how to resolve this.

On 1/23/2021 at 1:39 AM, DawnFall said:

its possible to add more monsters in these? not you, but me, just downloandig, extract... etc

Sorry for late reply.

Is the .pk3 file inside the .zip file if you unzip it?

If not then maybe you just need to change the filename extension from .zip to .pk3

I have no idea why it would happen though. The download should be .pk3

And yes, it's possible for you to add monsters to it.

But if you've never done stuff like that before. It can be hard to figure out what's wrong, if something doesn't work right.

There are already so many monsters, so there's often conflicts with file names, actor names and such.

For example two different monsters have a same name for a sprite. In which case the game would only load one of those sprites for both.

But you'll learn if you really want to do it. 

Edited by plynthus

On 8/17/2021 at 2:44 AM, AzaryDoom2020 said:

Thanks for nice custom monsters! How about add QUAKE monsters into Doom games! 

I haven't created these monsters myself. Most of the monsters are from Realm667.

I only edit them a little bit(mainly stats and behaviour). Some more than others. But stuff like creating sprites, sounds and such isn't something I could do well at all.

I do like the idea of having Quake monsters in Doom form. But haven't seen them available anywhere.

Thanks for the suggestion.

New update. There's also been couple smaller ones between this and my last post.

VIDEO UPDATE

Spoiler

-added new monster replacers for:

Lost Soul:
  ImpBat, GiantBat and Harpy

(ImpBat and GiantBat have "sleeping" variants in the code. I tried adding them as decoration object replacers. But they would always spawn on the floor instead of ceiling like Hangman. Couldn't get them to work right. So for now they're disabled.)

Cacodemon:
  BloodGhost

Arachnotron:
  ZombiePlasmaTank

-updated these monsters(with the actual updates from Realm667):

SlimeWorm
(visuals, sounds and behaviour. this one I added as a variant for the older version. but I updated the sounds of the older version as well. because the new ones are much better in my opinion.)

RotWraith
(visuals, sounds and behaviour. plus added RotWraithBuried variant as a decoration object replacer for "BigTree")

SuperDemon
(visuals and behaviour.)

-added an option to disable arch-vile replacers being able to resurrect dead monsters.
(only few of them can do that anyway. but because there are so many different monsters it's hard to keep track which ones can do stuff like resurrect others.)

-added some missing monsters when using the "monster mixer" settings.

-updated a decoration replacer "swarm(swarm of flies that burst out of a dead body)" to always replace the dead monsters with correct dead body.
(it used to replace dead player, dead demon, dead imp, dead zombie man and dead shotgunguy all with a random dead body.)

-Cleaned up a lot of the code in Miscellaneous.txt and Menus.txt.
(won't effect gameplay at all. but it's easier to understand if you want to edit the mod)

-made zscript actors their own .txt lumps instead of having them all in one.
(also doesn't affect gameplay)

VDP-NeutralMonsters.pk3 was also updated for these changes.

To anyone who downloaded the latest version(July 16th):

If you're ever planning to use other mods with it.
Please re-download it.

I had removed a line of code which I thought was meaningless.
But when I tried to load it with autoloads on. All the monsters were default ones.
So it has some compatibility issues which shouldn't be there.
It's fixed now.

Really sorry about this one.

(VDP-NeutralMonsters.pk3 didn't have this problem)

Edited by plynthus

1 hour ago, whatup876 said:

Good to see an update.

I specially love that Plasma tank zombie.

Glad to hear you that from you. Yeah I liked it too. That was the first one I downloaded and messed around with before I decided to do an update.
It's also good because Arachnotron doesn't have too many replacers.
I also really like the updated monsters as well. Like SuperDemon's new sprites and attacks make it much nicer in my opinion.

EDIT: This is fixed now!
If you see "July 17th 2022 version" in the replacer settings menu then you have the fixed version.

This was the problem with earlier versions:

Okay apparently there also is a problem with Map Specials with newer versions of GZDOOM.

The same problem happens even with the older versions of this mod. So no need to avoid downloading the new one.

details:

Spoiler

The specials like kill all Barons in E1M8 and all kill Mancubus in MAP07.
My old workaround used to work with all the replacers.
Now it seems that once you kill all monsters of specific type the Map Special triggers.

For example if Mancubus is replaced by two other monster types on top of the original.
The map special will trigger(the walls lower) once you kill all monsters of any of those three types.

I'm using GZDOOM 4.7.0 which has been available for almost a year. Haven't noticed this until now.
And I also tried with the latest one.

I have to go backwards try different versions, and try to figure out which GZDOOM update made this happen.
And then see if I figure out how to fix it.

I'm not going to have a lot of time in the coming days, but hopefully it's not too hard to fix.

Maybe at some point soon I'll add an option to disable automatic Map Specials.
Because you can trigger them manually from "REPLACER SETTINGS" menu.

Current code for Map07 Mancubus Special looks like this:

Script "Map07Fatso" open
{
    int mnam = GetLevelInfo (LEVELINFO_LEVELNUM);
    if (mnam == 07)
   int mcluster = GetLevelInfo (LEVELINFO_CLUSTERNUM);
    if (mcluster == 6)
   {
   While(ThingCount(T_NONE, 12124) > 0)
        Delay(64);
       Floor_LowerToLowest(666, 8);

}
}

All the monsters still spawn with correct TID(in this case 12124). So no idea why it wouldn't work.

Edited by plynthus

One more update for now.

No new monsters this time. But this increases compatibility with a lot of wads that use more advanced map formats.

Details:

Spoiler

July 20th:
-Improved compatibility with more advanced map formats.

For example all Map Specials now work correctly using WadSmoosh.

Map specials are now checked from MAPINFO(huge thanks to Blue Shadow and Player701 for all the answers I needed in ZDoom forum / Scripting.), as well as which special action is used. Instead of only checking cluster and map number(which worked perfect on official games and vanilla maps).

Also I used to give TIDs(thing ID/Tag) to Baron, Cyberdemon, Mastermind, Mancubus and Arachnotron replacers to get the map specials to work. Those aren't needed anymore, which also should improve compatibility in more advanced map formats.

Also removed A_BOSSDEATH from every monster that had it. So no accidental triggering of Map Specials should happen anymore.

-Fixed "Reset to defaults" possibly causing problems with other mods settings.
With Custom Doom all settings got messed up when I used VDP's reset to defaults.
That was a recent mistake and is now fixed.

-Removed "LookAllAround" flag from BruiserDemon.
As a strong Cyberdemon replacer it could cause very unfair situations depending on map.

-Added the latest monsters to CCARDS.txt lump(Corruption Cards mod compatibility by Someone64.)

This change also makes this mod work only on GZDoom 4.7.0 or newer.
If you're using an older one you can load this with the main mod file:
VDP-OldGZ_Compatibility.pk3

VDP-NeutralMonsters was also updated.

dude listen i have problem with one of ur powerups

every mod that i picked/used, its just Berserks tbh. Is this suppose to happen or was this a bug?

15 minutes ago, KP_SapphireMK2 said:

every mod that i picked/used, its just Berserks tbh. Is this suppose to happen or was this a bug?

• Which version of GZDoom are you using (Latest 4.8.2)
  • Is there an error made when you add the mod?
  • Which launcher do you use?
  • Which version of the mod do you use?
  • Which OS are you on?

1 hour ago, KP_SapphireMK2 said:

Power-ups also are rarely/randomly replaced by new power-ups. So berserk being affected by this mod is intended.

But maybe a different mod load order could fix it. Whichever mod you load last should overwrite the previous mod in cases like this.

Like when both mods try to replace the same object by a different thing. The mod that was loaded after will be the one to replace it.