Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZeMystic

Oops! All Techbase - Project Thread

Posted (edited)

I know that I will stole the slot to another guy that wanted to do something here, but I like to take a shot to the MAP04 slot that XLightingStormL ceased recently, if possible... Since I've seen on OP post that Deadline is moved to October 1st, I will work on that for September...

13 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

I know that I will stole the slot to another guy that wanted to do something here, but I like to take a shot to the MAP04 slot that XLightingStormL ceased recently, if possible... Since I've seen on OP post that Deadline is moved to October 1st, I will work on that for September...

Trying to cut my grass, smh.

On a serious note, having played a few of his maps, Walter is going to make something 50x better than what I will. So keep that in mind when bestowing your favour :P.

it's great to see that people still enthusiastic about this project! techbases FTW!

sorry for offtopic, just felt that i have to say that we, ordinary people that cannot map, watchig this closely and waiting (almost) patiently. ;-)

Posted (edited)
On 7/28/2019 at 6:28 AM, dybbuk said:

Who wants the MAP26 slot? If I kept it I'll have to completely redo it but I have so much stuff coming up plus I work 12 hour days 6 days a week. I really wanted to but even if I had time made out some day soon I need to sharpen my map skills to be able to belong regardless

i didnt even know there was anything wrong with the map.  that stuff was amazing imo.  <3 Im happy to have played it.

Playing it backwards was awfully neat too imo. 

I regret to inform that I'm dropping out of this community project due to mappers block and lack of interest in Doom mapping.

I still have a small incomplete version of the map I started two months so if anyone wants to take over and finish it, knock yourself out.

Oopsphilmap3incomplete.zip

consider shadow sphere as "symphatetic and thankful, choose what you like, or both". ;-)

4 hours ago, Philnemba said:

I regret to inform that I'm dropping out of this community project due to mappers block and lack of interest in Doom mapping.

I still have a small incomplete version of the map I started two months so if anyone wants to take over and finish it, knock yourself out.

Oopsphilmap3incomplete.zip

Assuming @Walter confetti doesn't want two nukage maps (:P), and assuming the host is cool with new mappers... I'll snake this one.

Hey! So I've been tossing around a few ideas for a title pic in my head, and I though it may be cool to reference the album cover of MM.. FOOD by MF DOOM. Here's a little mock up I made. (Note: most of this image is traced directly from the reference, the actual product will simply be based off it) I apologize for the shoddy art, it's just a concept.

concept.png

106536839_oopsnoshade.png.d110aa99751220a966ca1f78c0056272.png

Here's the final line work with the proper colors. Basically, all I need is to shade it. I'm not the best with shading, so if anyone is interested please tell me, otherwise I'll try to do it myself.

Really cool and funny picture!

Not completely find of that doomguy arm... Even if the style is pretty cartoon-ish, i think it needs a little bit of detail for me...

Edited by Walter confetti

20 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Really cool and funny picture!

Not completely find of that doomguy arm... Even if the style is pretty cartoon-ish, i think it needs a little bit of detail for me...

Yeah, in the reference it's a sweater sleeve, but I wanted to keep that noodle look that it has, so I'm not completely sure how to add detail since applying anatomy to a noodle arm would look a bit odd.