Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xanthier

DOOM REVIVAL : BEGINS NOW!!

Is it me or is there a new person on here everyday, i know I personally felt drawn back to my Doom roots, but i had no idea so many others did as well perhaps this will be the doom revival..?

If I could invest stock in this site, I think it'd be a winner, hooray for the empire of Doom and all it's equally twisted inhabitants!

Buwahahahahahha!

Heh, like Jack said, there's already been a n00b influx, and there'll be one when Doom3 comes out.

True, though some have been patently annoying, to say the least.

I'm not sure if I count as a n00b or not. I've not been here long, and I haven't contributed much. However, I've seen a lot, and I don't get flamed too much. I know everyone here, and I've seen some older members leave. What do you guys think? Am I still a n00b here?

I'm a partial n00b. I played Doom when it first came out (and was blown away by it) and then I moved on to newer games (played Quake2 semi-seriously). Now I'm heading back to Doom after being out of the community all these years :)

I still consider myself self a semi-noob in the DW circle. nonetheless, I've seen good guys come and go. on the other hand I've seen a fair share of complete 'tards try to waltz right in and call this home. I'm gonna love seeing how many new additions to post-hell come in when doom 3 comes out.

Javaguy, I'd consider you as mainly a "lurker", watching from a distance and only occasionally commenting.

The original doom community, eh? Yeah, those guys that coded DeHackEd and DEU, and stuff like that, and the mappers like Dr. Sleep and Sock.

MaCvILeWhOrE said:

When all the quaker's get here complaining about it not being quake when it (doom3) is released, than you'll see what real hell is.

Well if I see any of those I'll make them suffer. Oh and MaCvILeWhOrE, I'll be sure to employ you to offer your special cof33 sk1llz to all these "intelligent" quakers (just to make the threads in post hell interesting), before I let loose my powers on them.

Oh yeah, and I'm sure most of these newbies are here because of the coming of Doom 3.

I like this place, because most of the people here still enjoy a good single player FPS. Most internet communities just bitch about multiplayer bollocks, rarely touching the single player at all. but me? %99 of my FPS gamming is single player. and that's the way I plan to stay.

JavaGuy said:

I'm not sure if I count as a n00b or not. I've not been here long, and I haven't contributed much. However, I've seen a lot, and I don't get flamed too much. I know everyone here, and I've seen some older members leave. What do you guys think? Am I still a n00b here?

Well, I don't consider you to be one. :)

MaCvILeWhOrE said:

When all the quaker's get here complaining about it not being quake when it (doom3) is released, than you'll see what real hell is.

Quakers, hehe...I like that, complaining about Doom 3 not being Quake or the forum...why should it be?

Well Doom 3 will be cool but I'm not gonna stop playing original Doom, by far the best, would'nt you all agree?

dsm said:

Well if I see any of those I'll make them suffer. Oh and MaCvILeWhOrE, I'll be sure to employ you to offer your special cof33 sk1llz to all these "intelligent" quakers (just to make the threads in post hell interesting), before I let loose my powers on them.

Oh yeah, and I'm sure most of these newbies are here because of the coming of Doom 3.

I can't really say if that's why I came here, well no, because I didn't know there was going to be a Doom III until i got here, I was looking for Doom wads i think...this was like back in March when i discovered the site, but I didn't go into the forums until recently...

Besides, I couldn't even run Doom 3 on my piece of crap...of course i can't even load windows since it crashed, but I should be replacing it soon :)

I miss some of the old guys here.

Lüt's gone, we all know how he ended up.
deadnail's gone, he chose the same path as Lüt.
DarkFox is gone, and so is his yellow rubber Duck.
Zaldron is gone, I have no idea where the hell he is.
Dima hardly posts here anymore, or he really is gone.

Lot's of other people are gone too, but my memory isn't really that good lately. But, lot's of n00bs have been pretty nice towards the community, and I'm sure they'll be good replacements for the veterans some day.

Disorder said:

Zaldron is gone, I have no idea where the hell he is.

He's around here somewhere. Usually when his comp doesn't blow up.

Disorder said:

But, lot's of n00bs have been pretty nice towards the community, and I'm sure they'll be good replacements for the veterans some day.

Well if reasoning follows, that's not quite right, I'll be you before your a veteran, and you guys will be the veterans, the one's who taught us, long before I am ever a master- i must be an apprentice.

Words of Wisdom from the book of Xan

myk said:

The original doom community, eh? Yeah, those guys that coded DeHackEd and DEU, and stuff like that, and the mappers like Dr. Sleep and Sock.

No I meant Original Doom community, not original Doom community :)

DooMBoy said:

though some have been patently annoying

Why thankyou!!

But anyways, I still consider myself a newb as a joined member to the forums, but I have been coming to the forums and reading and watching stuff for over a year now, nonetheless, I may be a newb, but............. Meh.

Am I annoying?
Am I a newbie?
Am I pointless?
Am I asking too many questions?

deathz0r said:

i don't like rating myself.

I'm sure that some people here would be more than happy to rate you and other people :p

I'm still a newbie. I only joined just after the CGC a year ago. I've still got those newbie-crosshairs on me. Their just attached to a bigger gun, that's all. :)

I am a new member but I had doom when it first came out and it was the only thing I played for at least two tears. My friends thought I was an idiot for loving it so much. Then I found a big fat book at the store with a cd in it full of wads and best of all wad editors. It was the book with the blue demon on the front and it had around 900 pages. Then I was making tones of doom levels and by then my friends thought I must have brain damage but finally I got some of them to get into the game and those same friends are helping me with ideas for my new TC project and hopefully I will get at least parts of some levels from them.

I am afraid of Doom3. It just doesn’t look like it has the same feel to it and I’m scared that I’m going to hate it. I hope that it will still be doom to me. Oh and I hope they make it easy to edit.

What's a 'newbie' or 'n00b', exactly?

To this forum I could be considered a newbie, this being my 106th post. To playing doom over the internet, I could consider myself to be a newbie as well, since I discovered CSDOOM (or any port besides vanilla DooM) November of last year.

But I don't consider myself an all DooM n00b, since I've been playing the game (SP, COOP & DM) since I was 15, which I became end '92.

So what's in a name? Is a n00b the same as a newbie? I know lots of people who played the game since it came out and still either play like they never played before or behave in chatrooms/forums like a baby (no further comment on that statement;)...

Ohwell, in my humble opinion, everyone starts out as a newbie, but a n00b is someone who can't shake away the green newbiness...