G01000011

Dynamic lighting problem in GZDoom 4.1.1 x64

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I'm making a map and was testing in GZDoom 3.5.0 x64, things looked like this:

Screenshot_Doom_20190525_143107.png.e0236b1279347135df83b2849eed8583.png

Now upon testing in GZDoom 4.1.1 x64 I get this:

Screenshot_Doom_20190525_143028.png.486e5f706c031468052fe3df752b224a.png

Is there something I'm missing? I have the same options selected on both.

Thanks.

As a first step, I'd suggest upgrading to 4.1.2 (the latest release) and seeing if the issue perseveres. 

Also, are you running the new Vulkan renderer?

Hi Bauul. It's still doing it in 4.1.2B x64. I'm just using 'Hardware Accelerated', I've tried Vulkan and it does the same. I'm going to try and edit a copy of the level, in this area there are negative dynamic lighting spots to make darkness. Also I want this to work when I release it on the latest version.

Posted (edited)

I meant to say Subtractive lighting. Somehow the older version was registering as fine on a cranked up RGB setting, then the new one was resgistering it for what it is. I tweaked the values down and it seems to be all right now in both, so I don't know what 3.5.0 x64 was up to? Thanks.

On 5/25/2019 at 10:21 AM, G01000011 said:

I meant to say Subtractive lighting. Somehow the older version was registering as fine on a cranked up RGB setting, then the new one was resgistering it for what it is. I tweaked the values down and it seems to be all right now in both, so I don't know what 3.5.0 x64 was up to? Thanks.

Did you try adjusting Sector Lighting? That makes a huge difference if its on Dark. I prefer on Doom or Standard.

Hi BeezIe. I always have it set to Doom. It seems to be all right now with an edit made to the lights. There were Subtractive lights at 900 on RGB. I set these and the radius down and it seems to be good now. I just don't understand how the older version was presenting it as lower?