Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walter confetti

Deadly Standards 3 - a Episode 3 Community Project with a twist (idgames ready!)

Sign me up for E3M3 as I always wanted to participate a Doom 1 community project :) 

I'll sign up for E3M8, see what I can do with Doom 1's monsters.

12 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

hoping that this will not turn into a death of your mapping carrer like the last time lol

Hah! :P

This filled up surprisingly fast. Good luck to everyone involved!

7 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

Hah! :P

This filled up surprisingly fast. Good luck to everyone involved!

It helps that seven of the slots were filled in the Deadly Standards 2 thread before this thread was even posted.

Although it still took 10 hours to find the final 2.

I wanted to slap this out before I forgot. My idea of a start to e3m1 of Standard III. The whole map is made up of brigdes suspended in a void.

standard3_e3m1b.png

standard3_e3m1.png

Edited by NeedHealth

A very quick work on doombuilder. I'm currently working on the theme : a desertic non-egyptian temple. It's an underground part but I will use the sky. :)

doom394.png

doom395.png?width=974&height=609

Experiencing dark rocky landscapes.

Map progression so far goes shotgun, berserk(secret), chaingun(secret) and chaingun. This is the former.

standard3_d.png

STEP4 texture for emulate brick wall is a interesting choice, but it couldn't appear like a tutti-frutti feast with ports that tend to emulate vanilla doom, like chocolate doom for example? Still looks pretty cool the levels you and NeedHealth are cooking out...

I wonder what the other people are doing for this...

Alright, few questions:

1. What are these, exactly?

543375497_ScreenHunter_3089Jun_0407_49.jpg.70fd3135fa85b4d293b9ae2b7c484688.jpg

2. Since my map has to be based on my favorite IWAD map, do I have to copy paste the map's layout & then change things or do it from scratch?

Does it have to be my favorite level strictly from episode 3 of IWAD?

Those look like the intermission animated lumps, assuming they're using a static image for things so they're blanking it out with null images.

1 hour ago, The_SloVinator said:

Since my map has to be based on my favorite IWAD map, do I have to copy paste the map's layout & then change things or do it from scratch?

No, you have to do it from scratch, remaking it from memory. Here's a idea of how this concept works: 

Does it have to be my favorite level strictly from episode 3 of IWAD?

No, it could be from any game, actually it could be even from Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom, etc.

But if you want to stay strict with only Doom, it could be from any episode.

1 hour ago, Glaice said:

Those look like the intermission animated lumps, assuming they're using a static image for things so they're blanking it out with null images.

Exactly.

Just a heads up that i've started work on my map, i'll be showing off screenshots later this month but let's say I have a solid concept for it in my head. And I want to make a good first impression.

2 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

No, you have to do it from scratch, remaking it from memory. Here's a idea of how this concept works: 

No, it could be from any game, actually it could be even from Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom, etc.

But if you want to stay strict with only Doom, it could be from any episode.

Thanks. Though, do I have to use the exact textures & flats as my favorite map or I can freely play around with those?

26 minutes ago, The_SloVinator said:

Thanks. Though, do I have to use the exact textures & flats as my favorite map or I can freely play around with those?

From the OP, it sounds like you need to give it a hellish twist to make it fit with the visual style of the episode. So if you pick Underhalls, it would be blood and skintek instead of the regular water and pipes. That kind of thing.

2 hours ago, Alter said:

Just a heads up that i've started work on my map, i'll be showing off screenshots later this month but let's say I have a solid concept for it in my head. And I want to make a good first impression.

Awesome! Can't wait to see it!

Though, do I have to use the exact textures & flats as my favorite map or I can freely play around with those?

What Spectre01 said.

After careful consideration & life getting in the way recently, I'll have to unfortunately step out of this project. :/

My apologies for the inconvenience. Wish you all the best.

T_T well, if that's your decision, go on.

@ShadesMaster i'll give you this slot, if you are still interested in this project....

Edited by Walter confetti