Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZeMystic

Oops! All Techbase - Final Release! NOW ON IDGAMES!

4 hours ago, xdarkmasterx said:

there appears to be something wrong with ASHWALL2 texture in the texture pack (causes HOM). this is how it looks in editor

k6TK50T.png

but this is what it look like in game

Iiv9xJT.png

I have the same problem using the crispy doom and chocorenderlimits port, it appears to happen only with ASHWALL2, the other ASHWALLx textures works perfectly as well... It must be a problem from the texture pack.

Also I congratulate with you 2 guys since you are really fast on making maps! Anyway, i've just finished to copy that layout I scribbled quite some time ago, misses the thing placement...

Edited by Walter confetti

@xdarkmasterx played your map on UV, I liked it, I died many times in the dark room and I had just one rocket so I just ran into the yellowkey area bypassing the fight and then I returned afterwards before flipping the exit switch to finish the job, I also felt that the final fight is easily avoidable, I took the megasphere, (which I consider too much, having 200 points of armor at the end of a level for continuous play purposes) and then proceded to the exit without actually realising there were a pain elemental and revenants at the end, their closets seem to be far from the logical path the player would take.

I used some monster infighting but I think the ammo is ok, I'd put some rockets before the dark room though.

I enjoyed the map a lot anyway.

Edited by nicolas monti : Mispelling

29 minutes ago, nicolas monti said:

@xdarkmasterx played your map on UV, I liked it, I died many times in the dark room and I had just one rocket so I just ran into the yellowkey area bypassing the fight and then I returned afterwards before flipping the exit switch to finish the job, I also felt that the final fight is easily avoidable, I took the megasphere, (which I consider too much, having 200 points of armor at the end of a level for continuous play purposes) and then proceded to the exit without actually realising there were a pain elemental and revenants at the end, their closets seem to be far form the logical path the player would take.

I used some monster infighting but I think the ammo is ok, I'd put some rockets before the dark room though.

I enjoyed the map a lot anyway.

those monsters are just there so that you have something to fight when you backtrack, you can do the blue key doors in either order, and they will be harder to avoid for somebody who went the other way first anyway thanks for playing my map :)

EDIT: right i've decided to place an imp in front of the vent exit, so that you have to shoot him and trigger the other monsters behind the traps. also, some minor changes to level

Edited by xdarkmasterx

1 hour ago, xdarkmasterx said:

those monsters are just there so that you have something to fight when you backtrack, you can do the blue key doors in either order, and they will be harder to avoid for somebody who went the other way first anyway thanks for playing my map :)

EDIT: right i've decided to place an imp in front of the vent exit, so that you have to shoot him and trigger the other monsters behind the traps. also, some minor changes to level

Oh I see, it depends on the route you take, good idea to put something at the exit to delay the player, maybe some other monster would do it better, demons or a hellnight, also you can put some obstacle like a tall lowering sector you have to activate first inside the exit room so the exit switch is then revealed behing it. Just ideas.

Edited by nicolas monti

So I basically had to think creatively about making a plasma themed map. This is my rough idea so far:

Plasma01.png.b5c2bcb130ac4f80480e26f45cbed05c.png

Over-view of the map so far.

Plasma02.png.a31d2a9b1662eb1bc85b8dc3d29f5fa6.png

B O X E S

Plasma03.png.dda365478e37c8e0801bdf6672fcc045.png

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY HEALTH BONUS.

Plasma04.png.03e188f49a83a774de9ba29c56ae5b89.png

Stacked computer textures weirdly looks good. Also, 4 cell charge packs. ;)

Sooo yeah. Plasma Lab is coming along some-what nicely.

just don't get boned.

19 minutes ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Plasma04.png.03e188f49a83a774de9ba29c56ae5b89.png

Did you use a zero height sector in the middle of those textures? Just in case you don't get a tutti frutti in vanilla.

