Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TacPep

The Mansion (Classic Style Doom 2 WAD)

Hello everyone!

This is my first attempt at mapping, and frankly, I don't know if it is any good. It features custom music created by "The Leviathan's Music" on YouTube.

I used vanilla Doom 2 assets and designed the map so that it can be played without jumping/crouching, but freelook can be very helpful at times. I tried to create a "classic" style map here, which has a mansion-type theme. The map is rather short and action-packed. Playing on UV is recommended. Feedback is very welcome!

You will find screenshots and a link to the WAD below. Have a great day!

Download link (with key!)

Game: Doom 2

Level: MAP01

Difficulty: Best played on UV. It shouldn't be too hard.

Software: Doom Builder 2.1.2.1553

Compatibility: Tested with GZDoom, but should run on any port. 

Credits: The Leviathan's Music - link to the track used:

Hall.png

TowardsBlueDoor.png

GorePillars.png

PraiseTheChainsaw.png

ThePit.png

Edited by Lord Gaelish : Key for the MEGA link was missing.

4 minutes ago, Odorousbag87 said:

Hey, what is the decryption key for the map? 

I completely forgot, sorry! It should work now.

I liked it however, a lot of it felt generated at times. But I could tell by the layout it wasn't. Additionally, I really liked the general feel of this wad and progression. Until the end when I had a cold BFG. I only shot it once. I think a gotchya or maybe a couple of barons at the end would be a great finisher and give me a reason to pull out the old BFG. Keep it up! 

Not bad for your first map. The buttons were a little iffy; like the ones that didn't do anything. And there is a room you can get stuck in if you don't open a large door first (activated by the button near the Chainsaw).

The BFG felt wasted because I had to clear out most of the enemies before I got to it. I liked the secret Wolfenstein reference, and the other two secrets (armor and health) were decently placed.