Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

UAC Wants You!

In a small, tiny bit of Doom 3 news, the UAC page is up, though it's pretty much contentless at this point, with only a navigational image up there. However, as more info gets released on Doom 3, it will supposedly become available here. So I've heard anyway. Also if you're into reading and stuff, pick up the latest issue of PCGamer which showcases a bunch of new Doom 3 screenshots and info. Most notable is a picture of the new Arch-Vile, Hell Knight and news that the Doomguy will have stamina of some sort, meaning after running for a while he'll slow down (players of Day of Defeat should be familiar with this). That's it for now.

These FPS characters are getting soft as technology progresses. The original doom guy had no problem running 50 MPH through levels like the road runner (meep meep) and somehow getting that extra boost by humping the walls. Now the guy runs for about 10 seconds and keels over. Beh. ;)

I understand that this game is being geared more towards exploration and survival rather than a basic shoot-em-up, it was a joke. That's still the basic trend, though. :)

I wonder how long his stamina would last if he was strafe running? Or wall running? The original Doom guy must get up to about 90mph sometimes.

:-)

Enjay said:

I wonder how long his stamina would last if he was strafe running? Or wall running? The original Doom guy must get up to about 90mph sometimes.

That sounds pretty funny when you think about it, when the doom 3 guy starts wall running:

"Ok time to slow down.. *huff puff* ok STOP! OH GOD I CAN'T STOP, SOMEONE *COUGH* HELP, SONOFA BITCH *gets dragged across the wall*"

>>(players of Day of Defeat should be familiar with this)
I used to play 'Day of Defeat' but it was filled with too many snipers. I still thinks its better than CounterStrike.
But if you want to play a real war mod check out:

planetquake.com/dday

its much better.

Adam Hegyi said:

Pretty good feature, that PC Gamer one.

;)

Indeed, and the screen shots! Especially the Archie and the cover shot. I think I may just be too scared to actually buy this game.

Insomniac said:

Uhh...since i'm not subscibed, could I get a link to the new PCgamer AV/hell knight pics?

Well I know im a bit late but Hier is a thread in which has some of the scanned pics, n jazz like that.