Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walter confetti

Deadly Standards 3 - a Episode 3 Community Project with a twist (idgames ready!)

No, there's no problem! Take your time!

Anyway, i know that you're working on your akeldama map...

Hello , I'm working on a new map , I will share screens when the map will be nearly completed.

Ok... We'll wait to see what do you done of new instead of that STEP4 building you made... Or is the same map?

I regret to inform that I'm dropping out of this community project due to mappers block and lack of interest in Doom mapping.

I still have a small incomplete version of my map that I started two months ago although its just the starting room but I'll post it anyway so it wouldn't go to waste. 

DS3PhilE3M3incomplete.zip

I wasn't satisfied of my first idea . I didn't have the textures I needed to do what I wanted to do. Here is a rather atmospheric limit-removing level that I am preparing.

Here is a litte screen of a very wip area

doom441.png

EDIT : Another Angle of view

doom442.png

Looks really creepy, Roofi! Loving it!

@Philnemba sorry to hear that, I'll free your slot! If anyone wants to work and complete what Phil did please let me know!

I was also thinking about the @ShadesMaster map, are you still working on it or it is completed?

Edited by Walter confetti

45 minutes ago, Lord_Z said:

E3M2 would be fine. Is there any deadline I should try to have it done by?

Fine, you've got it.

And no, there's not a strict deadline, just when you finish your map. You can try by the end of the year, if you really want to have a deadline to work.

20 minutes ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

I just picked up Doom 1 on Steam, and am playing through it again for the first time in decades. If there's still a slot open, I'd love to participate! 

Good, you've got E3M3!

18 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Good, you've got E3M3!

Awesome, this should be fun.

You mentioned it has to be in limit-removing format. I'm fairly uneducated when it comes to the various formats and source ports, is there a specific port (or set of source ports) that I should be aiming to be compatible with? I'm just not sure what I should be using to test the map.

13 hours ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Awesome, this should be fun.

You mentioned it has to be in limit-removing format. I'm fairly uneducated when it comes to the various formats and source ports, is there a specific port (or set of source ports) that I should be aiming to be compatible with? I'm just not sure what I should be using to test the map.

For testing purposes, you can use Chocolate doom and above ports like Crispy Doom or boom -complevel 3

A limit-removing map is a map made in vanilla doom (Doom in doom format, according to doom builder options) but leaving any VPO or other vanilla doom bugs like slime trails and similar things

Sort of, is released as a alpha release still on the works (waiting for doing fixes on my map , NeedHealth fixings on our stuff at E2M5 and Primeval for the music. I read like 1 or 2 month ago on Facebook that Primeval had a incident with his musical equipment, saying that the music works will be take a little stop for now... I still have to ask him about it) as mentioned in the OP post

2 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Sort of, is released as a alpha release still on the works (waiting for doing fixes on my map , NeedHealth fixings on our stuff at E2M5 and Primeval for the music. I read like 1 or 2 month ago on Facebook that Primeval had a incident with his musical equipment, saying that the music works will be take a little stop for now... I still have to ask him about it) as mentioned in the OP post

We can always ask other composers to get some variety in music.

6 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

For testing purposes, you can use Chocolate doom and above ports like Crispy Doom or boom -complevel 3

A limit-removing map is a map made in vanilla doom (Doom in doom format, according to doom builder options) but leaving any VPO or other vanilla doom bugs like slime trails and similar things 

Thanks for the clarification!

18 hours ago, The_SloVinator said:

We can always ask other composers to get some variety in music.

Sure, if some of our musicians wants to do it, be our guest!

Yes, put at least the 4 players spawn spot for cooperative playing, I did in this way for my map in deadly standards 2.

If you want to add things placement only for spicing up things in coop play you are free to do it!

On 8/30/2019 at 10:10 AM, NeedHealth said:

Did anyone get around to playtest e3m1?

Hey, I just downloaded the available maps. I'll hopefully play through them today sometime, so I'll post my thoughts!

On 8/18/2019 at 2:31 AM, Walter confetti said:

Yes, put at least the 4 players spawn spot for cooperative playing, I did in this way for my map in deadly standards 2.

If you want to add things placement only for spicing up things in coop play you are free to do it!

Sounds good!

I just wanted to pop my head in and say, hello! I've been tinkering away at my map, but it's definitely taking longer than I anticipated. Just thought I'd let you guys know what was up, and share a screenshot of some of the progress.

deadlystandards_small2.png.03a0153182f0e1e38fe8517c7a7b4bc9.png

Looks pretty awesome RonnieJamesDiner!

And thanks for reviving this thread (a thing I should have did by myself, but I was busy with other stuff)!

Also this October I will be pretty busy with NaNoWadMo (and maybe other irl things), so I can't be that present on this thread... Anyway how's other people progress on their maps?

Thanks! And not a problem. I'm excited to see the results of NaNoWadMo, I'm sure there will be tons of awesome content to play when October is finished. Hope you have a ton of fun doing it! 

@NeedHealth

I took e3m1 for a test run, and really enjoyed it. It's short and sweet, not too difficult, and feels perfect as an opening to the episode. Some fun little fights and ambushes littered throughout. I also really liked the style of the hellish marble, and the massive abyss, both kind of engulfing and dismantling what I can only imagine was once a tech-sort of base. Didn't find any secrets, unfortunately!

I tested this with GZDoom. I tried loading the map with Chocolate Doom but it crashed instantly.

I noticed one little texture miss, when this wall comes down to reveal some Imps --

Spoiler

deadlystandards_e1m1.jpg.cefb1857e8c07c675b43f6f952e3f2cf.jpg

I am nearly finished my map and I hope to be posting it this weekend.

I also noticed the crash that RonnieJamesDiner mentioned. The new sky texture wad kills Chocolate Doom for whatever reason.