Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wallabra

[simple MAP01] The Processor

The Relaxed Afternoon Mapping with You line of garbagedelishes presents...

---------== The Processor ==---------

Screenshot_Doom_20190521_151623.png.3298934009823b3d75567cee8df93a34.pngScreenshot_Doom_20190527_024519.png.5cc68c4607111e6051c3637697a8a57e.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190521_151650.png.eb42b1dae84bf5b13643f55173cd312c.pngScreenshot_Doom_20190521_151710.png.7aefca14e3c6b3d5a6c88fab2ae98e58.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190521_151726.png.939694e6577ef60661d316f63b66c38c.pngScreenshot_Doom_20190527_024636.png.b9346f23c29a8034469866c2ea1adbdf.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190521_151630.png

• Tested with PRBoom+ and GZDoom
  • Difficulty settings implemented
  • IWAD: Doom II
  • Map: MAP01
  • You're not supposed to jump, but I won't stop you because I'm a good boi =)

This is a relaxed sorta techbase type map I made with a bit of insipration. Now it's available here: TheProcessor.wad.zip

Hello, so i played your wad, and i must say that i was a little bit confused about the exit of the level being so...easy to find..i got 55% of total of killing monsters...so maybe i got it too fine and past trought it easily? Either way, you keep going ;) Cheers!

Yes. You skipped several secrets and side areas. Nonetheless, I liked your video, ficou bom! =)

It's a helpful insight in terms of how someone would play their first time around the map. Enjoyable!

Hey Johnny! Yes, it's that same old Gustavo that used to be controversial and edgy. I look back at my past and cringe. Just like they used to tell me I would! I wonder how...

Anyways,

• I see you missed half of the secrets. They hold many of the gimmicks I find interesting, though I realize it wasn't very intuitive to find most of them.
  • The Eureka map editor makes it tiresome to deal with texture alignment, so I thought a bit of it would maybe break the boredness of tiling. Turns out it only worsens the map, and makes it feel amateurish.
  • The map is short, as I did it on a short Twitch stream, though I did improve it a bit prior to releasing.
  • I focused in the non-linearity, though I agree I focused a bit too much on that.

I have more in mind, though. It has been a good while since I last mapped, but don't worry, I will release something interesting soon! =)

And thanks for taking a look at my map! I really appreciate it; it's easy to underestimate the help people like you wind up becoming for us, mappers, when we have to know what exactly to keep in mind in future projects =)

EDIT: I also note that this is meant to be a simplistic map. I made it to relax myself and to have a project that wasn't boring old code. Maybe I went a bit overboard with that... hmm...

Edited by Gustavo6046

Very strange map, almost feels like something out of ALT. The progression is weird and the level design is quite cramped. You know what, I liked it, though. It was a short little romp and almost felt like a puzzle map. Fun stuff, simple, but fun. There were a few misaligned textures and other common mistakes.

On 5/30/2019 at 3:42 PM, Egg Boy said:

the level design is quite cramped.

That is the #1 issue I'm trying to fix in my map design. I think it's because I zoom a bit too much in Eureka (the map editor I use now because Linux. GZDB would ease things out, trust me.), or don't have much of a notion of how a length in the screen equates to a room size ingame. :P

I tried to balance the puzzle and the straightforwardness, which is why there are so many optional areas.

But thank you!