Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMer 4ever

Intrested in playtesting?

I have four levels ready in my upcoming wad. If you're intrested to have a look at it before I upload it maybe next week I could e-mail it to you tomorrow (I'm at the school right now).

You could try it out and say what you think, and even make suggestions about texturing, lights and everything that can be changed. Or you could just play it and enjoy :)

Just type your e-mail address in your post if you want me to send the wad. That way it's much easier for me to collect the addresses.

It's an ordinary single player wad. And by the way, it's for Doom 2.
This is my first wad, so don't expect it to be the best wad in the world, but I'm still very satisfied. And my little brother said it's worth at least 8 out of 10.

More e-mails!

Oh, one more thing: it needs a port, at least zdoom will do fine, and i've tested it with it. The fourth map is too big? for doom engine, you'll get weird graphic errors. In legacy you get a few missing textures, but it's still fully playable.

Okay, I'm back. I included the sixth level of my wad, since it's almost done, but i put it in as map05, so there should be onother map between map04 and 05.

I included a new weapon too, the maschinegun from half-life. You don't have to use it if you don't want to, but it does make gameplay easier, because it's firerate is quicker.

It doesn't have any difficulty settings, at least not yet. I may include them later if someone wants me to.

And one more thing, if you don't know what to do in the first map (maybe it's a bit too hard to figure that out) I will tell you here what to do. SO DON'T READ THIS IF YOU WANT TO TRY TO FIND IT YOURSELF: run to the house and in to the kitchen. There is a red fireplace, open it and shoot the fire in it. Now the bookshelf in the living room opens and reveals a secret room with shotgun, keycard, armor and ammo.

Edit: And post if you didn't get the e-mail, I suck in this e-mail and internet stuff.

just a couple of HOM's i found in level 2

1 main area slime shoot, stand next to the soul sphear and look at the slime shoot.

2 at the docks, head tword the lift and you cant miss it.

DooMer 4ever said:

Edit: And post if you didn't get the e-mail, I suck in this e-mail and internet stuff.

I haven't received it. Did you delete the "NOSPAM" from the address I gave?

Grazza said:

I just forwarded it to ya.

Grazza said:

heh, actually I didn't. I just copied all the addresses and sent the e-mail :)

Cyrez said:

just a couple of HOM's i found in level 2

1 main area slime shoot, stand next to the soul sphear and look at the slime shoot.

2 at the docks, head tword the lift and you cant miss it.

I didn't know about the first HOM, I'll try to get rid of it. But I knew the second one and I've tried to repair it, but it doesn't seem to work :( I only get more errors if I try to do something about it.

The map 02 was the first level I ever made in my life, btw.

some good stuff in here. the first map was a little bland IMO. but the rest had some good stuff in it. some good traps and puzzles. health seemed a little sparse, but maybe thats cuz I suck and get hit too much. I liked the train cars a lot. I ran it on zdoom and the latest legacy. I got crashed in the second level in legacy. with zdoom it worked fine, except for a couple of HOMs.

Little Faith said:

Which reminds me: Got any further with your Hex project Vileslay?

heh, not yet. I'm experimenting with scripting and other fx. I'm working on a DM map right now. PM me if you want to se it.

VileSlay said:

some good stuff in here. the first map was a little bland IMO. but the rest had some good stuff in it. some good traps and puzzles. health seemed a little sparse, but maybe thats cuz I suck and get hit too much. I liked the train cars a lot. I ran it on zdoom and the latest legacy. I got crashed in the second level in legacy. with zdoom it worked fine, except for a couple of HOMs.

Heh, I always thought that it had TOO MUCH health, well not in the fourth map, it's the hardest in the wad. Weird that it crashed on legacy, on my legacy it runs fine: both the latest legacy and some older version too.

Ps. I can still send you my wad, but a little later, when I go to school. Got no e-mail programme in my computer :)