Great pics btw

Yes. I did test the map and so far I can't find any Tutti-Frutti errors so it's all good to go for now. Juuust wanna clean things up before I post my first beta release.

Map06: Sulfuric Domains update

https://www.mediafire.com/file/i73vzbvdzdmk7t9/Sulfuric+domains01.wad

- narrow corridors behind the buildings in dark room widened to ease navigation.

- added a stimpack and a medikit at "critical points"

- specter ambush optimized, now a threat instead of a delay (some chain events in the teleport room)

- a texture alignment and that's all.

Edited by nicolas monti

8 hours ago, HAK3180 said:

@ZeMystic, is SMGLASS a no then?

give me sec ill update it for you sorry about that, didnt see you say that my bad.

51 minutes ago, Super Mighty G said:

Admittedly I couldn't really think of a way to incorporate the Weapons Manufacturing theme without putting a million weapons everywhere.

put million of bodies everywhere. they obviously gone mad and shot each other, because GUNS ARE EVIL HAHAHAHA UAC fired them and hired cheap demons instead.

11 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Map name: Plasma Lab

Music MIDI: D_ROMER2 [TNT's MAP02]

File: http://www.mediafire.com/file/fknij21fu2wnl9h/Plasma+Lab.wad

Credits: All credits to whoever made the texture pack we had to use, ID games for the DooM Engine, whoever made TNT's music and extra credits to the plasma rifle.

Am I supposed to wall run from crates into the vent or is this just a really hard jump to the secret?

11 minutes ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Vent? The one in the storage room? No. It's just a bit of decoration.

the map was quite enjoyable. thanks.

4 hours ago, Mk7_Centipede said:

Am I supposed to wall run from crates into the vent or is this just a really hard jump to the secret?

I thought it was a secret too.

@DynamiteKaitorn I just played your level, it has some nice detail on it, visually pleasing, it was fun to play through, specially the part with all those revs, I also felt it was too short but I guess it is ok to have short maps too in a megawad.  Overall I enjoyed it.

EDIT: I ended the map with 436 cells, some cutting would be necessary for continuous play purposes.

Edited by nicolas monti

@DynamiteKaitorn I liked the map, but certain parts felt amateurish. Especially the cyber demon fight which is extremely easy because you get an extremely large amount of cover right next to the poor guy, who's trapped in a closet until you finish him off. The revenant fight was also easy, but mostly since you can stun lock them in the doorway they're supposed to come out of. I feel like the fight would be way better if some of them teleported behind you or something.

I can agree with much of Egg Boy's thoughts above. You never need to use anything other than plasma, and that not conservatively at all.

Speaking of carrying ammo over, the original post says the maps should be beatable from pistol start. Are we supposed to care about continuous play? It seems not, as ZeMystic has not mentioned anything about what level slots can have what weapons, etc.

10 hours ago, HAK3180 said:

I can agree with much of Egg Boy's thoughts above. You never need to use anything other than plasma, and that not conservatively at all.

Speaking of carrying ammo over, the original post says the maps should be beatable from pistol start. Are we supposed to care about continuous play? It seems not, as ZeMystic has not mentioned anything about what level slots can have what weapons, etc.

Without a guideline I made map06 without BFG and map09 with it, it seemed reasonable at least. I'm more worried about the "excess" of ammo and armor at the end of some levels.

Edited by nicolas monti

12 hours ago, HAK3180 said:

You never need to use anything other than plasma, and that not conservatively at all.

That's the whole point of the map.

I'll be taking the advice to clean up the map, I have thought of a few good ideas recently so I'll add them. Let's just say the final room wont be so easy. ;)

On 6/10/2019 at 7:50 PM, xdarkmasterx said:

i found out what is wrong with ASHWALL2: it was first entry into the pnames lump, causing missing texture. this version should work https://www.dropbox.com/s/bjd1l0id7visqav/Oops!AllTextures.wad?dl=0

hopefully i dind't break anything this is my first time modifying the pnames and texturex manually :p

I updated the textures with the fix.