Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

please god never play this

Map Description

I tested this map with GZDoom

Anythings allowed.

This is a single level, map 01 of hell on earth.

1996598376_bandicam2019-05-2214-47-12-585.jpg.1ca3630b9e0d605b53b3034d0d7bd7ce.jpg198809583_bandicam2019-05-2214-47-21-770.jpg.1901ad349a404604003aabff0ec5f161.jpg

Hopefully this is good enough for a description.

FirstMapByCarter.zip

Edited by carter

I cant tell if your being serious in this map. Innocent start, looked pretty good for a starter map. But after the blue key theres a room that of what I saw had a spider mastermind, a cybie or two, a fuck ton of revenants, same with hell knights and barons as well. Keep in mind I had little bullets & shells for the two mediocre weapons I had. If this isnt serious. Stop. If it is serious, please reconsider making maps of this calibre.

Edited by Rhebiz

1 minute ago, Rhebiz said:

I cant tell if your being serious in this map. Innocent start, looked pretty good for a starter map. But after the blue key theres a room that of what I saw had a spider mastermind, a cybie or two, a fuck ton of revenants, same with hell knights and barons as well. Keep in mind I had little bullets & shells for the two mediacre weapons I had. If this isnt serious. Stop. If it is serious, please reconsider making maps of this calibre.

im no mapper but you should try finishing a level before making it

It's Doom 2 Map 01 and appears to be some sort of ZDoom format.

The map itself is extremely minimal, pretty much just an exercise in basic Doom builder mechanics. It's short enough not to be annoying; I suggest you continue to make your first several maps short so that people will actually play them and give valuable feedback.

There are sufficient supplies, but they are all hidden in secrets. Without secrets, there's no way you get in the room with the rocket launcher and soul spheres. But even if you do, there are very few rockets, so you're battling a Mastermind and a bunch of mid-tiers with shotgun and pistol.

20 minutes ago, HAK3180 said:

It's Doom 2 Map 01 and appears to be some sort of ZDoom format.

The map itself is extremely minimal, pretty much just an exercise in basic Doom builder mechanics. It's short enough not to be annoying; I suggest you continue to make your first several maps short so that people will actually play them and give valuable feedback.

There are sufficient supplies, but they are all hidden in secrets. Without secrets, there's no way you get in the room with the rocket launcher and soul spheres. But even if you do, there are very few rockets, so you're battling a Mastermind and a bunch of mid-tiers with shotgun and pistol.

24 minutes ago, unpleasantmarine said:

im no mapper but you should try finishing a level before making it

I did finish it because of secrets, and also this is proving how bad I am at map making, so.. whoops.

Edited by carter1027 : forgot some words

41 minutes ago, unpleasantmarine said:

dont mean to sound like how people who say this usually sound. but you should read

and edit your post

crap

24 minutes ago, Rhebiz said:

I cant tell if your being serious in this map. Innocent start, looked pretty good for a starter map. But after the blue key theres a room that of what I saw had a spider mastermind, a cybie or two, a fuck ton of revenants, same with hell knights and barons as well. Keep in mind I had little bullets & shells for the two mediocre weapons I had. If this isnt serious. Stop. If it is serious, please reconsider making maps of this calibre.

Wasn't on purpose, and i'm gonna try and make another level and have it not be hell on earth on nightmare mode with only fists.

for anyone wondering: this WAD appears to be zdoom compatible only. it won't run on vanilla and the first door doesn't open on non zdoom-derived ports (probably uses hexen/UDMF functions)

any way, very basic map. monster encounters in the first part of the map in particular aren't very interesting, being forced to attack you in single-file through cramped hallway. you could make it more engaging by building this part slightly larger and create multiple branching paths, so that it's shaped more like a maze than a straight path. thatwould let Monster he flank and trap you better, and finally bring higher challenge ;)

On 5/22/2019 at 4:11 PM, Rhebiz said:

There is a secret with a plasma rifle and some ammo in a random wall, you have to use monster infighting to beat it, its still pretty bad.

16 hours ago, Sir Hattington said:

There is a secret with a plasma rifle and some ammo in a random wall, you have to use monster infighting to beat it, its still pretty bad.

What do you expect from a first wad?

1 hour ago, carter1027 said:

What do you expect from a first wad?

Citizen Cane ... a sled named Rosebud and all!