Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZeMystic

Oops! All Techbase - Final Release! NOW ON IDGAMES!

4 minutes ago, NeedHealth said:

I am opening it as a resource, yes.

Alright well I'll check it out through doom builder 2 and get back to you

6 hours ago, nicolas monti said:

Working on map06 "sulfuric domains"

1559846714255816388763348611976.jpg

15598468415388033245392823400599.jpg

Love it! You're designs are so organic.

18 hours ago, xdarkmasterx said:

ok i've decided to make another level any way, i'll take map06 if someone hasn't already

Nicolas Monti take it.

@xxWeNxx really, episode 2 must be the lava episode at this moment lol

5 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Nicolas Monti take it.

@xxWeNxx really, episode 2 must be the lava episode at this moment lol

That will make it cohesive :)

17 hours ago, Egg Boy said:

Love it! You're designs are so organic.

Thanks, I don't enjoy making square sectors, I use them in some ocassions though, I also set the grid to 1 unit most of the time  so I can get my shapes freely.

Looks pretty cool, but aren't that flesh texture gives tutti-frutti effect on vanilla engine?

On 6/6/2019 at 5:21 PM, xdarkmasterx said:

ok i've decided to make another level any way, i'll take map06 if someone hasn't already

It has, do you want to take 8?

39 minutes ago, nicolas monti said:

Map06 sulfuric domains ready for playtesting

https://www.mediafire.com/file/g6en4bevz70b151/Sulfuric_domains00.wad/file

Screenshot_Doom_20190607_211344.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190607_211355.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190607_211338.png

https://www.mediafire.com/file/iffbp68xi1iv0b1/sulf.lmp/file

Blind run demo. Recorded with PrBoom+. Health is a tiny bit sparse and the sections behind the buildings in the dark room are cumbersome to move through. They should probably be wider. The Rad suits being through a opening that looks like you can step through is kind of annoying. If the player shouldn't move through it I'd put a grate there. The tiny door out of the dark room resulted in door fighting the Spectre hoard making them more of an obstacle than a threat. Don't know if that was intended. All of these are just first impressions. The layout and visuals seem good though.

6 hours ago, Super Mighty G said:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/iffbp68xi1iv0b1/sulf.lmp/file

Blind run demo. Recorded with PrBoom+. Health is a tiny bit sparse and the sections behind the buildings in the dark room are cumbersome to move through. They should probably be wider. The Rad suits being through a opening that looks like you can step through is kind of annoying. If the player shouldn't move through it I'd put a grate there. The tiny door out of the dark room resulted in door fighting the Spectre hoard making them more of an obstacle than a threat. Don't know if that was intended. All of these are just first impressions. The layout and visuals seem good though.

Thanks, I'll have all of this in consideration for a next version of the map, seems easy to "fix" I'll check your demo when at home.

Edited by nicolas monti

Some progress:

Automap.JPG.d0651e3cf75304fd977763412d60d6bc.JPGLayout.JPG.8243f826d1120f76b573d801f7695214.JPG

Some areas are incomplete, including the entire south-southeastern section.

On 6/7/2019 at 11:45 PM, Walter confetti said:

Looks pretty cool, but aren't that flesh texture gives tutti-frutti effect on vanilla engine?

This is a very valid point.

14 minutes ago, Angry Saint said:

This is a very valid point.

You can do it for vanilla, make a sector inside, at the middle height and use upper, middle and lower same texture, there you go.

there appears to be something wrong with ASHWALL2 texture in the texture pack (causes HOM). this is how it looks in editor

k6TK50T.png

but this is what it look like in game

Iiv9xJT.png

BTW, last level was re-uploaded (for some reason it didn't save with the music file)

13 minutes ago, xdarkmasterx said:

there appears to be something wrong with ASHWALL2 texture in the texture pack (causes HOM). this is how it looks in editor

k6TK50T.png

but this is what it look like in game

Iiv9xJT.png

BTW, last level was re-uploaded (for some reason it didn't save with the music file)

Is that prboom? I didn't have the problem but I tested the texture only with the map and the texturepack merged in one single wad.

Just now, nicolas monti said:

Is that prboom? I didn't have the problem but I tested the texture only with the map and the texturepack merged in one single wad.

this is chocolate doom. i loaded the resource wad as an addon (thought that, since the main WAD was going to have the textures any way, it would only be more work to take them out of mine)

6 minutes ago, xdarkmasterx said:

this is chocolate doom. i loaded the resource wad as an addon (thought that, since the main WAD was going to have the textures any way, it would only be more work to take them out of mine)

I've always had terrible problems with choco and extra textures, but sure there are other people here that knows more about chocolate doom.

8 hours ago, xdarkmasterx said:

my new level is finished tested on chocolate doom as usual :)

Map Name: Waste Processing

Music MIDI: D_MESSG2

File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h0glk2s5nfneqss/WASPROC.wad?dl=0

Credits: ZeMystic (textures)

Played on chocolate doom: Great map as always, very fun on HMP! The dark area is also very creative! Unfortunately I ran out of ammo after that, not being able to fight the pain elemental\revenants when backtracking to the central hub. I got the shellbox on that lift before going to the dark area, but It didn't helped. I think it needs a bit more of ammo near to the soulsphere.

3 minutes ago, Noiser said:

Played on chocolate doom: Great map as always, very fun on HMP! The dark area is also very creative! Unfortunately I ran out of ammo after that, not being able to fight the pain elemental\revenants when backtracking to the central hub. I grab the shellbox on that lift before going to the dark area, but It didn't helped. I think it needs a bit more of ammo near to the soulsphere.

huh, i could kill all monsters on UV and had much ammo to spare. there are a lot of shells in the dark toxic pit, perhaps u missed some down there, and as usual is much more bullets on easy and medium.

3 minutes ago, xdarkmasterx said:

huh, i could kill all monsters on UV and had much ammo to spare. there are a lot of shells in the dark toxic pit, perhaps u missed some down there, and as usual is much more bullets on easy and medium.

I don't know about UV... but that was my experience on HMP. I liked the map very much anyway.

2 minutes ago, Noiser said:

I don't know about UV... but that was my experience on HMP. I liked the map very much nonetheless.

ohhh XD maybe i should put some more ammo on that difficulty

EDIT: now there's a box of shells after yellow key path for easy/medium